“an affordable gem in Orlando!”

Aloft Orlando Downtown
Ranked #87 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Vero Beach, Florida
“an affordable gem in Orlando!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Based on a stay at Aloft in Costa Rica, I opted to try their Orlando property. As soon as I pulled up to the valet, I knew I made the right choice with his quick and easy service. Plus the hotel was easy to find and had great access in and out without the downtown traffic.

Kudos to talent member Carlos Figueroa at the front desk for his enthusiastic welcome and hospitality! The lobby is modern and comfortable, it made you want to grab a drink and a chair and unwind.

My room was spacious, simple but tastefully appointed and extremely clean and well cared for, just like the lobby.

While I did not use the pool or dine, both areas were inviting.

Next time I'm in Orlando, Aloft is is!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank FoodSpace_Media

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Coral Gables, Florida
Reviewed 7 June 2014

On a recent roadtrip from south Florida o NYC we stopped overnight at this SPG property. It was chosen by my husband and I was VERY hesitent given the location of the hotel... I was nicely surprised by the great customer service upon check in and the attentiveness to our stay. We were even lost and called the hotel and the front lobby clerk stayed on the phone with us for over 10 minutes directing us through the local police road closures... I love the ambiance of the Aloft SPG property and the caring attention of tis staff. TOO BAD the property is located in this particluar area of Orlando Fl. Great staff and decor very very POOR LOCATION....

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Aloft! The service is great! From valet to check-in we had flawless guest service! Matt at the front desk is most helpful! The location is ideal right in the heart of Downtown Orlando! This brand is not for everyone... very unique style...we loved it! We only stayed for one night, but they had a lively bar, a great looking pool, and while their food choices were limited to snacks, there are several areas within a mile! They are also dog friendly!!! My dog had a very relaxing and enjoyable time as well! This hotel is truly a gem in Downtown Orlando!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This hotel opened in October 2013 and it is gorgeous. One of the best Aloft properties I've stayed in to date! The customer service is phenomenal and I love the modern design of Aloft properties. This hotel is walking distance to all the great places in downtown Orlando including Amway, Church Street, bars/restaurants, Cobb Plaza, Lake Eola, and the new performing arts center. If I ever need to stay in downtown Orlando again, this is the only hotel I would choose.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Aloft Orlando over the weekend and found both the room and the service lovely. We had a spacious suite on the seventh floor overlooking Lake Lucerne. Our room was quiet, and the beds and linens were extremely comfortable. The front desk service was extremely kind and helpful, and seeing the same young woman smiling and working happily at the desk each time we passed by made us feel very welcome. Though the place definitely has the hipster vibe going, one can overlook it and relax comfortably. We would definitely return to the Aloft Orlando.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank smdekker
boca raton
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Just got back from downtown Orlando and had a great stay. This hotel just opened late last year and it won an award for being "Green". Sign up for the rewards membership (it's free) and you get a perk for turning away room cleaning and staying green for the day. Bed was very comfortable, we had a view of downtown, and it was NEW! The decor reflects a South Beach feel; very modern, full of pleasing colors and clean. It has a no frills approach, aka...no real room service (bottled water is free!) and no restaurant in the hotel (but great restaurants near the lake). Downstairs is a small check-in desk, snack bar, pool table, beautiful modern fire place, small outdoor pool, outdoor seating, and a funky bar that opens at 4 pm. My favorite was the squishy tile in the middle of the elevator...LOL
My only complaint would be the taxes (which they have no control over) and the over priced/over night valet, but there is no where else to park so they got you there.
Overall, we had a great stay and I would recommend it. It was nice to see a hotel decorated differently from all the others. Young and fresh!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank monibox
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Very convenient to Church St action and short walk to the Amway center - http://www.amwaycenter.com/ http://www.churchstreetdistrict.com/
A hotel that takes being 'green' seriously - thanks.
Bars were lively and fun, drinks reasonably priced.

Room Tip: no problem with the room 409.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
M_Cartin, Starwood hotels at Aloft Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review Phil. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed our convenient location, green initiatives, and W XYZ Bar. We definitely hope to see you again during your next visit to the area.