“Peaceful retreat with lovely walks...”

Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Ranked #82 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 11 June 2009

Saratoga Springs was an amazing place as far as my family and I are concerned. There was is all the usual stuff you can expect from a Disney Vacation Club resort with interesting bits thrown in. We stayed in the Springs which is near to the carriage house and check inare and the themed pool. But the walks we had around the outskirts of the resort are what made it for us. Lush greenery with lovely views of the golf courses and the new treehouses and waterways were lovely. I particularly enjoyed the choise of either walking,travelling by bus or boat to Downtown Disney and the food in the Turf Club was particularly nice.
Overall the rroms were exactly as described the facilities were great, staff were cool and the transport and scenery well worth a revisit some time in the future.

3  Thank RotherRiz
Write a ReviewReviews (3,797)

Reviewed 5 June 2009

I too was a bit nervous about our stay at Saratoga after reading some of the reviews. However, as they say at WDW our stay was "Magical". I am to assume that those who wrote negative reviews are never happy with anything. The resort is beautiful. Our 2 bedroom villa that we shared with my sister's family was spacious and full of home comforts such as a 2 full bathrooms, one with a jacuzzi tub, washer/dryer, and a full kitchen which was more than adequate for our needs and a DVD player. I would stay at this resort again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank ACUJNO
Reviewed 1 June 2009

I'm a DVC member but stayed here on a cash reservation to visit some friends in Orlando. I reserved a studio at a great rate and was upgraded to a 1 bedroom villa.

The rooms was decent but really didn't seem to be cleaned well. Upon entering the room there was a stale almost mildewy smell and I noticed the housekeeping hadn't checked the cabinets and the previous tenants had left a cabinet full of food above the refrigerator. The draperies were also somewhat damaged and hanging down off of the rod in the living area.

I would rate this place above the Old Key West resort but below the other deluxe villa resorts like Beach Club or Animal Kingdom lodge. Staff was friendly in the main building (which can be quite a hike depending on where your room is).

If you are staying on a cash (i.e. not a DVC member) you would be better off (IMHO) to book a room in a regular Deluxe Disney hotel like the Wilderness Lodge or Contemporary for the money.

I also noted that they are now not doing nightly housekeeping even if you are on a cash reservation.

There is a fast-food style restaurant but no full service ones - you will need to visit downtown disney (can be a short walk depending on where your room is) for a sit-down meal. Make sure you have reservations before you get to Orlando though!!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2009

This resort was exactly what we were looking for. I have four children ages 11, 10, 7, and 5. They absolutly loved the pool and the room was great. Unfortunatly, while we were at the pool one day, my 10 year old daughter sliced open the bottom of her foot on a sharp tile at the bottom of the pool. Of course I don't blame the resort, accidents happen, especially with children. What happened next is what bothered me. I ran to the bar that was right next to the pool and explained to the bartender what had happened, asking for something to sop up the blood. He directed me to the ladies batheroom, where he informed me I could get some paper towels. (He had napkins and towels right in front of him) After cleaning her up, my husband took her to the front desk to see if they had any bandages and to see if they wanted to write up an incident report. The only thing they offered him was a band aid which was way too small. No one asked what happened, no one asked if she was okay, no one even seemed concerned. I was very surprised. I know how attentive Disney usually is with their customers and this was not what I expected.

Reviewed 27 May 2009

We just returned from a 4 day/3 night stay at Saratoga Springs which was incredibly wonderful, the room was clean, stocked with kitchen supplies, plenty of towels in the room, pillows, soap, even laundry detergent! The pool area also had plenty of clean, fresh towels for us to use after our swim, the kids watched an evening movie by the pool, enjoyed the slide, and had a fantastic time. When I made my reservations directly through Disney, I made a special request for a room in Congress Park (nearest to Downtown Disney), not only did they grant my request, but our room had a beautiful view of Downtown Disney, the lake, everything was absolutely magical. I cannot say anything negative about this resort. I don't understand the bad reviews. The resort is huge, plenty of healthy cardio walking to do welcomed by all means. It was GREAT!!! But... if you are not an active person, perhaps checking into a hospital or rehab during your stay at Walt Disney World is more suitable. With that said, this is a great place to be, worth every cent! We will definitely return.

2  Thank Smac9396
Reviewed 26 May 2009

Don't know what all the negative reviews are all about? Just went for memorial Day weekend and we had a fabulous time. Got upgraded for free to a 1 bedroom. The condo is huge and has everything you can think of. Beds were comfy, room was nice and cold, the jaccuzzi was perfect after a long day and the view from our terrace was amazing. We cannot wait to go back!

1  Thank titinjake
Reviewed 19 May 2009

Before going to Saratoga I was slightly concerned over some of the reviews I had read on here & to be honest was apprehensive. As a DVC member our home resort is Old Key West but due to a booking error, we ended up coming here (didn't bother to change it when got confirmation!).
HOWEVER...most of the negative reviews I feel were unfair & we had a fab time with no complaints (well maybe an iggle or two!) Saratoga itself is one of the newest vacation club resorts & so is very shiny, much more polished the OKW. It is also HUGE so can understand previous comments about buses. We were in The Grandstand which is the first pick up & drop off which was great but it took almost 20minutes to get out of the resort after you've picked everyone else up.
POSITIVES Clean & tidy rooms of a good size, very quiet pool nearby, great balcony view of the golf course (v jealous hubby for two weeks!) lovely staff in general, walking distance to Downtown Disney, very quiet in our area The Grandstand,
NEGATIVES trash not emptied enough (we have a 6 month old baby so nappies in bins for several days!), it didn't happen to us but I could see potential for a long bus wait, room not suitable for older family in my opinion as has a double & a sofa bed (OKW has two double beds) however good for us to have sofa instead of bed!
Overall we had a fab time & would definately go back to Saratoga again...really wnated to put a positive review cos I feel Saratoga has had a bit of a bad rep on here so....there you go!

5  Thank BabyBean08