“I didn't want to leave the hotel!!!!”

Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Ranked #76 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Stamford, Connecticut
“I didn't want to leave the hotel!!!!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Everything was great! We were there for two nights and we had a blast! The hotel is beautiful, my room was beautiful, I mean I can't find words to describe my stay! I'll be back in two yrs! I just love it!

Room Tip: It doesn't matter where you are, everything there is great!!!!!
3 Thank Maria J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,006)
  • Korean first
Johnstown, Colorado
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We had a great time at Saratoga Springs. We initially booked our DVC reservation there because we decided last minute to go to Florida instead of California and this resort was still available. My expectations weren't too high, but I knew it was still Disney.
We loved staying at this hotel for many reasons. We enjoyed the variety of pools to choose from. Even though the resort is spread out, the walks between the pools were nice and peaceful. All the walkways are maintained well and it's easy to find the other pools. We ended up swimming at three different pools and enjoyed them all for different reasons.
We did take others' advice and rented a car. We did this for a few reasons. One: we have two small children and a double BOB stroller. We already experienced once getting both kids out of the stroller and folding the stroller up to get on the many buses. That was tough on my husband. He had to stand for all the bus rides with the stroller by the handicap area of the bus. Some of the bus rides are long and it's not really what he wanted to do after a long day at the park. Two: we always felt rushed to pick up the kids, all their stuff ,backpacks, etc when the bus arrived. If we had a car it was all on our time. Three: the buses take longer - yes, they are free, but you are spending some of your vacation time on a free bus. We LOVED having our own car. When our boys are older and we can go longer at the parks, we won't rent a car, but for this resort, if you have small children - RENT A CAR! I saved money by finding a coupon through the Entertainment coupon book - $75 I saved! A 5 day rental was around $250. Rent from the Disney Car Care Center. They pick you up and will drop you off anywhere on property after you return the car. We still used the Magical Express.
Bus service: We did use the bus service a few times before we had our car. Grandstand is the first pickup, which was nice - we always got a seat. But then it takes a while to actually get going to the park. Grandstand was also the first drop off - nice.
Food: The quick service at Saratoga was nice. It's combined with the gift shop and grocery area. The lobster roll is amazing! Way better than Columbia Harbor House, but both are good.
We stayed in a studio - trying to maximize our points and I would not do that again with a family of 4 (including two young boys). This is the first time we stayed in a studio, so maybe the one and two bedroom rooms spoiled us. But we did get to stay a whole week for around 100 points - great use of points! The room was updated and the small kitchenette was nice. A lifesaver! We did order groceries from Gardengrocer.com - a must in my opinion.
If you are not DVC members, you should check out the DVC preview center that is located on property. If you are a DVC member, you should still check out the preview center. We got to see rooms from Aulani, Grand Floridian, and Kidani (but we already stayed there, so we skipped that one). There's ice cream at the end and free snacks along the way. We were interested in adding on points. Their sales pitch is pretty good there but if you have questions about DVC, they have special computer programs that make it easy to understand. I love our DVC and love the decision to buy!
I would stay here again. I liked this property and we had a great vacation here.

5 Thank Mookie14
Falmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed for one night in a deluxe villa resort. Unlike most rooms, we had a double bed and sofa-bed. The sofa bed was adequate but wouldn't wanted to have spent more than one night on it.
Beautiful balcony with a view of the golf course, lovely pool and surroundings with great proximity to Downtown Disney - no dealing with the terrible traffic!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Anna K
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

As a family of four, with two girls aged 9 and 5, this Disney vacation club property was perfect for our needs on our first trip to Disney. We booked using a 30% off summer deal so the one bedroom villa at Saratoga had a much more reasonable price tag. If it had not been for the discount, the villa would have been entirely too expensive for our ideal budget. However, it is still one of the best deals within the villa category in comparison to other Disney resorts. Our room was in The Carousel area, which was about a ten minute walk from the main building. Have bell services bring you and your luggage to your room on arrival, and don't forget to tip! We were happy to have a king size bed in a separate bedroom, two bathrooms, with the toilet separate and private, as well as a full kitchen, full fridge, and washer dryer tucked away.
Disney supplied everything we needed except dryer sheets. Also, we had to ask for extra blankets because my daughters and I were too cold due to the linens and because my husband loves frigid temps - the thermostat allowed him to control the temp much like home! I am a Jersey girl and love my comforter year round but when I complained to my husband about it, he reminded me that no one in Florida probably uses a comforter. Meanwhile, that whole week it was 95 plus and felt like 70 to 100% humidity!!! Quite oppressive at times actually...
At the resort, they use quality linens, large firm and plentiful pillows, and soft very thin blankets on the beds. The pull out was a queen size in the living area and was made the same way. When we called housekeeping for extra blankets, they warmed them first and then dropped them off soon after, which was very hospitable. On the other hand, be aware that the service staff expect generous gratuity, and we did notice slightly less service as the days went on, as we did not tip daily but at the beginning and end of our stay. For example our daughter noted, "Mom they didn't leave any more Mickey shaped towels!" I guess I will make sure I tip daily next time around, but I think a Mickey shaped towel is in order daily, especially when it is obvious children are staying in the room.
The Artist Palette is the main casual food service building which also has groceries and souvenirs. It was a nice quick stop during busy days. Get the dining plan and you can refill your Disney mug as often as you like- also it saved us hundreds of dollars. The more formal Turf Club has water views while you dine but is very small. The night we happened to go, we were in a rush to get back into the parks, and our server was so incredibly slow and seemed poorly trained, that we left very annoyed. The food was nothing more than ok. We thoroughly enjoyed all other food experiences on Disney grounds.
The resort had beautiful water areas with springs as well as a long crossing bridge for people to get to the main Carriage house faster and easier. By this bridge was our favorite smaller pool - the Paddock pool which also had a small bar and grill which has great food, beer and a few specialty cocktails which was nice. The water slide here is the best at over 140 ft long and there is a kiddie water area adjacent to the pool and slide. They provide safety vests for the kids as well. Children's activities are ran by staff daily at this pool. The main pool was nice too but we rarely went since there seemed to be more people in the water there. An arcade sits adjacent to the main pool.
There is a lot of walking involved on this resort as it is quite large. The grounds here are very calming and relaxing which helps at the end of the day. Disney is great fun but for our family, we crave leisure and relaxation whenever possible. This resort was designed to break you away from the Disney madness.
Saratoga is closest to and right across from downtown Disney - it is only a short ferry ride away. However, we did wait about 20 minutes for the ferry. The shuttles come frequently and there are numerous stations throughout the resort so when traveling to the parks or for reservations/shows/appointments it is crucial to leave early. You may stop at several stations to pick up other resort guests before even leaving for your destination. Also, when traveling within the parks or between parks during the peak season, it is also crucial to leave at least 90 minutes ahead to be on time. Also the buses can get very cool as the Ac is blasting through the summer!
Overall, Saratoga was a delightful stay. We can't wait to go back and are hoping to get another discount on a villa at Saratoga! For larger parties, check out the Treehouses... they look so cool!!! I might worry about bug bites though since they are in the woods... Either way, we recommend any of the villas at Saratoga! A studio would not be preferable if you are on a budget as it seems to be a regular room without the amenities of a villa - for example no washer dryer - and you could find the same kind of room at a much better price in a moderate resort. We are already planning a fall or winter visit when the temps will be cooler and the parks will be less crowded. We can't wait!!

Stayed June 2014
12 Thank Freedom126
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 July 2014

You have to work a little to see the Disney magic, but if you consider the magic is sharing the experience with family then it's there in spades. I tend to see multi generational and larger families at this resort. Not to say it's not for small families, just that's were the magic of this resort lies. The rooms are roomier than most other resorts and layouts for moving around. The amenities are wonderful with 4 pools ranging from a very quiet one to the fabulous High Rock. Lots of activities, good food a golf course winding through.. Very close to Downtown Disney, but a bus ride to every other park and depending on your stop a lengthy ride just through the resort. If they had transporters installed it would be favorite resort. ;-)

4 Thank Steve J
Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My wife stayed here for 5 nights from June 12th-17th and loved it. Prior to our arrival we called and made a room request. We did some good research on where stay. We picked the Paddock and we asked to be on an upper floor, be by the pool and by the bus stop. Disney granted our request. As we got there on the bus using the magical express a Cast member was right there to great us, they already new our name and we got a nice Welcome Home. We did the on-line check in but we still like doing the face to face to make sure everything is going to work and we know where our room is. A bellhop took us to our room because it was raining and he was great telling us about our hotel and the area. We were on the 3rd floor and had a great view of the little pond that was between our hotel and the main house hotel. Our hotel block was right next to the pool and the bus stop at the Paddock. Also with our research we found the paddock was the 3 pick up with a total of 5 pick-ups in the route. Our room was big as it was an older hotel before it was turned into the Saratoga Springs Resort. We would have enough room for a pack and play with the bed pulled out of the couch. We didn’t bring our little girl this time but will next time. We are DVC members and will keep this resort in the back of our minds if we can’t get into one that we want. The bus was never a problem as there was always room for us or we were the only ones on it. The room was clean and fresh; the staff was great on our 4th day the staff cleaned it, as they don’t do that every day for DVC members and they did a great job. Also I had to change my flight home for an earlier time and they staff at the front desk help me out with everything. The pool is great. The larger pool by the main house is great for little kids with the zero entry pool and a better-looking pool with a waterfall and rocks. The pool by the Paddock is great as there is a new splash pad for kids and the slide for the pool is great. There is a zero entry as well at the paddock pool; it is just not as big as the main pool and not enough chairs to go around. The magic plus band worked great all around the resort and all over the whole Disney world Resort. Can’t wait till we go back.

Pros:
- Our request was granted for our room
- Cast members were great and helpful
- Great time of year to go to the parks as the crowds are down.
- Hotel room as big and clean.

Cons:
- ON the last day in the morning my wife had housekeeping stop by 3 times asking when she was going to leave. The first time they stopped by she told them around 10am, as check out is 11:00, I guess they didn’t get a hint.
That is my only Con. I can think of but it was over a month since we went there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Chris A
Suffolk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This is a big hotel resort but if you're travelling to Disney you expect to walk wherever you are! We stayed in the Paddocks area. The pool was perfect for our children ( aged 9 and 4) and the walk to the main building was pleasant and only took 5 mins. Our children loved walking across the bridge and looking at the turtles in the lake so the walk to main building became a treat rather than a chore.There was so much available to do here from movies at night by the pool to poolside activities, games rooms and marshmallow roasting! My only negative - we didn't have time to explore all that the hotel had to offer as the disney parks themselves take up so much of your time. The room itself was a little dated maybe but immaculate and had everything we needed. To be honest we spent so little time there it really didn't matter, it was just a place to sleep after trekking around theme parks! It was nice to have a small kitchen area as we could make tea and coffee and the fridge was ideal to keep cold drinks and snacks in. The beds were comfy, staff, like all Disney cast were incredibly helpful and friendly. I would certainly stay here agin!

Room Tip: The paddocks area is quiet and has a fab pool. Food is available too so not forced to go over to the...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family