“Unfortunately, as bad as the reviews say”
Review of Wild Jack's Steaks & BBQ Ribs - CLOSED

Wild Jack's Steaks & BBQ Ribs
Price range: US$11 - US$25
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Wild West themed family restaurant, specializing in Steaks & Ribs but also having a variety of meal options.
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

We weren't expecting gourmet but we didn't want fast food either, just well cooked American fayre.
It seemed a bit quiet and sleepy but we were willing to give it a go.
Then the drinks came - the banana milkshake wasn't a banana milkshake and the beers were less than fresh.
As we awaited our food with growing trepidation it was clear to see there were problems within the restaurant. We felt sorry for the staff and tried to be kind.
Our half chicken dinners were passable and the Alamo chicken, but they weren't good, just more or less edible. But the rack of ribs was awful, all bone and fat and no meat, covered with a thick sticky sauce.
More problems seem to arise with other customers.
We ate what we could, paid and left.
Thankfully the morning after we all feel ok.
We don't like to complain, but there are serious issues there including cleanliness and food quality.
Certainly for the moment I wouldn't recommend eating there even though reviews a year ago were good. It felt like Gordon Ramsey should pass by here to sort it all out!

2  Thank janestopforth

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Visited tonight restaurant was quiet ordered our drinks which took forever when they eventually came had ice which I requested twice to Not have. All meals came out with no knives and forks which we then had to wait for which seemed liked forever so started to eat my mash with my fingers as it was getting cold. No side dips with food, when asked waitress for she looked confused and went away to get, by this time we had almost finished the meal. 2 of the ribs were absolutely disgusting full of fat and could only be picked at. Did mention to waitress whose response was 'sorry'. Bill arrived at the end which had $9 tip on it and overcharged for 2 shrimp meals. Told waitress wasn't happy again with the rib meals and want a refund/discount for being given food not fit for a dog. She went and altered the bill via a so-called 'manager'. When the bill came back there was only 15% off the ribs but they had changed the tip to $12+!!! Had to question this with the manager again who would not budge and was extremely rude unhelpful and didn't give a damn. Whilst there 2 other families had issues. 1 had hard tough steak and another had moths and bugs in their drinks and they got the same response from the manager as us!!! Felt better when leaving restaurant a family was considering eating in there and asked my opinion so I told them exactly what I thought of it...as u can imagine they sped off and thanked us for telling them!!!...disgusting attitude and customer service. AVOID!!!!

1  Thank mfclisa
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Went there with the family for evening dinner whilst on holiday from the UK, whilst my Steak was edible it was extremely fatty and came with just a jacket potato, no accompaniments, however, I ordered chicken tenders for my daughter, surprisingly she stopped eating them after one small bite, I questioned why and decided to try myself before making a judgement, they were inedible and I had to spit it out (and I am one who will eat anything and always clear my plate)…
I complained and just got a “I’m sorry” from the poor waitress, “I spoke with my boss and he’s asked what does it taste like” – couldn’t believe it and felt sorry for her.
The Manager could give a s**t, my advice is stay clear of this one.

2  Thank Mark J
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Thought we would give it a try, walking distance from our hotel. Terrible service, order was wrong,bathroom dirty @ 6pm (they open at 5 pm). So we said no thank you, paid for what we drank and left. Ruined out famiky dinner. Never again, listen to the reviews!!!!!

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

The poor lady had to serve a steak that was cooked differently right through and even though only half was edible we got no discount more than the vouchers we took. The manager was arrogant and unhelpful and had the cheek to add a gratuity of 17 percent on. Please avoid if you like nice food and service.

3  Thank Mossyman