“Thank you Jose !”

Hilton Grand Vacations at Tuscany Village
Ranked #38 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Special thanks to Jose who did everything to find a nicer room for me. As a single traveler I really do not comfortable to stay in a ground floor room in the darkest spot of the building. Jose , working next morning at the reception desk was very understandful and found a better room for me (although the hotel was good booked). THANK YOU !

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (4,857)

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Beautiful resort. Gorgeous rooms - granite countertops in the kitchen, under cabinet lighting. Dishwasher and laundry detergent supplied (our suite had a washer/dryer). Patios have mesh covering to keep out insects. You can walk to the Outlet Mall next door via a locked gate (your room key opens it). Close to Publix for groceries. Only asked once about attending a timeshare presentation and once I refused the offer, was not bothered again. Traffic midday can be heavy on the main road because of the Outlet Mall - there are police in attendance to help people crossing the road! Good location to all Orlando attractions. Room was clean, bathroom was large. Bed was too soft and seemed to be a mattress on a metal box spring that did not fit - the frame stood out from the mattress (which I discovered after banging into it). All staff were friendly and gave you a wave or a smile.

Room Tip: Don't worry about the $$ upgrades they offer you such as upgrading to a room closer to the outle...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

I was long anticipating our fourth stay at HIlton Grand Vacation Suites. I have considered this my "home" when visiting Orlando, but after this stay I don't plan on returning.

The resort itself is great! Great pool and great rooms with lots of space! If it weren't for the other issues, I would gladly return.

My first issue was with the Concierge service who is actually a third party vendor. I received an email from Hilton about their Concierge service. On my first call I hung up after waiting for 20 minutes in hold for my call to be answered. I tried again later that day and left a voicemail requesting they return my call. Four days later after no response I left a second message indicating that it was my second call and would be arriving in a few days so I needed a callback ASAP. I clearly left my name and number three times in the message.

Upon checking in, I still had not received a call back so I decided to introduce myself in person to the concierge. I let them know that after ignoring my messages for a week I no longer needed a callback since I had already taken care of things myself. The guy just gave me a grin and said "that's great!"

My biggest issue for not wanting to return is the traffic around the resort. It has gotten awful. One evening it took 45 minutes to drive from Downtown Disney back to the resort which is about 4 miles.

They desperately need to install a traffic light at their entrance. You have traffic coming from the Outlets as well as from Publix and it is very challenging to get in and out of the resort. I saw more than one near miss accident. While this is really a fault of the City of Orlando and the Outlet Mall expansion, it is such a hassle that I'm not willing to put up with it again for a future visit. If the traffic issue can be corrected I will gladly return, but I still wouldn't use the concierge service.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jason C
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations at Tuscany Village, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thank you for your feedback, as well as your repeat business, both of which are truly appreciated. As far as your most recent stay with us, while we cannot apologize enough for the frustration our Expedia Local Experts obviously caused you, please be assured we have since met with their local area manager to review your comments, so they can also benefit from your feedback and to take any necessary corrective action they may need to do moving forward to minimize the risk of another valued guest, like yourself, being similarly inconvenienced somewhere down the road. At the same time, while we also share your concern regarding the increased amount of traffic in the area, which is primarily related to the recent expansion of the Premium Outlets adjacent to our property, we are also cautiously optimistic that once Orange County installs a new traffic light just down the road from us at the Vineland Road - Regency Village Drive intersection, which we’ve been assured will be completed early next year at the latest, the situation will be much better than it is today, due to the natural break in traffic stop lights are known to create. Again, we appreciate your continued loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back for a fifth stay.

Peter M. Merrill
General Manager HGV Orlando Resorts

Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

From the moment we drove on the grounds we were treated like royalty! The room was spacious clean well equipped and very comfortable! We spent our 35th wedding anniversary here!! Loved every moment. We walked to the outlets. The one day we were walking and my sugars went very low. An attendant just happened to be driving a golf car by and gave us a ride back to our room. Very impressed with our entire stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Relaxing atmosphere, Fantastic Associates with great attitudes, the best beds in the industry, and easy access to so much! While the fitness center isn't the largest, the equipment all works and is very clean and well maintained. Recreation center with complimentary pool tables, and gaming arcade for the kids, and/or pool with movie makes for an easy way to end the day. Service from beginning to end is unequaled in similar priced, and even higher priced hotels. Everyone is friendly and helpful, very attentive to customers needs.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We stayed at the Hilton grand vacation suites at sea world last year, and I mistakingly booked this hotel this year thinking it was the place we stayed last year! However, I am happy at my booking mistake!
We have a two year old who liked the pool (a good pool but not tailored for children) and loved the playground which was covered so he did not bake in the sun while playing. He loved the little splash park they had for kids even though it was fairly simple, he played there for almost an hour and did not want to leave.
What we like about this resort is that it has things for the whole family. My husband enjoyed the pool and some beer tasting they had poolside, and the gym. I was thrilled to walk right next door to a huge factory outlet complex to go shopping once our son fell asleep at night. The factory outlets have a great playground but it is not covered and gets too hot to play in during the heat of the day. The factory outlets have a food court which was a good lunch option for us instead of eating at the hotel, and we managed to find a place serving healthy food there.
In addition to staying at the Hilton at seaworld, we also stayed at Sheraton vistana and marriott harbour lake in the past. We think the hilton properties are better quality than the Sheraton and Marriott. We loved our room. Nice screened-in patio. We had a view of their lake. Great bathroom and bathtub. Nice kitchen. The washer and dryer are larger than what you would typically find at these types of resorts. Marriott harbour lake had pools that were tailored for kids, whereas this resort seemed more adult-oriented for the pools.
I believe that this resort is a time-share condo kind of setup so they might try to talk you into ownership. They offer you theme park tickets if you listen to their presentation. We never agree to things like that since our time is precious on vacation. However I think we probably could see ourselves with a time share in this kind of resort since our experiences so far have been really good.
Parking was busy but we found a spot near the room every time.
There are lots of dining options nearby and a grocery store across the street. The area itself is quite busy, lots of traffic, and a bit too much like being in the middle of concrete-city! We planned lots of excursions in the area so the hotel was mostly just a nice home-base for us. There is lots of suitable and similar accommodation in the area, offered by all the top hotel names. I don't think you can go too wrong booking a place like this or similar to this! We will be back!

Room Tip: We specifically asked for a quiet room and were given one overlooking the lake, across from the main...
Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank WellWellTravelled
Reviewed 26 February 2014

As an owner I expect to be treated very well, but for the first time I waited two hours to check-in, we come down on Amtrak so we are always early and generally never have to wait. The room is big and spacious, but was starting to look a little worn. I know a update is coming so that will be welcome. They have a great pool (2), excellent facilities and wonderful employees. Being connected to the outlet mall by the use of your room key is a great bonus. Of all the HGVC options in Orlando, we like this one the best. There were a couple issues which concern my ownership, room type and location which make it a little less great for me, but for most people it would not have been an issue. As always, great location, great place to stay, great staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with lake view, you can see the WDW fireworks, but they are a long distance off...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family