“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #11 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Key West, Florida
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed 24 December 2010

Stayed at this hotel in Novemeber of 2010. I was familiar with the area and was surprised that it was ranked #1 in Orlando (over Disney properties or hotels on I Drive). Don't know if I would rank it that high, however it has a great location, just minutes away from UCF/Research Parkway/Waterford. The hotel was very clean and the front desk was extremely helpful. I had two issueswhen I stayed there. The first was when I called to book the room, I asked for a King, when I got to the room it was a Quenn. I was too tired to complain, and in their defense when I called the 800 number, I was probably talking to someone in India. Second, I was dropped every 5-10 minutes from the wireless internet. SUPER FRUSTRATING. But all in all it was a great hotel with reasonable prices. I would stay again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
jstanek, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-UCF Area, responded to this review, 30 December 2010
Dear dbloweiv,

Thank you for your time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I really appreciate your comments and I would like to sincerely apologize for not getting the correct room type and for your troubles with the wireless connection. We are working on several exiting improvements for year 2011 and one of them is a internet connection. Again, thank you for your valuable time and we look forward to having another opportunity to be your home away from home in the future. Jan Stanek

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 30 November 2010

We were in Orland to visit Kennedy Space Center. This hotel is located on the east side of Orlando in the university area. It is only minutes from the highway and only 25 mins from KSC. Easy to navigate around with ample parking. Walgreens next door is nice. The breakfast was always really good, the best free hotel breakfast anywhere. Our 4 night stay was quite and pleasurable. Lots of restaurants around and the area felt safe to me.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank zippeee
jstanek, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-UCF Area, responded to this review, 2 December 2010
Dear Zippeee,

I just wanted to take this time to personally thank you for your review from your recent visit to the Homewood Suites by Hilton – Orlando/UCF Area. We are very happy that you had enjoyed our breakfast and area restaurants. We look forward to having another opportunity to be your home away from home in the future.

Jan Stanek
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 13 October 2010

We stayed here one night for a Pre Cruise hotel This was a very nice hotel, everyone was very friendly and helpful, rooms were clean, pool area was nice an clean with towls stocked outside for you in this little hut. I enjoyed the pool and hubby enjoyed the hot tub, both were kept very nice. They serve a light dinner Mon-Thurs and breakfast buffet daily. Will stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 September 2010

I have been staying at the Homewood Suites UCF off and on for more than a year and half. It has become my home away from home. The front desk greets me by name and most of the other staff seems to know me as well. I usually do an on-line checkin and get the same room every time, which makes things quite easy. The best part about this Homewood Suites is the meal service. Breakfast is always good and with enough variety to keep things interesting. The evening service, unlike that I have had at other longterm stay hotels, is actually a meal. You do not need to go out on the nights it is served. I expect that the hotel will be my place to stay in the UCF area for years to come.

Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Boca Grande, Florida
Reviewed 12 August 2010

With our son being a college student near UCF, Homewood Suites has been our home-away-from-home several times over the past two years. It is obvious the management has high standards - their staff are friendly, courteous and very accommodating, and the place is always clean and orderly, including the dining and lobby areas. On our last visit we were leaving at 6:30 a.m., a half hour before the complimentary breakfast was to be served, but the staff very graciously brought everything out early just to accommodate us - eggs, bacon, potatoes, everything. And their breakfast buffet is really complete, fresh and appetizing. Can't say enough good things about this hotel!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 July 2010

Chose this hotel because of all the awesome reviews on Trip Advisor. It was a nice place. A little out of the way, and a couple blocks away from what looked to be not so great neighborhoods, but we never felt any of that element inside the hotel walls... It was also nice having a Walgreen's right next door. Definitely made a couple of trips there. It's a bit of a drive to most of the area's attractions. Be sure to keep your car stocked with quarters to get through all the toll roads! But it did seem like a good place to be based, and the rooms were great. All the amenities you could ask for!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jonmanuel
las vegas
Reviewed 6 July 2010

First time at a Homewood Suites..we'll be a repeat customer! Stayed here for 4 nights with my family on June 26. What a wonderful hotel! it was so clean, the staff was nice and helpful,and the breakfast/night reception was yummy! You can tell the staff takes pride in their jobs and where they work. It's close to shopping, food, and highway. We had a king/suite. It was set up nice. The TV could have been more updated though as in flat screen with better volume. 2 sets of elevators, clean hallways, laundry area, computers to use. The only downfall was the hotel was a little out of OUR way and we had to pay a lot in tolls (my fault). Great stay overall!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family