“Excellent”

Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Ranked #78 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 27 August 2009

We have just returned from Orlando .
We stayed at Disneys Saratoga springs in a one bedroom villa. we have stayed on Disney in the past and thought it was OK but Saratoga springs is special, very clean,safe and the staff could not be better.
This is by far the best place i have stayed in orlando.
Saratoga springs is a large area which is split into smaller areas , we stayed in Congress park which was across the lake from downtown disney.
if you are a keen golfer you could stop at the Grandstand which is set within a fantastic golf course.
when we go back to orlando we will be staying at Saratoga springs again.

Reviewed 26 August 2009

From the evening me and my dughters arrived until the moment we left, I was totally impressed by the service. The enjoyable part was that this hotel was enjoyable for the young to the young at heart. With Downtown Disney being only a short walk away, though you can take advantage of the free shuttle or boat service, there was so much to do and see. Pleasure Island appeals to the adult crowd and has an abundance of things to do. The Cirque du Soleil permanent attraction, Bongos Restaurant (cuban fare) and the shopping district made for a well rounded entertainment experience. The hotel itself sits on a quiet area with golf not too far away, actually across the road! The view is nice from any of the rooms, from what I could see. I had a 1 bedroom villa that was plenty enough room for myself and four girls. The oldest ones (15 and 19) shared the full sized sofabed while myself and 4 and 9 year old daughters shared the queen bed. The shower area is wonderful, the jacuzzi tub was wonderul, which was a surprise and provided much relief after a long day of walking. The pool area was very clean, well staffed and had plenty of seating for those of us just wanting to relax. I recommend getting groceries from the "Artist's Palette" as it may get expensive eating out daily and a small meal prepared is nothing compared to the wonderful time you will be having. The Papa John's offers delivery and they were scrumptious! Of course there is DisneyWorld and other theme park attractions nearby to keep everyone busy. My youngest had their first trip to DisneyWorld and are still over the moon! There is not much more to say about this hotel without sounding biased. Oh, the staff is international and I met so many people from around the globe as well as a young man from my hometown! The staff is really commited to giving excellent customer service and the Disney reputation is safe with them! I wish I could've stayed longer but plan on going to the resort area for many years to come.

1  Thank nursemommy4
Reviewed 22 August 2009

We stayed here in July for 7 nights and just adored it. Having previously stayed at Disney's Port Orleans resort which was also great, we decided to upgrade. The four of us, 2 adults and 2 teenagers, stayed in a studio room mainly due to the cost. The room was surprisingly comfortable, clean and more than sufficient for our needs. The foldout sofabed was very comfy and there were nooks within the room to nest our ever expanding pile of suitcases. The pool area was very High School Musical 2 with movies and lifeguards, and the laundry facilities were great. As mentioned in other reviews, the foodcourt was a little restricted in variety but what they had was delicious. We just wished we had more time to spend within the resort rather than at the parks. We will return one day, would go back in a heartbeat. Stop searching and just go!!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank gangaroos
Reviewed 21 August 2009

If you like to be in an island in the middle of a resort then this is the perfect spot for YOU. Not only are the staff horrible and ineffectual they also lie. When we asked if restaurants would deliver food straight to our rooms the front desk they flat out lied and said that we must be at the lobby to pick up any deliveries. This would not be bad if we were at a typical hotel but when you have to resort to hitchhiking to get to the lobby :), this posed a huge problem. We then moved to the Animal Kingdom lodge it was way different , Animal Kingdom = class, Saratoga = [--]. If you have to stay here I hope you are in shape and brought lots of food with you to the hotel.

2  Thank leeyixiu2
Reviewed 17 August 2009

The rooms were spacious. We loved the kitchen and laundry facilities. We stayed in the Grandstand section, and were close to the main pool and restaurants, as well as the quiet pool and bus stop. Our balcony overlooked a golf course, and we sat out there every night. Loved it!!

1  Thank CherieMek
Reviewed 16 August 2009

This is a beautiful resort, but so huge as to be totally inconvenient. We stayed in a 2-bedroom villa at Saratoga Springs because we received a free stay here when we joined the Disney Vacation Club at a different resort. I would not recommend this property unless you have a car and intend to cook in the unit. Saratoga Springs is just huge. Our unit was probably about half a mile from the main building with the restaurants, shops and main pool. This would have been ok if we had intended to cook our own meals in the unit, butwere intending on cooking in the unit, but since we were on the Disney Dining Plan, we had to drive down for breakfast, soda, or a snack. This was very inconvenient. If we did not have our car with us we would have had to take a Disney Bus (!) to get to the main building. This does not make for a very relaxing vacation in my mind. Another consequence of the hugeness of Saratoga Springs is that the Disney Bus must stop at five bus stops before it even leaves the resort. It takes forever to get to the parks. For these reasons alone, I would not choose to stay here again.
Another negative was the concierge staff. Some of them were very inexperienced. When we arrived I tried to get them to print out my tickets to Spirit of Aloha, a dinner show at the Polynesian . Using the meal plan, you reserve the show in advance and the concierge at the resort is supposed to print out the tickets, deducting meal credits from your account. .It seemed the concierge did not want to do this, she talked me out of it, saying it was too far in advance. When I went back the morning of the show, they did not know how to issue the tickets. They deducted the credits from the meal plan, but when we got to the show, they showed it was unpaid and had to deduct more credits. Luckily, the cast member at the Polynesian was able to fix things, but we were late for the show.
On the positive side, the main pool with the slide was very fun and had great activities for the kids. There was a nice game room and kids club. The Turf Club, the resort's full service restaurant, was very good. The Artist's Palate, the food court, had good food but a very limited selection. The unit we stayed in was very lovely and clean. However, it had minor plumbing problems. A toilet stopped flushing on day and the air conditioner leaked water onto the carpet of the entry way. These issues were addressed immediately so they did not become problems. Another issue was that the high speed internet did not work.
I liked Saratoga Springs, but not enough to overcome my annoyance at how inconvenient it was.

1  Thank crazywith3kids
Reviewed 15 August 2009

I loved everything about the resort except the extreme unhelpfulness of the front desk staff. The three who I encountered really made it seem like I was bothering them by doing simple things...like checking in! Like asking basic questions! It's too bad that they're Disney's first impression of this resort. Otherwise it was really nice, with great rooms (1 BR villa for us), nice pools and beautifully landscaped grounds, not to mention a great golf course onsite with great staff. The resort is huge, however, so it is best enjoyed by people who like to walk. Definitely go, but good luck with the front desk!

P.S. The housekeeping staff never emptied our trash. We should have had 1 maid visit during the week (on Vacation Club rate). We just took it out ourselves but it would have been nice if they did it.

2  Thank Hawaii_traveler200