The first room we were given was probably the WORST one on the entire property. Is this what is given to the timeshare prospects?! There are 7 buildings facing a large lagoon with water features...Very lovely. BUT the room where we were placed was in building #4, ground level, on the corner facing the parking structure of the outlet mall. To make matters worse, upon entering the condo, there was an overwhelming stench of smoke. One of the reasons we had selected this property was the screened-in porch...but who wants to sit in their screened in porch on ground level facing cars and a parking structure? I called the check-in staff to complain and was told there was nothing else available in the ENTIRE place and they could bring in an "ozone" machine. My husband and I would not accept this and told them we were coming back to talk to them in person. We were ready to leave. We did not receive that great of a rate to deal with stale smoke. Annette, a manager on property, called the room before we had a chance to leave and requested that we give her "a minute" and she would try to find us something else. We ended up on the fourth floor overlooking the additional pool area and part of the lagoon. In the new room, the issue we noticed was that the adjoining bedroom, for our girls, was not as cool as the rest of the condo. Apparently, its central air was having issues as it was muggy and slightly musty smelling. We cracked its thermostat down to 65 degrees (the lowest it gets) and the situation improved.
Also, there is definite issues with parking. We were enjoying theme parks and had to use the overflow lot all three nights which is by the entrance of the property. Unfortunately the shuttle driver was no where to be found the night we returned from Magic Kingdom and had to walk after midnight. (*Even after we circled the property to tell the entrance shed person that we needed a shuttle, none ever came). The next night, I overheard the shuttle driver telling other guests that parking was a huge problem but that he was ALWAYS available. I brought up how we had to walk the previous night and I was handed a card with his phone #. It would have been SUPER helpful if check-in staff would give you this card upon check-in if they KNOW parking is a problem. (I will post this picture for you :-)
Overall, the property is very pretty. Both pools areas are very clean and have snacks/drinks available. We took advantage of the pizza delivery one night...pretty good. We enjoyed the Starbucks coffee in the cafe. Housekeeping did an awesome job! *** It had the potential to be an AMAZING stay but our arrival experience and parking really left a bad taste in my mouth. I can see why it is #14 on tripadvisor. ALSO, our timeshare gal (Charita) was very well informed, not pushy, and super nice. She indicated we needed to talk to her supervisor next...we waited a few minutes after the two hour mark and no one came so we just walked out. We had an airboat ride scheduled we had to leave for. We returned later to pick up our $200 hotel certificate. By the way, you can request a particular hotel for this rebate...otherwise you will end up with one that only allows Hilton. And when I say Hilton, that does not include all of its brands like DoubleTree and Homewood. Make sure to ask questions when you pick up your "gifts" as this rebate expires in 6 months.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful family resort, Hilton Grand Vacations at Tuscany Village is just minutes to Orlando's world famous attractions including Walt Disney World(R), Universal Orlando(R), SeaWorld(R) Orlando, Aquatica(R) and is adjacent to Orlando Premium Outlets(R) - Vineland Ave. Guests of Hilton Grand Vacations at Tuscany Village enjoy a remarkable family vacation experience from the elegantly appointed studios, one and two bedroom suites to the abundant resort activities. Hotel views include fabulous swimming pools, water features and a bird's eye view of the lush 34-acre resort grounds inspired by the beauty and ambiance of Tuscany. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Grand Vacations at Tuscany Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Grand Vacations Suites On International Drive Hotel Orlando
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club Orlando
- Hilton Orlando
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club International Drive
- Hilton Grand Vacation Club Orlando
- Orlando Hilton
- Hilton Grand Vacation Club International Drive
- Hilton Grand Vacations At Tuscany Village Orlando, Florida