“Convenience to Downtown Disney & Family Friendly Resort”

Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Ranked #79 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 1 November 2012

One of our favorite Disney's owned properties is Saragota Springs located just across the lake from Downtown Disney.

We enjoy the Victorian themed ambiance of the Saratoga Springs resort. This resort boasts several accommodation options which will provide your Family flexibility when traveling in a small or larger group.

We enjoy the serene walkways throughout the property along with uniquely themed Water and Pool features throughout, it was like visiting the Water Park. It's a great resort to relax, play and reconnect with Family.

There is plenty to keep the Family busy, such as Water Slides, Tennis, Pampering at the Spa, Basketball, Shuffleboard and nearby Golf. There is truly something for everyone at this resort.

Pixie Diane

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank PixieDiane
Write a ReviewReviews (3,730)

Reviewed 31 October 2012

We stay at Disney's Saratoga Springs resort in Oct. Te weather was nice and hot and made the pool a welcome sight. The balcony was only large enough for two chairs and a small table even though it was a two bedroom villa, the four of couldn't all sit out there at the same time. We were in the Paddock area and the pool was very nice.

Room Tip: We liked the Paddock area because the pool had a snack bar and bar for adult beverages.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mickey M
Reviewed 31 October 2012

We were very fortunate to be able to spend a week's vacation at this resort, and the room we had was equipped with one bedroom a kitchen, and a sofa pull out bed in the living room. There is no doubt that Disney resorts are pricier than staying at local chain hotels, but one only has to enjoy the amenities at one of their resorts to realize that quality costs more. Very comfortable, clean, and well equipped (including the kitchen for when you want to prepare home cooked meals).

Everything was perfect, and the staff are super friendly and helpful (did you expect anything less from Disney?). Security is excellent, and once you've parked you car, no need to bother with it unless you want to go out for groceries or to a nearby restaurant--lots of options are close by, as well as shopping including a large factory outlet mall, Publix and Win Dixie grocery store, Walmart and Target--everything is relatively close to get to. However, if going to the theme parks, or the Disney Village and Pleasure Island, take the shuttle buses and relax, and no need to worry about parking.

You can also take a boat to the Disney Village which is efficient and drops you off in the heart of the area.

The resort is surrounded by a top notch golf course (Buena Vista), which is pricy to play, but something we just had to do, and we really enjoyed it, and would recommend it any golfer! You have to do something like this once in you life, and vacation is the best time to spoil yourself!

If you go, take note that my GPs did not recognize all the streets on the Disney property and while it got me there, it was a bit confused at times.

We did not use the Spa, nor eat at the restaurant in the resort, but they looked inviting--there are also two pools to take advantage of and both are ideal, although one is larger and has a slide for the kiddies.

There are a number of buildings that make up the resort, and they are all within walking distance to the main building called the Carriage House (where you check in). Also, not far away are the Treehouse resorts that are also integrated into part of the golf course--a very unique accommodation if you enjoy a more rustic setting.

2  Thank Korokan
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Stayed with my extended family in two suites. The rooms are very well equiped. We bought groceries and saved a lot of money by cooking breakfast and having snacks. The rooms are very big, the beds are comfortable and they make you feel at home. The hotel is HUGE so be prepared to walk for at least 10-15 min. to get to the lobby or restaurants.

Room Tip: Request a room in a building that's as close to the lobby as possible. Or you will have to walk...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Eliana G
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Just returned from 2 weeks staying in this resort. The grounds, comprising pool areas, accommodation blocks and lakes are idyllic and pristine. They set the scene for a perfect base for a Disney holiday. As ever the staff were superb - friendly and helpful.

We stayed in a studio room in the Paddock area. I was worried it may be too far from the main pool and restaurants, but it was perfect with a newly developed pool and snack area in the middle. It is a little far from check in and easy to get lost so make sure you get dropped off with your bags by bell services once checked in.

We have only stayed in moderate Disney accommodation before so were hoping for a high standard of room. Unfortunately the room was a little disappointing (as we have found before with Disney) and was basic as well as a little tired looking. It also lacked the quality touches we had expected from a "Deluxe Villa". For example the kitchenette had paper plates and plastic cutlery! It was at best of decent 3 star expectations. We also found a Studio too small for a family of 2 adults/2 kids so tried to upgrade to a 1 bed Villa. All were fully booked, despite being out of season, so do not wait to upgrade on arrival if you are thinking of this.

Although you could get a better hotel for the money, I would not recommend anything but staying at Disney. The free transport makes park hopping effortless. Our driver told us there are up to 800 Disney buses running at any one time just at WDW moving guests from one place to another!!! If you can get free Disney Dining (you get the full version staying at this resort, not the quick service), which is offered in the UK most years in the UK, that saves you a fortune in meals and snacks. Some of the restaurants are superb.

Overall I recommend this as a good resort. It is not too large if you are reasonably mobile, but may be if you have a disability making this more difficult.

If you are part of a larger group (as we were) I recommend buying a mobile from Walmart to stay in touch around this large resort and WDW generally if you are not from the US. For $15 you get a decent flip phone with $10 credit so we all got one!

Room Tip: For a family of 4 try to upgrade to a 1 bed villa rather than a studio (before you travel) otherwise...
4  Thank Paul-and-Marie
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Just returned from a fortnight in Florida. Not the first visit but the first time staying in a Disney property. We had an adapted studio apartment for the 4 of us because of the need for an accessible shower. The room was fine and the shower great. We were situated in The Springs area, it is very convenient for the main building and reception. The resort is large but walking around is easy and downtown Disney only 10 minutes along footpaths. The Disney dining plan that came with the stay was fabulous and should be a major consideration if thinking about staying at a Disney hotel. We would return to this property.

2  Thank David G
Reviewed 28 October 2012

My family and I traveled to Saratoga Springs for the October 15th weekend to celebrate my daughter's birthday. We are a Disney family, being DVC members as well as Annual Passholders so this review will be the most negative one I have wrote about Disney. To start our trip, we have ordered an arrangement from the Disney floral service to be delivered to our room in order to surprise our daughter. We also requested a ground floor room near the main building due to my daughter wanting to spend time near the main themed pool. Upon check-in, I was told we would be staying in a "garden view" room on the ground floor, however they had put me in the farthest room possible from the pool. They couldn't get me and "closer", so I accepted. (what choice did I have) Being an annual passholder and knowing I was staying at the Disney resort that had the most rooms (and almost is never full), I took it as complete BS. Then, they gave me the floral arrangement I had ordered right at the counter for me to carry to my room and surprise my own kids! (that's not the way that's suppose to work for $85) After that, we went to our "garden view" room and had the most wonderful view of the parking lot I had ever seen! Unbelievable to me. Our garden view was a complete joke. I called and made a complaint however nothing was really done about it.

After the check in process, I can't complain too much. The 1BR room was as good as usual with exception that the dryer didn't work. (it turned on, however it didn't dry anything) We love the space that these Disney 1 BR suites offer. Our family of 5 fits comfortably in the 1BR and the resort has many amenities that our family enjoys. We ate at the Quick Service restaurant several times and enjoyed the pool (although we had to drive to it). I would also like to say that many people were complaining about how cold the pool was. I think they are heated, however they obviously didn't have it on.

Myself and my family love Disney. I would have expected better service from someone that is an Annual Passholder and DVC member. I am part of many people that Disney admits pays the bills and my experience here left a sour taste in my mouth. All things considered, we will still be back and this place normally is a good place to stay.

Room Tip: You want to stay in the Springs if you want to be near the pool.