“VERY EXPENSIVE CIRCUS FOOD”

Circus McGurkus Cafe Stoo-Pendous
Ranked #1,190 of 4,058 Restaurants in Orlando
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The café like every other restaurant and kiosk at Universal was totally understaffed. They try their best, but there should have been a lot more people to serve. It is set up like a cafeteria, with servers putting your orders on trays. Besides taking money, the very sweet cashier also was the only person doing drink orders. It was like this were ever we ate at in Universal. The food ranged from so so, to just plain awful, and the choices were limited. The hamburger was downright nasty. They didn't have anyone to wipe down tables, so we used our had wipes.

2  Thank BRLTHREE

Reviewed 24 January 2014

We love Mr. Grinch and decided that we needed to have breakfast with him since we were there during the Holidays season. It was very much fun. The service was super great. the staffs were very friendly and helpful. The food was good. My kids and I loved their green rice crispy. The characters are from Dr. Seuss's books. They don't have this breakfast everyday. It's only for Holidays season so you will need to check with them. We booked our at the beginning of Nov. Surprisingly, there wasn't many people there. The restaurant was unique because there is a train ride going above it so we, most of the time, ended up waving back to those kids on the ride. Fun for my kids.

For the characters, they are so much fun to be with. Mr. Grinch was a great entertainer. He asked us lots of questions and he tried his best to find the answer when my kids asked him why he did steal the Christmas! LOL. We also met The Car in The Hat. He was so nice. We also met Thing 1 & Thing 2. They are fun and very wild. So my kids fit in with them so well. Overall, we had a blast and will definitely do it again if we go back there during Holidays season.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

The characters were awesome… the food was terrible. I was full all day, but it was super greasy and unsatisfying. If I went back at the holidays, I would meet the characters in the park and make other arrangements for breakfast.

5  Thank LisaSecula
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Not sure what they do, but the chicken anything is great here. My kids always say it is the "best chicken sandwich ever."

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We ate here on Christmas. It was $125.00 for my family of 5. A complete rip-off. Food was terrible. Plastic plates, you had to pick a certain meal not a buffet. I would say this was the worst restaurant at Universal but then I ate at Three Broomsticks there the food is inedible. The characters and staff were nice but the place was not worth it. Free breakfasts at a Hampton Inn are better quality.

1  Thank Maria J