So I was fortunate enough to be gifted a timeshare week to this hotel, however upon check-in I noticed that there is dust all over everything. The light bulbs are covered with dust. The light bulbs are all of a different wattage which does not allow for consistent lighting throughout the entire one-bedroom suite. I found that there were dead bugs on top of the refrigerator, there was a few dead moths in the cabinets, and the sheets were stained, clean, however stained.
I have stayed in MANY hotels throughout the world and never saw this upon checking into a hotel. This hotel is not cheap either. They usually rent out a studio for about $359/night. Who would pay to sleep on stained sheets and next to dead bugs? I already complained to the Manager on duty about the dust, bugs, and light bulbs that keep flickering like strobe lights. I called the front dest and asked for engineering to fix the issue, and the issue is still not fixed. My wife also had an issue with the little kids pool area at the Paddock area. She was with our 2 year old and near the slide there is mesh that is supposed to be tied down to large metal anchors. The mesh was not tied down and my wife stepped on the large metal anchor. Now she is bruised on her foot and we cannot go to the parks today. I am hoping that she feels better tomorrow so we can continue out vacation.
I addressed this with the Manager (whose name I will not post since he was so nice at the time) and not only informed him of the lack of cleanliness, however the issue with the pool. What got me so upset is that the lifeguard at the pool did NOTHING to correct the issue and did NOTHING to make sure that my wife who was LIMPING was okay. The manager on duty told me that what the lifeguard did is not what should have happened and he took some information down. He said he would check with me today to see how everything is, and its not so good. I called to follow up and see if they would prove any compensation, however I have yet to receive a call back. I checked into the room on June 20 and will check out on June 27. Yes, I am in the room right now writing this!
Over all this place is quite enjoyable, however this experience is not topping the list. The place is rather older with a microwave turn table that doesn't work. It has a full kitchen with full kitchen sized appliances. The draw back is that you will not have any maid services unless you pay $45 for a full one bedroom cleaning, $25 for a towel and garbage cleaning, etc... It gets pretty pricey. I recommend this place for those who are traveling with kids, however just be careful and do not be afraid to ask them to clean up the room! Would I return to this place, probably YES, however now with my eyes wide open to this experience we will certainly understand how to navigate our way through a little better!
The boat ride to Downtown Disney is a huge PLUS. They also have busses that will take you to the parks, and a little gift shop next to the eatery. Hope this helps some people! Good luck and have a "magical experience".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by historic Saratoga Springs-a late-1800s' New York retreat famous for its spas and horse racing-this charming, Victorian-style Resort hotel is nestled between rolling golf course greens and the shimmering Village Lake. Delight in stately Studios and multi-bedroom Villas, dazzling pools and a spa. You can also explore the fun activities and exciting dining options of the Downtown Disney area, just a boat ride away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and TravelUp so you can book your Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disneys Saratoga Springs Hotel
- Saratoga Springs Disney
- Disney Saratoga Springs Hotel
- Saratoga Springs Resort Florida
- Disneys Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Saratoga Springs Orlando
- Disney Saratoga Springs Resort
- Saratoga Springs Fl
- Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa Orlando, Florida