“Great Value!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-UCF Area
Ranked #15 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We stayed here Feb-3-5th, 2012. We were in town for a Miranda Lambert concert at UCF Areans and this place was very close to the campus. As a value, this hotel is unbelievable. We had a one bedroom suite (415) and the room was immaculate and clean, and had a kitchenette. The staff is very helful and friendly, and your stay includes a buffet breakfast every day, which is incredible. Many choices to pick from as well. If I am ever in the Orlando area again, I will look to stay here first. Its seriously one of the better hotels I have been at in a long time. We even forgot our coats in the closet when we left for the Gulf Coast, which is a bit of a problem since we are from Canada, and the staff made sure to pack them up for us to obntain when we made our way back for our flight home. Thanks to all the Homewood staff! A++ service and A++ hotel!!!!

Room Tip: Try to stay on an upper floor. 4th floor would be my advice.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Shaun M
SSnelling, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-UCF Area, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2012

Dear Shaun M,

I would like to thank you for your glowing review about your stay this past weekend. I shared your comments with our staff this morning during our daily huddle and it truly made their day. It is good to know that the teams efforts are recognized by our guests. It makes our jobs very rewarding when we receive A++ feedback from guests like you. Thank you so very much and hopefully your journeys bring you back to Orlando soon. We hope you enjoyed the concert, see you soon and safe travels.

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-UCF Area

Reviewed 10 February 2012

Had to attend classes at the University of Central Florida..which is 5 minutes away..had rental with free parking at the Suites. The food both morning and eveniings was excellant..saved me going out and spending money. The room which is like an efficiency apartment had everything I needed and then some. Everything worked and everything was clean. Everyone in the staff was friendly and helpful. I've stayed at other Homewood Suites and they always are a good fit for my activities.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank orphan60
SSnelling, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-UCF Area, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2012

Dear orphan60,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor about your stay with us. We are pleased to hear that we were a great fit for your travel needs due to our proximity to the University of Central Florida and we are thrilled that you enjoyed our services and amenities. I would also like to thank you for your continued loyalty with te Homewood Suites brand. We are looking forward to welcoming you again next time your travels bring you to Orlando.

Reviewed 9 February 2012

We had a family emergency in FL in early Feb 2012, and family members flew in from NJ and NM to be together at the Homewood Suites. Joey Kratt and the staff went out of their way to cater to us and make our visit together wonderful. We hung out by the pool and jacuzzi (I liked the towel closet by the pool), in various rooms (very nice), and put tables together in the morning to enjoy the great breakfast that was included. We were able to savor all the time we had together, and I am so grateful to the staff for making us feel like we were at home for a weekend.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Dear hellofromjersey.

On behalf of Joey Kratt and our entire team here are the Homewood Suites UCF, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at our hotel. It is wonderful to hear that our team and and the amenities we offer, were able to make you and your family feel comfortable and at ease. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in Orlando soon.

Reviewed 31 January 2012

This hotel has a very modern room and all together has great service. The only problem was I had a non smoking room but it smelled like smoke in my room leaving me running the fan all night. I am sure I could have been switched but it was late and didn't want to move my stuff. Great place overall.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank forceejc

Dear forceejc,

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience with the smoke smell in your room. Unfortunately sometimes guests may smoke in a non-smoking room and it can be very difficult to remove the odor. We will make sure our housekeeping staff is reporting rooms which may need additional attention. If the room must be occupied before the odor is completely gone, we will warn guests staying in that room ahead of time in case they are sensitive to lingering smoke odors.

I thank you for bringing this matter to my attention, and please do not hesitate to approach a member of our team if you need anything during future stays with us.

I am looking forward to welcoming you again.

Siincerely,

Reviewed 25 January 2012

Try to stay at Homewood when I can and this one was just as impressive as most. Staff was friendly and helpful. Everything was clean, spacious, fresh, and inviting. Always enjoy the free breakfast and appreciate the free wifi. They even allowed me a late check out which was greatly appreciated. Thanks, Homewood, for another great stay! Would definately recommend to others and stay again!

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank bondtk

Dear Bondtk,

Thank you for your very nice comments and your continued loyalty to Homewood. It is always good to hear that we were able to provide you with everything you needed during your stay with us.

We will see you soon, take care.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

Our stay at this hotel was very pleasant. The staff were consistently courteous and went out of their way to meet all our requests. They were very friendly! The evening reception was wonderful. The breakfast was very good and provided several tasty alternatives. The pool was lovely, large and the enjoyable. Our family traveled with a 12 year old and a 15 month old, and we were very comfortable all around. Our only complaint had to do with cigarette smoke. We stayed on the 4th floor, and every time we approached the elevators, we thought we smelled cigarette smoke. When we asked the front desk, she explained that some rooms on the 4th floor were smoking. We were surprised that such a nice, up to date property would even allow smoking on site? Why are they not a smoke free property, like so many other health conscious hotels these days? So, if you don't like cigarette smoke, stay away from the 4th floor. Otherwise a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Avoid the 4th floor if you don't like cigarette smoke.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank kalirisin

Dear Kalirisin,

Thank you so much for your review. It is fantastic to hear that your family enjoyed their stay with us. I would also like to thank you for letting us know about the smoke odor near the 4th floor elevators during your stay. We do have a select number of smoking rooms on the 4th floor which we need to keep in order to remain competitive in the market and accommodate some of our valued guests. Especially our guests that stay with us for an extended period of time appreciate the fact the we still offer smoking rooms for their convenience. We have however decided it might be best to inform non-smoking guests who will be staying on the 4th floor that there may be some odor when walking through the hallways. This way, if anyone finds this objectionable we can be more proactive in accommodating them.

Again, I thank you for bringing this matter to my attention and I hope to welcome you and your family again soon.

Reviewed 9 January 2012

I first stayed at this Homewood Suites in Nov 2010 and was immediately impressed with the friendly staff and cleanliness of the property. I ended staying three nights on two different occasions in 2010. Now I stayed there again in Dec 2011 and there is just something special about this property.
I have not stayed at a finer facility at any price point.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank pipatton
SSnelling, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-UCF Area, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2012

Dear Pipatton,

Thank you so much for your glowing review. It is our pleasure to have welcomed you once again. We truly appreciate your kind words and will continue to provide our guests with the service you have come to know from us.

Again, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write about your visits to our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Steffi Snelling