“Absolutely exceeded my expectations”

Aloft Orlando Downtown
Ranked #108 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Fernandina Beach, FL
“Absolutely exceeded my expectations”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I chose this hotel based solely on its proximity to ORMC/UF Cancer Center, as I needed somewhere close by while visiting family in the hospital. I was able to call and make a reservation for the same day, and when I explained my situation (had no idea how long I was going to need to stay), I was told by the front desk staff that it would be no problem to extend my reservation or change it to accommodate my needs. The front desk staff, valet, bartenders, room service delivery, and kitchen staff were all very friendly and expressed their concern and sympathy when they realized why I was there. I was given breakfast vouchers each morning so I could grab a quick meal on my way to the hospital, and also by participating in their 'no housekeeping/green' program, I was given $5 vouchers to use for dinner each night. Despite the hotel location right next to the 408, I slept exceptionally well each night and never once had a noise issue. The rooms were absolutely huge, everything was clean and very modern.

Room Tip: I was on the 7th floor right next to the 408 and had zero noise concerns. I think anywhere on the h...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We live in Orlando and were looking for just a night away to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary. This ended up being the perfect place! Valet was quick and friendly! Check in was super easy and we were complimentary upgraded to a savvy suite! The room was clean and comfortable. We hung out a little bit and then left for dinner. When we came back there was bottle of wine from the front desk and letters from our family who live in Wisconsin set up in the room. The hotel went above and beyond our expectations and made our anniversary extra special. We will be back! Kudos to the evening crew on June 28th 2014!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Based on a stay at Aloft in Costa Rica, I opted to try their Orlando property. As soon as I pulled up to the valet, I knew I made the right choice with his quick and easy service. Plus the hotel was easy to find and had great access in and out without the downtown traffic.

Kudos to talent member Carlos Figueroa at the front desk for his enthusiastic welcome and hospitality! The lobby is modern and comfortable, it made you want to grab a drink and a chair and unwind.

My room was spacious, simple but tastefully appointed and extremely clean and well cared for, just like the lobby.

While I did not use the pool or dine, both areas were inviting.

Next time I'm in Orlando, Aloft is is!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank FoodSpace_Media
Coral Gables, Florida
Reviewed 7 June 2014

On a recent roadtrip from south Florida o NYC we stopped overnight at this SPG property. It was chosen by my husband and I was VERY hesitent given the location of the hotel... I was nicely surprised by the great customer service upon check in and the attentiveness to our stay. We were even lost and called the hotel and the front lobby clerk stayed on the phone with us for over 10 minutes directing us through the local police road closures... I love the ambiance of the Aloft SPG property and the caring attention of tis staff. TOO BAD the property is located in this particluar area of Orlando Fl. Great staff and decor very very POOR LOCATION....

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Aloft! The service is great! From valet to check-in we had flawless guest service! Matt at the front desk is most helpful! The location is ideal right in the heart of Downtown Orlando! This brand is not for everyone... very unique style...we loved it! We only stayed for one night, but they had a lively bar, a great looking pool, and while their food choices were limited to snacks, there are several areas within a mile! They are also dog friendly!!! My dog had a very relaxing and enjoyable time as well! This hotel is truly a gem in Downtown Orlando!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This hotel opened in October 2013 and it is gorgeous. One of the best Aloft properties I've stayed in to date! The customer service is phenomenal and I love the modern design of Aloft properties. This hotel is walking distance to all the great places in downtown Orlando including Amway, Church Street, bars/restaurants, Cobb Plaza, Lake Eola, and the new performing arts center. If I ever need to stay in downtown Orlando again, this is the only hotel I would choose.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Aloft Orlando over the weekend and found both the room and the service lovely. We had a spacious suite on the seventh floor overlooking Lake Lucerne. Our room was quiet, and the beds and linens were extremely comfortable. The front desk service was extremely kind and helpful, and seeing the same young woman smiling and working happily at the desk each time we passed by made us feel very welcome. Though the place definitely has the hipster vibe going, one can overlook it and relax comfortably. We would definitely return to the Aloft Orlando.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family