“Close to Downtown Disney”

Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Ranked #76 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Corpus Christi
“Close to Downtown Disney”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We finished our recent trip to Walt Disney World at Saratoga Springs. We have stayed here before and it is a great place to stay if you enjoy spending time at Downtown Disney Marketplace and Westside. Our room was in area called The Paddock and was a short walk to the front of the resort. We enjoyed our studio accommodations and the food at The Artist's Palette. The main walking trail to Downtown Disney is closed due to ongoing construction but there is a second, longer trail you can walk. You can also get there by bus or boat too. It was a great stay and we were pleased with all aspects of this resort.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,013)
  • Korean first
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed 19 December 2013

From the moment we arrived until we reluctantly left, we two senior ladies encountered only friendly and helpful staff, and we felt so well taken care of. The resort is large but there is an internal bus route, parking seems adequate and our bus service to the parks was great, plus we enjoyed taking a boat up and down the Sassagoula River on the day we visited Downtown Disney. Our suite was quiet and very comfortable, and spotlessly clean. Each evening we sat out on the porch and enjoyed the little lake, the birds and an occasional rabbit--so relaxing! The food service in the store off the lobby was open late and quite good, reasonably priced with specials every night and the option to take dinner on back to the room. We did have a delicious dinner at the Turf Club our first night, outside on a balcony overlooking the river. Disney theming is minimal at this resort. I've stayed at the All Star Movies and Music and enjoyed the motifs but it really was nice to leave the parks each evening and return to the serene 19th century Victorian environment. If you are considering Saratoga Springs, look into the descriptions, maps and pictures on the various Disney sites to decide on the area that would suit you best, and learn about the many activities that are available within the resort.

Room Tip: Buildings close to the lobby/store/pool may be preferable if you are without a car.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Adrienne B
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I really enjoyed my time at Saratoga, the whole complex is huge and is also close to all the facilities you need at downtown Disney (or Disney springs which its soon to be called). This has a number of good sized pools but I wouldn't recommend going if you have issues will mobility, not unless you have any other mode of transport as you have to walk far to reach all the different areas. really good stay would recommend to anyone really!!

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I came here with my husband, mum and 2 children (girl - 15 and boy - 12) for 2 weeks. This is our 4th visit to Florida/Disney world but our first stay in a Disney world Resort and we thoroughly enjoyed it! Our room was a 2 bedroom suite and despite what some reviews say about it being dirty, our room was extremely clean and we couldn't find anything wrong with it. We were waiting about 20 minutes upon arrival to get checked into our room, however we didn't mind at all and it really didn't seem like a long wait. We were on the third floor and had a view of some other balcony's but if you looked just slightly to your left then there was a beautiful lake and at night you could see fireworks in the distance. The view did not bother us as we were hardly in the room through the day. Just outside our room there was a bus stop, a playground and a small pool with sun loungers and Jacuzzi.

The main pool and eating places were only about a 10 minute walk but the walk was lovely and there was so much to look at. The food was also lovely and we never got bored of it. The pool was clean and friendly but there weren't many sun loungers around so you will have to get up early to make sure you get one. We only stayed round the pool about 3/4 times as we mostly went into the Disney Parks and visited Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure a couple of times.

The bus service is really really good and there is a bus around every 10 minutes so the wait is not that long at all. The ride is pleasant and the bus is neither to cold or too hot. I can not think of any reason to not stay in this resort, it is truly worth the money!

The only bad thing that was said about this resort in our family was by my daughter who didn't like it being quite so old fashioned and hated the music that was played around the pool areas (it was mostly quiet classical) but I suppose that's just her teenage opinion where everything has to be modern lol! I would definitely recommend staying here, as would the rest of my family.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Claire W
Headingley, Canada
Reviewed 15 December 2013

My mom and I stayed at the SS Springs resort Dec 7th- 14th. We have nothing but good things to say. I requested a lake view at the Springs due to Mom's mobility issues-- we received a beautiful 3rd floor 1 bedroom villa with balcony view that had a picture perfect view of the fountain! Bell service staff especially Dale & Eugene were very courteous, informative & humorous, obviously love their job. Jerry in his suit and top hat made people coming in for check in/check out very special. Housekeeping very attentive especially Tania. Thanks to Anthony & Fariz at checkout in readjusting my account- there was an extra charge from a restaurant that was obviously not mine. Remember to keep all your dining/ merchandise receipts as mistakes can happen in this computer world. The Magic bands made everything easy! A special thanks to Joanne at Concierge who arranged all our fast passes! Her time and effort really helped in getting in all the attractions.
I have read several reviews that the busses take too long and this resort is too remote-- initially I was concerned about this-- these reports are absolutely incorrect--- the most time my mom & I spent waiting was exactly 7 minutes! Yes, the SS Springs is not a monorail resort-- It does take 15-20 minutes maximum from the resort to the Parks--- we're on vacation, people! All the drivers took special care of my mom with her scooter, with attentive & courteous care by Lewis, Victoria and Jesus (in the case of Jesus-- maybe it's the name!).
My husband & I stayed at the Beach Club Villas in 2011 and loved it. Here- this resort we also loved- beautifully kept grounds, wonderful staff great pools! We both felt the this was our home away from home. The staff is the heart of this resort. Thanks to you all for making it memorable especially for Mom's 75th.

Take care!

Lorilee

Room Tip: All the rooms are well kept-- the bus service was great for all buildings. Get the building that sui...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Lorilee G
Ilford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2013

The room was lovely and clean, very quiet but we were in the farthest block away from the main pool & shop. We did not have a car we had to rely on the Disney buses to get around, the average wait time was 30 mins.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I booked this hotel threw Disney and this was the only hotel they could give me this place is to far from everything unless you rent a car the room was very small only one double bed and sofa I was put in the farther room away from check in which if you walk to it was a 20 minute walk that's crazy I called told them I wanted different room which I got same type of room I asked for 2 double beds I had to rent a 2 bedroom suite for that I have a disability and they would give me any better deal the sofa in room was hard as a countertop to sleep on and I just could do it my wife tried with her bad back but was useless we got 2 egg rates for bed but still was not compfy the room had frig and micro wave but the walk was to far to carry anything back I hated this place vacation your surpose to relax and enjoy couldn't do that here I would never book this hotel again I rather stay home it wasn't fun after walking around Disney all day to come back to to the hard rock hotel being were we were also we never saw any people or resort works to get info or things like that it took use 40 minutes by bus to get MK and this hotel is on Disney property how crazy is that
My advice book else where and closer to MK

• Stayed December 2013