Not being a DVC member or someone obsessed with Walt Disney World (yet) we truly did enjoy our stay at Saratoga. I would agree with most of the reviews; overall the hotel was very nice, the rooms being the main reason we chose this hotel. We (family of four) stayed in a One Bedroom Villa that connected to a Studio for my Mom and Sister. Although we would have done a two bedroom villa, there were none available for our time constraints, this actually ended up working out perfectly for our stay.
The set up of the hotel is very nice for the central area, I can understand those complaints of people that stayed in other sections as the property itself is very large and you can be quite far away from the main area. We were booked in the Paddock area, and though a bit aways from the main area we did not find this too inconvenient and the walk was not all that terrible to the main pool.
Given that we were staying on property and did not rent a car we used the transportation (disney buses) the entire stay. Truly we did not find this too inconvenient and the most we waited was about 10 minutes. Again I can understand peoples complaints about the buses, however given the scope and size of Disney World I think they are doing a pretty good job at moving people from hotels to parks. The only downside I can see is that if you would want to eat at a different hotel restaurant you will have to get off one bus and on another which is a bit of a hassle with two young ones but we still did not find it that difficult.
I will agree with most reviews of the restaurants at Saratoga; Artist's Pallette was confusing at first and overall just okay. The turf club was fine, we found the selection a bit lacking and if we were not on the dining plan (highly recommended) this would have been a very pricey sub-standard meal. This to me the one major downside of this property is that the restaurants are not any where close to others at the Disney Property that we visited.
Overall we really did enjoy our stay at Saratoga and everything it had to offer. If you are looking for a Disney Property that let's you get away from the parks and has a bit more space for the money than I would truly consider this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by historic Saratoga Springs-a late-1800s' New York retreat famous for its spas and horse racing-this charming, Victorian-style Resort hotel is nestled between rolling golf course greens and the shimmering Village Lake. Delight in stately Studios and multi-bedroom Villas, dazzling pools and a spa. You can also explore the fun activities and exciting dining options of the Downtown Disney area, just a boat ride away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TravelUp, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disneys Saratoga Springs Hotel
- Saratoga Springs Disney
- Disney Saratoga Springs Hotel
- Saratoga Springs Resort Florida
- Disneys Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Saratoga Springs Orlando
- Disney Saratoga Springs Resort
- Saratoga Springs Fl
- Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa Orlando, Florida