“You will love the food and service.”
Review of Regional Grill & Bayou - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Regional Grill & Bayou
Reviewed 18 September 2013

This place is a well kept secret to great interesting foods. It is not your everyday menu. The chef is also the owner. On Sunday breakfast is all day, it is $6.00 for any breakfast on the menu....be ready to be stuffed and delighted with the quality and flavor of the foods. They have lunch and dinner too. Regional Grill & Bayou is easy to get to, Curry Ford Road is connected to Semora turn West on Curry Ford Road or you can get there by getting off I-4 on Kaylie or come from Downtown Orlando by going East on Anderson turn right on Bumby and Left on Curry Ford Road, it is located on the right side on the street. Please come try the food you will love it and you will not leave there hungry.

1  Thank Marge f
There are newer reviews for Regional Grill & Bayou

Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stopped in for lunch this past weekend. The service was perfect. Jeremy came to the table the right amount of times, kept drinks full and was honest with opinion. It's rare to have this quality of service. We tipped about 45% and felt good about it.

The decor was so-so. The chairs and butcher paper tablecloths were run of the mill, but the columns and walls were nice. However, I'd much rather have good food and service than higher end decorations. The sign is hard to see from the road.

The food was the star. We shared an app of bayou onion straws and it was heaping for about $4. The sauce was a very good chipotle mayo. My wife had a grilled cheese and bowl of chicken au gratin soup. I had a cheddar steak and veggie sandwich with fries. The rib eye steak sammy was very good. It came with toasted bread, lettuce, squash and tomato with cheese. The fries were slightly seasoned with Parmesan to make them just perfect. I was impressed with my meal. My wife said her grilled cheese is one of the best she has ever had. When we look at a restaurant, we look at how they do the basics and adventure from there. The soup was very good as well. It was stew-like thick and full of flavor!

We will CERTAINLY be back

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Went here for breakfast with the husband. Menu has two sides, but only one price - $5.95! This is a fantastic deal for the food you get (I had eggs benedict - too buttery for my taste but I still liked it - with home fries and fresh fruit, and my husband had scrambled eggs, bacon, home fries, and fresh fruit). He has a dairy allergy and they were very accommodating for him, offering suggestions and they brought out the Chef to confirm what was ok and not ok for him. We wouldn't have gone here without hearing the recommendations from other neighbors, but we're glad we did. The decor inside is nicer than the outside suggests. I don't like spicy food so normally I wouldn't go to a Cajun restaurant, but Regional Grill and Bayou serves all kinds of food from across the USA. With this restaurant less than a mile from our house, we'll certainly come back to try other meals.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Visited 8-23-13, felt like trying something new and Groupon had a deal for this place. Thought 'why not?', and glad we both bought the Groupon and visited.

First, the 'bad' news - and frankly, it's not that bad. The dining area is about 20'x30', and they'll never win an award for decor. So it's fairly small, but lots of parking. When we visited, we had a short wait for table - the place was packed. Seated in <10 minutes...and then 10 minutes for a drink order, and another 10 to get a waiter to take our order. I was getting a bad feeling about this - while the place was packed, there were 4 people working the floor, seemed like we could have been helped better, and the table sat right before we sat had the same experience; we got our orders taken about the same time. The wait staff were gregarious and polite, but I kept trying to figure out why they were all so busy but we couldn't get served. Never did figure it out.

So lots of waiting (and I was told this was unusual).

On the Food: their menu is broken into regional grouping, and although some regional choices seemed contrived, it all looked good. Their Louisiana Po'Boy is a 22" long sandwich, looks delicious and HUGE. I tried the jambalaya and their Chicken and Sausage Gumbo; and I'll say this: I can't claim to know 'authentic' Cajun food, but I've tried lots of it. I've never had a better Gumbo, period. You *could* eat it with a fork, but you'd miss all the roux and that'd be a shame. Large chunks of chicken, lots of sausage, just enough heat to let you know it's Cajun...it was fantastic. The jambalaya was very good as well - I had it with dirty rice, as our waiter recommended that over the Orzo, and again just spicy enough to give a good tingle. The only hot sauce on hand was Tabasco, which complemented it but I wanted something more robust - Louisiana Hot Sauce would have been perfect. As it was, I couldn't finish my portion and killed off the rest today. Still delicious, if not better than yesterday. My wife had their Bourbon BBQ ribs - meat fell off the bone, and the BBQ sauce was beautifully caramelized. My son had the lobster roll, which he said was fantastic - and he (at 16) could only finish half and the rest came home. The only thing we thought wasn't as good as the rest were the fried onion strings - they were only ok. The sauces that came with them, though - Dijon and a Chipotle Mayo - were also excellent.

Finally, their rolls were decent, but came with a Maple Butter sauce that the waiter said he'd been trying to convince the owner to bottle and sell. We whole-heartedly agree - it's beyond good.

Other nitpicks: great at keeping drinks refilled, but bad about picking up empty glasses and plates. We had to start moving empties to an open table nearby just make room for dinner. Again, a really minor point.

And the piece de resistance; took our Groupon without batting an eye, AND they recognized (without us saying a word!) that the service we'd received was sub-par, and knocked 20% off the bill as a courtesy. I'm a HUGE believer in Service (I've been in the Service, Support and Hospitality industries for 25 years now) and let me tell ya; they weren't perfect last night. If perfection is what you want in a dining experience, this place wouldn't be it. But they recognized the problem, and more than adequately compensated us for the mistakes. Think we won't brag on the place because of that? Well, you be right; we'll brag on their food and their make-it-right attitude.

Sometimes you wanna go out and treated like royalty, sometimes you want earthier, home-style cooking, a laugh and friends to share it with. THIS place can be the latter. Can't recommend highly enough.

1  Thank Earl A
Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

The food was very good and portions was huge. While on vacation I ate there a few times. Will go back when in orlando. Cool place