“Dream holiday come true”

Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Ranked #82 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 30 June 2014

If you have not done a Disney holiday then you must. Expensive yes but so worth it. Disney have everything sorted, amazing resorts/hotels, awesome parks and so well organised.
Saratoga springs was a wonderful location, clean and friendly, home from home, in fact "welcome home" is what any worker will greet you with on your return from a busy day at the parks.
We stayed in a one bed deluxe which was very spacious and had all we needed, 2 TVs so my two kids were happy, big shower, corner jacuzzi bath ( we were so busy it was never used), washing machine, dryer, fridge freezer, oven, microwave and dishwasher.
Room was cleaned regularly, fresh towels and bedding.
We stayed on the ground floor of the springs which was handy and close to pool, 2 jacuzzi's and restaurant.
As we had a car we never used the courtesy buses but they always seemed regular and we never heard any complaints.
Check in was easy, no queuing, same on checking out.
Great pool with slide and entertainment for the kids. Really liked the big screen that appeared by the pool on some nights so we could all watch a film, Disney of course.
Restaurant was good, free refills for coffee and soft drinks for the kids, refills available around the pool was handy to.
Short walk to boat to Downtown Disney.
Overall we had a great holiday, there are cheaper ways to do Disney but the whole experience was top class, Disney bands worked well, fast passes are a must and the dining plan was superb.
If I have the money will definitely do this type of holiday again but will try a different themed resort.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Dickymint68
Write a ReviewReviews (3,797)

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is by far the best Disney accommodation we have stayed at. From the smooth check in after a long flight to exit. We choose to stay 5 nights as this meant we had the free Disney dining package. The site is massive, but if you have a car it doesn't matter anyway, maybe if using Disney transport it does. We stayed in the Paddock area, which is the closest if walking to Downtown. Parking at Downtown a nightmare, especially as they are building a mutli storey carpark. So if staying at SSR it is worth either walking or using the boat. If you are at the other side of the site then there is plenty of parking spaces to park your car closer the walk or boat across to Downtown.
We paid for a studio, but we ungraded to a 1 bed apartment. Fantastic with a young family to have a washer/dryer. The apartment was spotless, I always check!
We are going back next year and I haven't even considered going anywhere else. I want to go home!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Travelalot2328
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My family live staying at Saratoga springs. We choose to stay in a 2 bed villa (group of 5 adults); this allows us plenty of space with the added bonus of 2 bathrooms & a kitchen. It's great to be able to have breakfast in the room before hitting the parks, especially during EMH.

Both the main pools are great fun, both featuring slides and are lifeguarded. During the day resort entertainment provide music, games, quizzes etc at the pool side. The main pools also have bars and over at the paddock they do a great burgers etc. Staying near congress park, we use the quiet pool every day of vacation and one of my favourite views is watching downtown disney come alive at sunset whist enjoying the spa pool.

There is a nice restaurant on site which is worth a visit, but we usually grab a sandwich or flat bread from the artists pallet (QS restaurant) which are incredible!

The location of the resort means it's so easy to walk to Downtown Disney as well as being fairly central for bus transportation to all the parks.

I would definitely recommend this resort; great location, great cast members and most importantly for us still has disney magic in abundance but in a much more subtle way!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Rachel B
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I bet this resort is overlooked as it's not all bright and colourful like the All Star resorts but it should not be underestimated. It is walking distance to Downtown Disney, has a lovely restaurant, golf, shop, lovely pools too. The gardens and grounds are immaculate, they have all usual Disney extras going on like, Movies under the stars, Marshmellow roast etc. There is a games/art room for kids and adults if it's stormy out (although it was managed by a very stern lady!)
The spa was closed for refurb when we stayed so cannot comment on that.
We stayed for 3 weeks in May/June 2013 and would love to stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Angela S
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Very nice room with little kitchenette. Typical disney experience. Easy access. We bought someone's vacation club points. Close to gate and Gets you magic hours. So much to offer that we did not utilize.

Room Tip: If you can't book way in advance, buying someone's vacation club might work for you.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TideFanatic
Reviewed 24 June 2014

So I was fortunate enough to be gifted a timeshare week to this hotel, however upon check-in I noticed that there is dust all over everything. The light bulbs are covered with dust. The light bulbs are all of a different wattage which does not allow for consistent lighting throughout the entire one-bedroom suite. I found that there were dead bugs on top of the refrigerator, there was a few dead moths in the cabinets, and the sheets were stained, clean, however stained.

I have stayed in MANY hotels throughout the world and never saw this upon checking into a hotel. This hotel is not cheap either. They usually rent out a studio for about $359/night. Who would pay to sleep on stained sheets and next to dead bugs? I already complained to the Manager on duty about the dust, bugs, and light bulbs that keep flickering like strobe lights. I called the front dest and asked for engineering to fix the issue, and the issue is still not fixed. My wife also had an issue with the little kids pool area at the Paddock area. She was with our 2 year old and near the slide there is mesh that is supposed to be tied down to large metal anchors. The mesh was not tied down and my wife stepped on the large metal anchor. Now she is bruised on her foot and we cannot go to the parks today. I am hoping that she feels better tomorrow so we can continue out vacation.

I addressed this with the Manager (whose name I will not post since he was so nice at the time) and not only informed him of the lack of cleanliness, however the issue with the pool. What got me so upset is that the lifeguard at the pool did NOTHING to correct the issue and did NOTHING to make sure that my wife who was LIMPING was okay. The manager on duty told me that what the lifeguard did is not what should have happened and he took some information down. He said he would check with me today to see how everything is, and its not so good. I called to follow up and see if they would prove any compensation, however I have yet to receive a call back. I checked into the room on June 20 and will check out on June 27. Yes, I am in the room right now writing this!

Over all this place is quite enjoyable, however this experience is not topping the list. The place is rather older with a microwave turn table that doesn't work. It has a full kitchen with full kitchen sized appliances. The draw back is that you will not have any maid services unless you pay $45 for a full one bedroom cleaning, $25 for a towel and garbage cleaning, etc... It gets pretty pricey. I recommend this place for those who are traveling with kids, however just be careful and do not be afraid to ask them to clean up the room! Would I return to this place, probably YES, however now with my eyes wide open to this experience we will certainly understand how to navigate our way through a little better!

The boat ride to Downtown Disney is a huge PLUS. They also have busses that will take you to the parks, and a little gift shop next to the eatery. Hope this helps some people! Good luck and have a "magical experience".

Room Tip: When checking in, ask if it is close to a pool...try to stay at a pool with a slide for the kids. T...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Howard K
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed just one night this time -- it was hard to leave after just one night. We had a nice studio room on the first floor, near one of the smaller pools. Room was a nice size and bed was very comfortable. Check-in was very easy (even though we forgot to do the online check-in) and the staff at the check-in area were very attentive. Magic Bands were also a nice convenience. One of the best hotel gyms I've been to, as well.

Visited the spa on-site for the first time for a pedicure. The whole experience was great. The relaxation room was so nice and had the best muffins and tea.

Room Tip: If you are not big into walking to get to the main hall, ask to have a room in "The Springs&quo...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple