Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
US$266
US$107
US$91
  • Pool
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$154
Rosen Inn International(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$105
US$526
US$449
US$505
US$428
Agoda.com
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$253
US$213
3,863 results
All reviewscongress parkbedroom villadowntown disneypaddock poolcarriage housemain poolbus stopartist's palettegrandstand areasprings areadvc memberspaddock grilldisney vacation clubfull kitchenold key westcommunity hallmain building
Reviewed 15 August 2009

This was our first trip to disney as a family. I had gone when I was a kid but haven't been back since then & my children (8 & 9) had never gone. The hotel was an ok size, clean, had everything it said it would, housekeeping was wonderful, we didn't use them but they always made sure we had clean towels, soap, dishsoap ect outside our door, the pool was close & the main pool & restaraunt was a little bit of a walk, but not a big deal, i got a pedicure @ the spa & they were wonderful, loved the gym (which is open 24 hrs), food not a big selection but ok & the view from our room was great, we could see pretty much all of downtown disney but...... the service @ the front desk i was not impressed with, they were not @ all helpful.
I would call or go down to ask a question & they would either not know the answer or give us the wrong answer. I had asked them if planet hollywood accepted the dining plan, they looked on a list & said no, well come to find out they did, i had spent about $90 when i didn't need to!
I had bought beer/wine & cigars from the gift shop with no problem, well one day i went to buy cigars & the woman id'd me, which is great, but wouldn't accept my license because she had never seen that kind of license before, ok well thats fine. So i went to the front desk & explained to them that i had bought these types of things before with no problem, can i speak to someone that could help me, well they told me there is nothing they could do. So i went back to the little store & asked nicely to speak to the manager & he was very, very rude to me. As soon as he came over to me he was very defensive & talked to me like i was stupid. So i just explained what had happened, told him i understand that she could lose her job thats why i wanted to speak to him. Well he continued to be rude. I am 34 yrs old, i had the license the DMV gave me, it's not my fault they had never seen one & most of all they had no reason @ all to be rude because i certainly wasn't.
Overall the place is ok, we had a great vacation, the little things don't tend to bother me, but i wouldn't spend my money @ that resort again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank NhLala34
Reviewed 13 August 2009

Our extended family really enjoyed our 5 nights stay in Saratoga Springs' new Treehouse Villas. I have previously stayed at the Dolphin and Polynesian.

The Treehouse was great of our group of 7, consisting of:
2 adults, one child (age 5) - master bedroom and pull out chair just outside master
2 adults, one child (age 3) - second bedroom and sleeping bag on floor
1 adult - bunk bed room

All adults are in their mid-late 30s.

We chose the Treehouses so each adult group could have their own bedroom. The Treehouses are the same price as the 2 bedroom villas at Saratoga and significantly less expensive than the 3 bedroom grand villas at Saratoga or anywhere else at Disney.

We stayed in Villa 7031. I highly recommend this area of the property. The south bus stop was at the end of our walkway; convenient and not noisy. The walkway to the main section of Saratoga Springs, and the Treehouse pool, were only a few feet away. The boat, which stops at the dock at Saratoga Springs and Downtown Disney, was a very short walk. The deck featured some views of the waterway but faced internally on the lovely property (toward the road). We did not have a car, but the parking space was just down short walk to our Treehouse. The master bedroom overlooked the waterway and the 18th green of Lake Buena Vista Golf Course.

If it was raining outside, or if we were freshly showered and ready for a nice dinner at WDW, we took the Treehouse bus to the Springs bus stop (next to the main pool). At the Springs bus stop, which is the last stop on the regular bus loop, we would transfer to the appropriate theme park bus. Otherwise, we took a short walk from the Treehouses to the Grandstand section and grabbed the bus there (the first stop on the regular bus loop).

The master bedroom and bath are very spacious. The second bedroom (queen) and third (bunkbeds) were much smaller, but fine for our group. A pack-n-play is also available but we did not use it. The bathrooms were gorgeous. The master featured a separate toilet area, glass enclosed shower and adjacent jetted tub. The main bathroom was more traditional, with a sink, bath/shower and toilet in one room.

Having a full kitchen, washer/dryer, dining and living areas was fantastic for us. Kids - and adults! - could nap or hit the small pool (very relaxing; no food/beverage area) during the midday heat. The kids enjoyed coloring on the deck's table, playing with bubbles, etc. We also ate breakfast and snacks daily at the Treehouse, but could have easily made and served dinner her nightly if we had chosen to do so. Multiple flat screens, in the living room and each bedroom, and a DVD in the living room were a bonus. Internet is only available in the master bedroom and a daily fee of I believe $10 is charged.

Because we are not vacation club members, and paid the value hotel rate, we received daily housekeeping services.

There were very few insects, despite our location in the wetland/trees and next to the waterway. I'm not sure what is being sprayed here, and I probably don't want to know, but it was effective.

On the main section of Saratoga Springs, we enjoyed the large pool - great slides for the kids, splash area, zero entry section and food/bar area. We enjoyed counter service meals at the Artist's Palette on a few occasions and two members of our group played golf on the Lake Buena Vista course.

We debated about bringing strollers since neither parent groups use them much now, but we were very glad we had them for walking around the resort's large grounds and WDW in general.

If you're looking for some exercise and to see another resort, you can walk from Saratoga Springs to Old Key West.

I loved the Treehouses because they provided a relaxing refuge in the middle of WDW. I would absolutely recommend them unless you a) like to walk out of your door and be in a theme park within a few short minutes or b) wouldn’t take advance of a mid-day rest and would rather stay in a park all day.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
6  Thank MomTravels
Reviewed 11 August 2009

We have discovered a new standard in accommodation! Obviously, you expect Disney to do things well, but we found this to be exactly what we needed.

We stayed in Room 1627 (a 2 bedroom Villa) in the Congress Park section of the hotel. We requested this section in our online booking and were pleased to find that they were able to accommodate it. We chose this section of the resort because it was possible to walk to Downtown Disney from there (although the shuttle bus stops right out the front of each section - which is more convenient).

The Villa itself had one bedroom with a King bed and ensuite (with spa) and the other room had two Queen beds and ensuite. Between the two rooms is the lounge area, a fully equipped kitchen & a laundry cupboard (washer and dryer). It truly is a home away from home.

If you are thinking of stocking the fridge to make your own meals, head off Disney property to nearby supermarkets/grocery stores - they are much cheaper and have a greater choice.

As far as the hotel facilities, the pool area always seemed busy - not my personal interest, but it seemed safe and the waterslide looked like a lot of fun. We didn't check out the spa, but it is centrally located, near the pool.

Dining - there is the Quick Service option which is simple but very good and the Turf Club Bar and Grill Restaurant was really lovely. That being said, with so many options across Walt Disney World (Liberty Tree Tavern and Hollywood & Vine can be recommended!) you may not eat at the hotel very often.

As always, Disney accommodation is lovely (we'd previously stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside) but Saratoga Springs gives you the option to be more self-sufficient.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank InfrequentFlyer22
Reviewed 5 August 2009

We stayed in a Treehouse Villa at Saratoga Springs at Disney World. The rooms were very nice. Everything was recently remodeled. There was plenty of space even though we had 7 people. Very nice bathroom with whirlpool tub in the master. Nice to be in the woods after a long day at Disney. Nice to have a quite pool nearby. Transportation took a little extra time. Due to being in the treehouse, we had to take 1 extra bus. It took about 30-40 minutes from the treehouse to the Magic Kingdom.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2009

This is our Disney Vacation Club home resort. We love it!

It is Disney at their best from the pool to the huge rooms to the full service Spa. All the high-end disney hotel activities and what you want is here. The plus to this hotel is the water shuttle/boat to Downtown Disney (located across a lake).

Only one negative. THIS PLACE IS HUGE!!! If you are far from the main house/ pool you will be in for a walk. That can be a big minus at Walt Disney World due to the amount of walking you will do. There is bus transportation and 5 smaller pools closer to the rooms. Disney never lets you down...

One of the most beautiful resorts at Walt Disney World!

You must stay at a disney resort if you are going to Walt Disney World! YOU WILL LOVE IT!!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with friends