“Loved the place”

Hilton Grand Vacations at Tuscany Village
Ranked #36 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We just finished a 5-night stay and loved the place. We've seen some negative reviews, but experienced none of what was mentioned. In fact, we found the service extremely good and a near over friendly staff. Cleanliness of the room was what you would expect. The day before we were to have the room serviced, we needed a couple of items and called the front desk. In less than 5 minutes we had delivered to us about 3 sets of everything - and they still returned the next day and serviced the room. We'll be back!
PS - the Premium Outlet Mall is right out the back gate of the complex for those who like to shop.

4  Thank randyetter
Write a ReviewReviews (4,864)

Reviewed 7 March 2014

The lobby is very nice, and that is a good thing, since you will be hanging out there for some time. No matter when you arrive, your room will not be ready, and you will be forced to hang around...3 hours in our case.

4  Thank Edward F. M
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations at Tuscany Village, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you your feedback. Although it’s not clear whether you may have arrived prior to our normal 4:00 check-in time or had some sort of special request for a unit in a particular location, we humbly apologize for the three hour wait you experienced after your arrival. Again, we appreciate the feedback as well as the opportunity to be of service to you and your family.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

The first room we were given was probably the WORST one on the entire property. Is this what is given to the timeshare prospects?! There are 7 buildings facing a large lagoon with water features...Very lovely. BUT the room where we were placed was in building #4, ground level, on the corner facing the parking structure of the outlet mall. To make matters worse, upon entering the condo, there was an overwhelming stench of smoke. One of the reasons we had selected this property was the screened-in porch...but who wants to sit in their screened in porch on ground level facing cars and a parking structure? I called the check-in staff to complain and was told there was nothing else available in the ENTIRE place and they could bring in an "ozone" machine. My husband and I would not accept this and told them we were coming back to talk to them in person. We were ready to leave. We did not receive that great of a rate to deal with stale smoke. Annette, a manager on property, called the room before we had a chance to leave and requested that we give her "a minute" and she would try to find us something else. We ended up on the fourth floor overlooking the additional pool area and part of the lagoon. In the new room, the issue we noticed was that the adjoining bedroom, for our girls, was not as cool as the rest of the condo. Apparently, its central air was having issues as it was muggy and slightly musty smelling. We cracked its thermostat down to 65 degrees (the lowest it gets) and the situation improved.
Also, there is definite issues with parking. We were enjoying theme parks and had to use the overflow lot all three nights which is by the entrance of the property. Unfortunately the shuttle driver was no where to be found the night we returned from Magic Kingdom and had to walk after midnight. (*Even after we circled the property to tell the entrance shed person that we needed a shuttle, none ever came). The next night, I overheard the shuttle driver telling other guests that parking was a huge problem but that he was ALWAYS available. I brought up how we had to walk the previous night and I was handed a card with his phone #. It would have been SUPER helpful if check-in staff would give you this card upon check-in if they KNOW parking is a problem. (I will post this picture for you :-)
Overall, the property is very pretty. Both pools areas are very clean and have snacks/drinks available. We took advantage of the pizza delivery one night...pretty good. We enjoyed the Starbucks coffee in the cafe. Housekeeping did an awesome job! *** It had the potential to be an AMAZING stay but our arrival experience and parking really left a bad taste in my mouth. I can see why it is #14 on tripadvisor. ALSO, our timeshare gal (Charita) was very well informed, not pushy, and super nice. She indicated we needed to talk to her supervisor next...we waited a few minutes after the two hour mark and no one came so we just walked out. We had an airboat ride scheduled we had to leave for. We returned later to pick up our $200 hotel certificate. By the way, you can request a particular hotel for this rebate...otherwise you will end up with one that only allows Hilton. And when I say Hilton, that does not include all of its brands like DoubleTree and Homewood. Make sure to ask questions when you pick up your "gifts" as this rebate expires in 6 months.

Room Tip: If a marketing person tries to offer you to switch your accomodations to Parc Soleil a week before a...
5  Thank Angela E

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We’re thrilled to hear you thought our Housekeeping Team did an awesome job and that overall the property was very pretty. We’re also pleased to know you found your sales representative to be well informed and super nice. At the same though, we truly apologize for the poor arrival experience you described, as well as for the parking challenges and failure to clearly communicate the creative options we have in place to overcome this issue when it periodically arises, which marred your stay with us. Again, we apologize and thank you for your invaluable feedback!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I was at the Hilton for 6 days on a conference near by at the Marriot wold center, I look for a jice place because I was coming with my whole family of 12 to Disney a week after my conference.
Definitely won't stay here, just because of the costumer service!
They seems like not care for what's going on, saw garbage on hallways including cigarettes, people are disrespecful of it era bu leaving all thier junk on hallways, there are many trash cans to deposit garbage.
Room was ok, clean and comfortable for my self. One thing that bother me is that the morning after arrived they call me at 8am, to inform me about a introduction to the property( time share)
I polity decline because I was busy, I don't think I would consider buying didn't see any units, but if they are like the rest of the hotel... Left things to be desire.

Room Tip: Next to a big outlet mall, if you like shopping and a few miles to Sea world.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. While we’re glad you found your room to be clean and comfortable, we sincerely apologize for giving you the sense our customer service was lacking as well as for the call you received at 8:00 a.m. the day after your arrival which bothered you. Thank you again!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stayed in a 2 bed 2 bath rental, and it was beautiful. Clean, well kept, updated...everything you could ask for. The ONLY downside, as has been mentioned in other reviews, is the entrance to the property itself. There is a lot of traffic and a lot of cars turning/stopping right outside of the property entrance, making it difficult to get in and out. We were able to arrange transportation to the parks 2 days, and while the drivers were not overly friendly, they did get us there safely and mostly on time. (I do believe that these shuttles are 3rd party, and not affiliated with Hilton, but not sure). The property had a lovely pool, a splash area for the little kids, nice hot tub, bar, etc. There was a family movie outside by the pool one evening, and we heard advertisements for many acitivities during the day around the common areas/pool. Finally, while there, my mother had a medical emergency. The security staff at the hotel was very helpful and kind, and respectful and reassuring. They printed directions to the hospital that my mother was transported to without me even having to ask. I only wish that I had gotten the names of the helpful individuals! All in all, I would stay at this property again in an instant. Great room, service, location, and amenities.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank FarmGirl78
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The property was very nice and the staff were extremely attentive, polite and helpful. You can have a luxury experience here. Our rooms over looked the smaller pool which made for a nice view. The weather was in the low 70s and it was before school spring breaks begin so the pool was not be used by many people. We noted that had circumstances been different that we would be woken up in the morning by children playing in the pool. The sounds of a few children enjoying the pool during the warmest part of the day was pleasant, but I don't think I'd want to hear noise and splashing at 7am. As long as you are looking for a family vacation and not a romantic retreat, this is a wonderful resort.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

great convenient location for Disney, etc. theme parks. nice amenities. nicely laid out for its size. private nook off the beaten path but very close to attractions, restaurants and shopping. we were playing golf - good choice of courses nearby.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple