“Very overpriced for average food (quality & qty) bad service”

Dakshin Indian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Dakshin Indian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,410 of 4,157 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: US$9 - US$27
Cuisines: Indian, Healthy
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Lake Buena Vista
Description: First of its kind in Orlando, India's innovative cuisine, the very name 'Dakshin' evokes opulence in taste and decor. Dakshin introduces you to a cuisine from the southern part of India stretching from the rugged coastlines of Tamil Nadu and Kerala to the sun-drenched beaches of Goa and Mumbai on India's western coast. As spectacular and surprising as the country sides are, so are the cuisines of its many communities, which were confined by and large to family kitchens, until Dakshin, the restaurant, captured and showcased them. Created from a wealth of local spices, red chillies, coconut, pepper and spices of the coast, the cuisines of the Tamilians of Tamil Nadu, the Malayalees of Kerala, the Bunts of Mangalore, the Portuguese of Goa and the East Indians of Mumbai, are a delight to the taste buds.
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I went to this restaurant during my visit to Orlando. I found this restaurant to be way over priced. Probably one of the most expensive indian restaurant I have been to. Check out their menu before you come. (Don't forget they automatically add gratuity! - not mentioned in the menu)
This restaurant is very conveniently located right outside of Disney resort. (Probably the reason for being so overpriced)
There are other restaurants next door (Fridays etc) Might be worth checking elsewhere before you come.
Quality of food was average. I have had better tasting indian food elsewhere for less than half the price.
Dishes only serves one at most.
Lastly, they automatically charge gratuity! (Personally I hate when they do this, I usually tip more based on the service I receive) So paying whatever % they choose on top of the way overpriced food is not worth it.

5  Thank Gorkhe T

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Although this review is dated January 2014, I ate here in May 2012, and my review pertains to that that visit. I was in town on business and one of my colleagues took me for dinner here. I must admit I remember not being all that impressed with the look of the outside of the building nor the decor inside.

The food however was superior. Really tasty curry. I had such a great meal that I brought three colleagues out for dinner here three nights later.

I would say it was fairly priced. I certainly intend to eat here again when I am next in Orlando.

1  Thank Le_Scribe
Reviewed 21 January 2014

nice dinner and very good staffs with excellent and homely indian food. Surely will be back soon for a party

2  Thank SairamPg
Reviewed 11 January 2014

If you are fed-up of eating junk food and looking for some Indian food, you must visit this restaurant. Be it south Indian idli, dosa or north Indian Paratha and chicken tikka masala, you will love the food. Staff is very friendly and informative. It is located at central place where there are many other restaurants and supremarket.

3  Thank kamathrk
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I am not a huge fan of Indian food, but this place was amazing.The food was distinct, flavored rather than hot n spicy.Lovely atmosphere, will go back again soon!

3  Thank LeoAug