“Location! Clean! Friendly! Affordable!”

Aloft Orlando Downtown
Ranked #97 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Location! Clean! Friendly! Affordable!”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I am a longtime Starwood Preferred guest member and we used points to stay in this hotel one night in December. This hotel successfully portrays a chic and trendy atmosphere but without the inflated prices you see in hotels like the W (also a Starwood property). The room had a nice layout and plenty of table and sitting space. We appreciated the Apple iphone charger/radio in the room as well as the two 42" tvs. We stated on a floor that faced the highway and the sound was not an issue. The hotel was extremely clean. We enjoyed the late night snack in the hotel cafe at 1:00am after coming home from a concert at the Amway Center.

The best thing about this hotel was its location to Church Street and Amway Center events. You can walk to everything and we felt safe walking home in that area late at night. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Book a room a week or more ahead of an event at the Amway Center. I noticed rates went up considera...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Rating this hotel as "average" for a business traveler. However, if you are looking for a fun place to stay downtown that has easy access to bars and restaurants, you will really like this hotel. It is a new hotel in a remodeled building, so everything is clean and new. The rooms are minimalist and modern - in my opinion the layout is a little weird and the space isn't used well. Not much closet space. The hotel only offers valet parking (there's limited space downtown, so this is understandable). The staff is very gracious and helpful. This is a good place to stay if you're looking to have a good time. Typically there are events during the week with DJs, so if you are a business traveler who doesn't like noise you may be a bit put off. However, every time I've asked the staff to lower to music they have been very accommodating.

1 Thank Michelle S
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Friday night I got a last minute call to DJ an event at the Aloft. Knowing how bad traffic can get downtown I had rushed to the hotel as soon as I could. After entering the hotels lobby the table for me and the room/runway was already set for the event. While setting up the equipment it came to my attention that the AUX cord will not be long enough to connect it to the equipment. That's when Mario Villegas (chief engineer) had stepped in and advised me of a near by Radio Shack. My car happened to be parked two blocks away, in the back of my mind I was worried about losing my parking spot. But Mario immediately offered to give me a ride to the store and back. That came to me as a total surprise that someone would do that. Once again I thank you to Mario and the staff at the bar and managers for being so patient and helpful.
-Karolina Lira

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 15 December 2013

The staff was very friendly and the hotel is amazing. I could not have picked a better location to get away from the Disney chaos. Everything is within walking distance (restaurants and night life).

I highly recommend this location for anyone traveling for business

Room Tip: Get a room facing downtown .. The highway side can get a bit noisy at night
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Stayed here for one night on my SPG points after a night downtown, was upgraded to a nice room on the 8th floor (room 811) that even had a pull-out sofa bed. Since there was 3 of us in the room, this was a very appreciated upgrade so each of us had our own bed. The hotel is brand new and is absolutely beautiful, I will definitely recommend the Aloft and look forward to returning in the future. The staff here is also very friendly from check-in to check-out. I can't remember the girls name who checked us in but she was a very friendly young Phillipino girl, as were the night audit staff (Matt and Christian) and the girls who checked us out.

Room Tip: Room 811 - has a pull out sofa bed and is a very large room for the Aloft brand.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Not only was the staff at Aloft very friendly but I was pleased when I saw how large our hotel room was. The room could have been a small loft apartment. It has a very minimalist contemporary feel. The hotel is also within walking distance from the downtown nightlife. We are definitely going to be staying here again in the future.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
M_Cartin, Starwood hotels at Aloft Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Thank you for your review. Its great to hear you enjoyed our location and found our guestrooms to be large in size. We too hope to see you again during your next visit to Orlando.
Hartsville, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Trendy downtown hotel. Very comfortable bed. The Suite we had was wonderful. Large room with a great view of downtown. The only downside was the street noise. Walls don't seem to keep out any noise from outside. Wasn't a big problem though. Modern furniture and a cool bathroom. Coffee downstairs is amazing. Seriously good! I want to know what they use. I usually hate the lobby coffee. Will come back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple