“Good clean and up to Aloft standards”

Aloft Orlando Downtown
Ranked #95 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Flowood, Mississippi
“Good clean and up to Aloft standards”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is a really good hotel in downtown. It is clean and well maintained. Staff is friendly. Very nice pool over looking the main street. Well located and with in walking distance from many restaurants and few clubs. Only concern was the parking fees at $20 per night which not all Aloft charge besides a few. Great thing about the valet service is you text them when you ready to leave and the car is ready with minutes.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the 6th floor. oversees the city
1 Thank paragkarania

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel was very clean, all staff were extremely nice! The entire hotel was gorgeous and very modernly designed. I brought my dog and they had treats ready for him. I was extremely impressed with this hotel and will stay at others they have around the globe.

Stayed July 2014
Plantation, Florida
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I spent three nights at the Aloft Hotel while in Orlando for business. Staff was friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and had a large work area (which was needed for my trip). The decor was modern and the bathroom was very clean. I needed a conference room on short notice and staff was very happy to accommodate (at a reasonable charge). Food was scarce but the hotel was connected to an online delivery service. I was able to get a reasonably good breakfast at the hotel in the morning; the food was pre-cooked but decent.

I had two issues at the hotel. First, they failed to clean up the room after the first night I stayed there. This bothered me because I had spent a long day at work and wanted to come back to something comfortable. The hotel offered no concession for this oversight other than a casual, "We're sorry." Of note, a different guest complained about this very issue the next day when I was standing at the reception desk. The second issue is that the hotel is right near a train track and I was awoken one night by a loud train whistle. It startled me but it would not keep me from staying there. I mention it because it was noticeable. Otherwise, though, the hotel was quiet and I never heard any noise coming from any other room.

I like the business model of the hotel and the stay was quite good. I would definitely stay there again if I had business in Orlando.

Room Tip: Find a room that does not front the train tracks.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Overall, this is a wonderful hotel, with a solid, helpful staff and an amazing DJ on Thurs. We also liked their outdoor pool and patio area. We like this hotel as it gives us 1) a good location close to downtown and Disney 2) Spacious nice rooms and 3) a great staff. My negatives were 1) While im totally on board with Dog Friendly, we had a room next to us with an unattended dog who barked for hours, so there should be some rules put into place to protect other guests 2) VALET IS SLOW AND WAY TOO EXPENSIVE. THEY PARK YOUR CAR IN An AREA THATSIMPOssible to get into and 3) very liittlehotel security.

1 Thank Faulkner8251
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I liked the Aloft brand, I enjoy the clean minimal design...however. I felt this hotel was all of that and then some. Aloft is know for it's clean fresh hip minimalist design. I loved the lobby and gathering area. The bar was great the bartenders fun and knowledgeable, the drinks...oh yes! I especially loved the Asian pear martini. The bedding and beds were very nice, comfortable and high quality.
Now what really didn't work me. I was attending a wedding so this was the venue and a ton of my family was in the hotel. This hotel was is not for women (or kids for that matter). I travel with my two girls both teens. We are experienced travelers, we love it. So this comes from a place of experience.
The shower had only dispensers for shampoo in the bathroom. It was shampoo/conditioner in one kind of shampoo. Uhmmm no, that doesnt work with longer hair at all. The dispenser was set so high on the wall my 13 yr old could barely reach it. Seriously?
I paid for a Savvy Suite, it was NOT worth it in anyway. Just a large empty space with another tv but no couch to watch. There was two desk chairs - one of which I was using as a night stand by the bed, and one rocking chair. Blah, not worth the extra cost since the room was unusable. There was only valet so the price is what is listed plus the cost of valet - $20, I think.
There was a breakfast area by the reception desk, pay as you go. Also, since the NBA training camp was at the hotel there was a buffet available for purchase. I took a look then took a pass.
All in all, I won't stay here again. I won't mark Aloft off my list in all locations but I am going to be more careful of the brand in the future.

Room Tip: Don't spring for the Savvy Suite.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
East Tennessee
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Loved this hotel. I was travelling on business and normally stay at the Grand Bohemian, which I love. The Aloft is only a block away, was $30 less/night and internet was included. Great customer service - when my flight was cancelled at the last minute I called the hotel and they gladly changed my reservation from 2 nights to 1 with no problem and no penalty. Then when I checked in they upgraded me to a suite which was very spacious and comfortable. The decor of the hotel is very contemporary, but still attractive and comfortable. I will definitely stay here again!

1 Thank lgbtn
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Nice fresh hotel in a great spot in Orlando downtown, close to all within walking distance.
Mostly for business people and one-nighters.

Breakfast is not anything to write about - not impressive!

Expensive Valet

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear HenningHawk,

Thank you for your review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your time with us - we loved having you. We hope that you will stop by again soon. Happy travels!