We just got back from our trip to Disney. We are Vacation Club members and Saratoga Springs is our home resort. Our first trip was two years ago and I was so blown away by how beautiful the resort was. Two years later and it still looks the same and has improved I haven't stayed at any other Disney resorts so I cannot compare, but I will say the grounds at this resort is beautiful. We stayed in the Springs which was conventioned to the main pool, Artists Pallette and also the bus stop. Last time we stayed in the Paddock, I think I definitely prefer the Springs.
We stayed in the 2 bedroom villa and fortunately our room was ready by 1pm. Our luggage got there a hour later from the Magical Express but we packed what we needed in our carry on. The room was clean and refreshingly cool. We ordered groceries online and they were delivered with a few hours. Considering it is a family resort we did not hear alot of noise outside or in the halls and our balcone faced our onto the lake. It was a beautiful view and we enjoyed sitting on the patio.
The buses ran about every 20 minutes so if you missed one you had to wait a bit. That was the only downside. But considering you get door to door service it is worth it. If you stay until the park closes you may find your bus is very crowded or you may have to wait for the next one but that is expected. Our rides home at night were some of the quietest ones in that people were sleepy.
I highly recommend this resort. I did not do the meal plan, I didnt really look into it and I felt more comfortable eating when and where we wanted without restriction. The Artists Pallete had some nice flatbread pizzas that satisfied many a craving and they were big enough to have leftover.
Here are some tips I would offer:
* Stay in a Disney resort for the Magic Hours, Disney buses to and from the parks and also the Magical Express. We did not have to pick up our luggage until we got home, 7 days later. They took care of everything. We were able to check in for our flight home from the resort which saved us time at the airport. It doesn't apply to all airlines but it does for JetBlue.
* You can ship items down to the resort in advance of your arrival. We did this with baby formula because it can be heavy in the luggage. Also, if you want to order groceries you do not have to do it through the resort. We have used Goodings.com and we were very happy with them. Just pay attention to the ounces of things you order, we have found things came in smaller sizes than we are used to.
* The resort is really close to Downtown Disney, if you go try and take the ferry. It is a short trip but it is an enjoyable experience.
* If you want to eat in restaurants make reservations when you book your reservation. I recommend the Rainforest Cafe. Also, try and do a meal with the characters. Any meal with the Princesses is great and Dinner with Mickey was cute for little ones.
*Check each park's Magic Hours and plan your days there. If you can, go to the Magic Kingdom's early morning Magic Hours. We were able to get on the Peter Pan and Space Mountain ride in 5 minutes. By 10:30am the park starts filling up and gets really hot. Also, stay for the fireworks once. When it gets time to leave you will understand why I said "once".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by historic Saratoga Springs-a late-1800s' New York retreat famous for its spas and horse racing-this charming, Victorian-style Resort hotel is nestled between rolling golf course greens and the shimmering Village Lake. Delight in stately Studios and multi-bedroom Villas, dazzling pools and a spa. You can also explore the fun activities and exciting dining options of the Downtown Disney area, just a boat ride away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, LoveHolidays, TravelUp and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disneys Saratoga Springs Hotel
- Saratoga Springs Disney
- Disney Saratoga Springs Hotel
- Saratoga Springs Resort Florida
- Disneys Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Saratoga Springs Orlando
- Disney Saratoga Springs Resort
- Saratoga Springs Fl
- Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa Orlando, Florida