“Needs more customers! SO GOOD”

Thai Silk Restaurant
Ranked #736 of 3,863 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Authentic Thai Restaurant locates at the corner of International Drive and Kirkman Rd. next to Universal Studios, Outlet Mall, Wet and Wild, and Fun Spot
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I'm afraid this place will close if they dont get more customers. Its located in a little shopping plaza but they have such authentic Thai food. I've been to thailand and this place's flavors are very good. I've also had some awful fried ice cream, this place makes it GOOD. Im allergic to shrimp so I asked for them to replace my curry with scallops instead of the shrimp. They did it and no extra charge. Thai tea is very too.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We wanted some late night takeout after leaving the parks, and wanted asian. Found Thai Silk on tripadvisor, and gave it a whirl. We ordered a variety of dishes over the phone and picked it up in 20 minutes. The only thing that was fried was the crab rangoon, and it was crispy rather than greasy. Good flavor. The pad thai which is always a craps shoot, was probably the best that I've had outside of the Pacific, but the drunken noodle (with beef) was awesome. Really good flavor. The heat on the dishes was pretty accurate, except for the papaya salad. I ordered it mild so that the kids could eat it, and it came more like medium/hot. It's unclear whether that is a characteristic of the salad, or if they screwed that up.

The prices were really good, and the while the exterior looks strip mall-ish, the interior is really nice.

1  Thank TimStephSlater
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Eight of us tried Thai Silk Restaurant the other night and while the food was very good, the service was lacking and very up and down.

We actually had expected a few more in our group for 7 PM and the server asked if we were still waiting on them to which someone replied " we'll give them a few more minutes' and we were told "OK, I'll start with your drinks" and then she disappeared and didn't come back for at least 15 minutes - it seemed as though she was the hostess as well as every time the phone rang or someone walked in she stopped walking toward us and handled that issue.

She finally came over and took out drink orders ( all soft drinks); additionally we all asked for water....15 minutes later the water made it to the table, but nothing else...then one of the two iced teas and then finally the sodas and then the second iced tea and then we had to ask for Thai Iced Tea....over a period of 10 minutes...

She then returned for our orders and asked if we wanted to order appetizers and we told her were were ready to order everything. Some people's Spring Rolls came out and we were nearly finished those by the time other people's dumplings and soup came out...quickly followed by our entrees.

The Spring Rolls were crisp and tasty, not greasy; three in an order, each cut in half. They were a nice sized portion for the price.

My partner chose the Drunken Noodles with Chicken (Stir-fried WIDE rice noodle with egg, onion, bell pepper and basil) they were ordered hot (vs. Mild, Medium or Thai Hot) - they were OK, the noodles were tender and the portion was good sized; they were just kind of bland and not very spicy.

I opted for the Green Curry with Chicken (Bamboo shoot, bell pepper, green bean, green pea, eggplant, basil in coconut milk and SPICY green curry paste). Mine was very good, there were lots of green beans and eggplant; both were nicely cooked and not mushy. I ordered it That Hot and originally didn't think it was spicy at all, but the heat grew slightly and it was really flavorful and a nice dish.

Others tried the Volcano Chicken(Marinated half chicken in Thai special sauce, roasted and served on sizzling plate) which was very good and served with rice but lacking vegetables, Pad Thai, Under the Sea (Jumbo shrimp, calamari, mussel and scallop cooked in the pot with Thai herbs served with SPICY seafood dipping sauce on side) which were both very good.

Food came out rather scattered and our server didn't actually bring the food so the server never really knew who got what.

Overall the food was very good, tasty, fresh and a good value - the services was rather random and a little slow...not horrid, but considering how empty the restaurant was, took longer than it should have.

There are too many other options with good service to go out of our way to go back.

1  Thank Mark K
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Be aware restaurant shuts at 10. Great food, thai green curry v tasty, good beer in cold glass. Recommend this restaurant completely

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I was fed up of eating burgers and chips and found this hidden gem! I love Thai food and it met my expectations! A healthy alternative to fast food!