“Great Restaurant, But Expensive”
Review of Cedars Restaurant

Cedars Restaurant
Ranked #378 of 4,079 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Food was awesome and the decoir is genuine Mideastern. Service was good. On Saturday night, there is a crowd overflowing outside all with eager faces trying to get into this paradise. Suggest making a reservation ahead of time.

Only one caveat: food is expensive and the portions served are less than generous.

1  Thank nycguy141

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We have never been disappointed going to dinner at Cedars. Last night was a celebration for us and the food was outstanding. We started with the Hummus with meat and it was just so smooth. I grew up eating raw Kibbeh only on special occasions but theirs I can eat anytime; it was so lean and had just the right amount of bulgar.. The Baked Kibbe was as my Tita (grandmother) made and the mixed grill was tender and seasoned perfectly. Close my eyes and I was sitting at our dining room table as a child. Friday night included entertainment and the lovely belly dancer topped it off. The staff was attentive but not overbearing. Wether a local or a visitor, Cedars is the place to go.

1  Thank valump78
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The Cedars felt like a place where you go not just for Lebanese chow, but also to be with friends and, if you're lucky, to enjoy the live music they offer regularly. I went for dinner on Saturday, fairly late -- around 1030pm. No problem getting seated quickly inside. Service was punctual and efficient. I ordered the makanek (a sort of marinated sausage) to start with, and for an entree, the baked kibbeh. Both were tasty; the kibbeh, even though it looked like a modest portion, was surprisingly filling.
During dinner, I realized the music was from a live band in the crowded outside seating area (the waitress said they played on Wednesdays and on Saturdays). I could hear the pieces clearly inside and enjoyed the energy of the band as I dined, while the patrons without were dancing in a line between the tables out on the patio. I considered staying and nursing the iced tea until closing, just so I could listen to the music. I'd certainly like to return and try more of the items on their menu. Maybe next time I'll sit outside too (though it can be pretty loud out there).
Appetizer, entree and iced tea came to about $30, before tip. Located on the south side of W Sand Lake Rd, at the Dr. Philips Blvd intersection.

1  Thank kay-cee-1138
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We've always had a wonderful experience at Cedar's. This weekend we went to celebrate my husband's birthday. The food was outstanding. The service was great. They made a special plate with two desserts and a candle so we could make a birthday fuss. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Must enjoy or willing to try ethnic food.
Portions of food was plentiful.
Atmosphere was nice, Tables fill quickly on a Saturday night.
One must enjoy spices, if you are not use to this type of fare.