“Enjoyed our stay”

Hilton Grand Vacations at Tuscany Village
Ranked #40 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 27 June 2011

My husband and I stayed here on a last minute trip to Orlando. We enjoyed everything about this hotel, from the stocked kitchen in our room to the movie nights by the pool. It is conveniently located near the parks, with lots of shopping and dining near by. We hadn't planned on going to Orlando, so this hotel was a nice surprise that made our trip all the more enjoyable. I know that if we do go back someday, this will be our hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marissa C

Reviewed 23 June 2011

We arrived on the 4th june for 2 weeks,were given keys to a studio in block 6 .. 3rd floor..from the balcony there was rather a large din from an extractor fan adjacent to small pool . this we thought was a no no. 2 weeks with this din ,im afraid not..We went back to reception and were given another studio in block 2..reception were brillaint and no quibbles..studio was on 3rd floor off block 2. good enough for 2 people for 2 weeks. fridge microwave .ps there is no kettle but if you ring down to reception they will send you one up. ours arrived in 5 mins with a welcome basket..(very nice touch) The hotel itself is very good, free towels by the pool, ample loungers and severs that go around all day and into the night (10.30pm) taking orders for drink and food..say hey to megan and jenny,say the english and irish lads say hi. (remember its curtios to tip at least 10% off your total bill if your happy with service given). This hotel mainly caters for time share owners about 75% with a few studios and suites they rent out for holiday makers..The deli is nothing to write home about, it does the buisness breakfast, coffee tea etc..,small shop adjacent to it.If your renting self catering go across to publex ,gate opposite main entrance, your pass card will open it.Very good and cheap large supermarket with very nice staff.Its a bit off a track to get meals out side off your hotel but get a 7 day ticket for unlimited travel on i trolleys...green buses that come every 15 to 20 mins..POINT ORLANDO .I TROLLEY NO 24 check out houlihans .very good for meals say hey to martha if you see her.or if your on a budget with kids check out sizzlers next door. a bit like harvester free salads free desserts free ice cream!!! all with a main course for about £10 each.Theres an expedia desk in reception for tickets to disney, universal kennedy etc but check out other resort desks as tickets could be cheaper..example disney store at the premuim compex across the bridge and through the gate at hotel..Premium Stores are very cheap for clothes and i mean cheap!!!.Overall my first visit to orlando and the hilton complex and diffiently not my last. Will stay here again..ps there is word off thieves being on the prowel at the hotel. i never seen or heard anything about this but thats why you got a safe in your room to keep every thing off value safe..cleaners are very good..change towels make bed nothing but praise for them, reception brilliant,servers brilliant. say hey to jenny and megan again lol. Hotel over all was very good..i have no doubts whatever off staying here again hopefully very soon...

Room Tip: try to get a studio in block 1,2,3 shorter walk
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank mikie2011
Reviewed 22 June 2011

We are owners at Vistana in Orlando but it was booked when we called so we exchanged for the Hilton Grand Vacation Club on International Dr. Our standards are fairly high because Vistana is so great. We've never stayed anywhere better than Vistana, but the Hilton came the closest of all the other resorts we've stayed at. It is beautiful. The grounds are immaculate. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. There are only two pools, as opposed to Vistana's seven. However, despite the huge number of guests, we didn't have any problem getting chairs at either pool on some very hot afternoons. The reason this doesn't get a perfect rating is because we killed four cockroaches in our room. We called down to the front desk after the first two finds and they came up and sprayed while we were gone. They left us a little gift basket as an apology. However, that very night we came back and found two more. I know roaches are a pesky problem in FL, but it's disturbing to be staying at such a nice resort and have to deal with pests.

2  Thank ktroth
Reviewed 22 June 2011

As the person who entered a review in August 2010 I have never submitted a review. We stayed the Hilton Grand on International Drive in June. I didn't have my jewelry in the safe as we were not supposed to have housekeeping because we were only staying a partial week. When I returned from my day at the pool I discovered my diamond ring had been taken from inside a box in my nightstand drawer. Security came and seem concerned but not surprised. They filed a report and gave me the number of the police department to file the theft report. Security told me they would interview the housekeeper before she left for the day but I received no follow up regarding this interview with her. I am so angry that a hotel would employ people who are stealing from their guests. I have discovered their are over 40 pawn shops in Orlando. Be careful when traveling to the Hilton Grand Internation Drive as it seems theft from rooms are common to this property!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank 1cruiser2004
Reviewed 21 June 2011

the rooms are nicely made... almost new with a great property. Nice swimming pool, friendly staff. the premium outlet malls are just next door...

very close to the international drive where most of the theme parks and restaurants are placed at.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 June 2011

My 3 children and I decided to join my husband on his business trip to Orlando so we could see Disney and local attractions while he worked. My husband is a Hilton Honors Diamond member who stays 3-4 nights every week in Hilton hotels. He requested an upgrade since we were traveling with him. The front desk was very rude and told us it was not available. When my husband called the Diamond Desk and got them involved, there was suddenly a cancellation and a 2BR 2 Bath became available - -but they wanted to charge us $100 more per night for the upgrade. My husband pressed and was finally able to get the upgrade at no cost as it should have been all along - - but BEWARE that you will need to be firm and get the DIAMOND DESK involved because the front desk staff is not helpful in this regard.

With that said, the condo was amazing once we got checked in! The grounds are meticulously cared for and the pool was fantastic. It had a waterfall and meandered along so that no one place was too crowded in the pool. There was also a splash pad of fountains for the kids and dive in movie nights which my kids enjoyed. There is also ample shade under the waterfall cabana area. Drinks and food is served poolside or delivered to your chaise by the wonderful waiters at the Fresco grill. (Their pizza is great!!) There is also a lifesize chess set off to the side in the pool area that my kids enjoyed and a ping-pong table. There is a second, less crowded, but more plain pool on site as well.

The business center was large and roomy with a huge tv and comfy chairs. The outlet mall is adjacent to the property and you can walk over if necessary. Laundry in the condo was GREAT!

The only cons (other than upgrade issues) were: 1. Parking is a HUGE problem. They do have a shuttle that helps, and it appears they are doing some rennovations that may mean the problem is temporary. 2. Housekeeping was not consistent. They would come in and do some things on the list they were to do, but not all.

1  Thank luv2gogogo
Reviewed 16 June 2011

The Pictures on the website are not a true accuracy of the resort.
The pools look a lot bigger and nicer and there were not enough chairs at the smaller pool. The smaller of the two pools was dirty at times. The gyms were not equipped in comparison to other hotels.
The shower in our room was so small that we kept banging into the walls when we turned around.
We have been to many other hotels in Orlando that we enjoyed much more than this one.

1  Thank LeisureTraveler11