“Quick preconcert bite”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Stopped with limited time before a Plaza concert and was served friendly and fast on a busy Valentine day. The brisket dinner and Ruben were both good and the fast service even better. Nice wait staff with attention to detail was refreshing.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

We have visited two other TooJay's in the Metro Orlando area and decided to try this one in the revitalized Colonial Plaza Shopping complex.The layout of the restaurant is basically a deli counter with a full service restaurant pass the display cases. The displays are bountiful and so appealing you may just get take out and be happy. We were in the mood for service and were extremely please with our server Chezny.

The wife went with the tongue sandwich on rye and I had the "Triple J* Corned beef, roast beef, turkey and Swiss cheese rolled with lots of Cole slaw and Russian dressing". We were able to only finish half of the large servings and Chezny brought boxes for the remains. Both sandwiches were excellent with the wife's outshining my Triple J only because I managed to get some stringy roast beef in the mix that was tough to chew on my poor old teeth. The sides were French fries for the wife and according to her some of the best in her experience. Thick cuts were crunchy on the outside and soft on the interior and very hot. I went with the potato salad which was also a remembrance.

There is an order form on the table where you can specify items from the deli counter to take home. You hand the order to the server and when you are ready to check out she delivers the shopping bag to you. We had about a sixty mile drive back to our apartment in New Smyrna Beach so I asked if some ice could be put in the water proof bag to make sure we maintained proper transfer temperature. We ordered one-half pound of tongue, Swiss cheese, chopped liver and two banana dream cakes and half a loaf of rye bread. All have been tried and enjoyed in the past.

Hint - we like rich tongue and always ask for the center cut which is extremely fatty and fantastic in flavor.

Chezny delivered the order which must have weighed ten pounds. She must have put 8 pounds of ice in the bag to make sure we got home in proper fashion.

This young lady needs a raise.

Hint #2 - If you order from the server as we did, make sure you tip based on the total bill and not just for the meal service. It takes more time to put these special orders together than just delivering food to the table from the kitchen and she deserved a little extra for the great service throughout our experience.

Management checked in with us twice during the meal.

Good restaurant with professional organization. Try any branch you can find. They have all been good.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I order take-out soup and bakery items frequently from Toojay's. They really do a great job with cakes and pastries, and their matzoball soup cannot be beat. I am glad to have place like Toojay's in my neighborhood.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

We went as a large group and try many different things....THE ALL WERE OUT STANDING...but the desserts are to die for.Dont go there without trying the banana dream cake.....one of the best meals on this trip......a must go too

Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

What else do you need to know, right? But, anyways my husband and I enjoyed having lunch at this place. We tried the beer batter onion rings (good!), I asked for a foccaccia chicken sandwich with portobello mushrooms, roasted peppers, tomatoes and reduced balsamaic vinagrette... Awesome!