“My home away from home”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando - UCF Area
Ranked #27 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 26 September 2010

I have been staying at the Homewood Suites UCF off and on for more than a year and half. It has become my home away from home. The front desk greets me by name and most of the other staff seems to know me as well. I usually do an on-line checkin and get the same room every time, which makes things quite easy. The best part about this Homewood Suites is the meal service. Breakfast is always good and with enough variety to keep things interesting. The evening service, unlike that I have had at other longterm stay hotels, is actually a meal. You do not need to go out on the nights it is served. I expect that the hotel will be my place to stay in the UCF area for years to come.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 August 2010

With our son being a college student near UCF, Homewood Suites has been our home-away-from-home several times over the past two years. It is obvious the management has high standards - their staff are friendly, courteous and very accommodating, and the place is always clean and orderly, including the dining and lobby areas. On our last visit we were leaving at 6:30 a.m., a half hour before the complimentary breakfast was to be served, but the staff very graciously brought everything out early just to accommodate us - eggs, bacon, potatoes, everything. And their breakfast buffet is really complete, fresh and appetizing. Can't say enough good things about this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2010

Chose this hotel because of all the awesome reviews on Trip Advisor. It was a nice place. A little out of the way, and a couple blocks away from what looked to be not so great neighborhoods, but we never felt any of that element inside the hotel walls... It was also nice having a Walgreen's right next door. Definitely made a couple of trips there. It's a bit of a drive to most of the area's attractions. Be sure to keep your car stocked with quarters to get through all the toll roads! But it did seem like a good place to be based, and the rooms were great. All the amenities you could ask for!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jonmanuel
Reviewed 6 July 2010

First time at a Homewood Suites..we'll be a repeat customer! Stayed here for 4 nights with my family on June 26. What a wonderful hotel! it was so clean, the staff was nice and helpful,and the breakfast/night reception was yummy! You can tell the staff takes pride in their jobs and where they work. It's close to shopping, food, and highway. We had a king/suite. It was set up nice. The TV could have been more updated though as in flat screen with better volume. 2 sets of elevators, clean hallways, laundry area, computers to use. The only downfall was the hotel was a little out of OUR way and we had to pay a lot in tolls (my fault). Great stay overall!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2010

The Team here realy put it all together at this Homewood Suites. The rooms, facilities, gym, pool and even the food were fabulous. Except for the business that brought me to Orlando, there was no reason to leave the building. I'd stay here again and again. One down side was their internet acces seemed very slow. They promise that will be better the next time I visit.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2010

Chris Machado has to be in my top 10 front desk employees. As a HHonors Diamond member, my stays reach over 200 per year, and I am keenly aware of customer service. I can rate Chris, along with every employee I came across during this stay, as ABOVE AVERAGE every single time I encountered his smiling face. Thank you for a terrific experience at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2010

The staff during my stay was absolutely wonderful. I stayed 4 months in early 2009 for business (government). The only thing I could possibly complain about is the noise right outside my room as I was located near an elevator. On the weekends, being in Orlando, there were usually large groups of younger visitors in the hotel running around being loud. I blame the parents, not the hotel.

The breakfast was fantastic and FREE everyday for EVERYONE. Not just a crappy little continental breakfast either. Great food! Also, the welcome home "dinner" was usually pretty good too. The foods were always changing and the staff was always willing to take recommendations. Not to mention the free beer and wine! That's right. Free. Beer. And. Wine. Awesome.

I actually never used the pool but the fitness center had a couple treadmills and stationary bikes that were in good condition. The laundry service was usually pretty clean and vacant when I needed to do laundry. Would've been nice if it were free, but not a big deal.

The bed...oh man the bed. So comfortable. King size mattress basically swallowed me every single night and was probably the most comfortable thing I've ever slept on.

By the end of my stay, the staff knew me by name and treated me like family. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business