“Authentic & Delish!!”

Dakshin Indian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Dakshin Indian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,241 of 3,808 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: US$9 - US$27
Cuisines: Indian, Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Lake Buena Vista
Description: First of its kind in Orlando, India's innovative cuisine, the very name 'Dakshin' evokes opulence in taste and decor. Dakshin introduces you to a cuisine from the southern part of India stretching from the rugged coastlines of Tamil Nadu and Kerala to the sun-drenched beaches of Goa and Mumbai on India's western coast. As spectacular and surprising as the country sides are, so are the cuisines of its many communities, which were confined by and large to family kitchens, until Dakshin, the restaurant, captured and showcased them. Created from a wealth of local spices, red chillies, coconut, pepper and spices of the coast, the cuisines of the Tamilians of Tamil Nadu, the Malayalees of Kerala, the Bunts of Mangalore, the Portuguese of Goa and the East Indians of Mumbai, are a delight to the taste buds.
“Authentic & Delish!!”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

After staying in the World Center Marriott for a week working, I was getting pretty fed up of eating whatever was at hand. The Dakshin Indian cuisine was an excellent find!This is the second time i am dining in Dakshin.

From the moment me and my friend walked in, we received a warm welcome from the Dakshin staff.The atmosphere seemed very relaxed and comfortable.The decor was amazing as well.

My friend has a super picky gluten-free dairy free diet with a bunch of other interesting little restrictions. The server was able to guide us both to pick good food that filled both of our bellies. The lamb masala was amazing!It was a wonderful experience as the food was exceptional.

The only gripe I have is more core ingredients (meat, veg) would not go astray, and would justify the price. I will definitely go back to Dakshin again during my next visit to Orlando.

• Visited February 2014

• Arabic first
“Fantastic INDIAN restaurant”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I went to Dakshin for my wedding anniversary with my family, Nice Indian restaurant and it didn't disappoint me, the food tasted magnificent (especially the lamb biryani and chicken saagwala!), service was good. the food quality is very good, so its worth for every dollar so this is the place to go if you want to get great food. Overall it’s a excellent restaurant, look forward to visit again with my friends.

1 Thank sam s
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Very overpriced for average food (quality & qty) bad service”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I went to this restaurant during my visit to Orlando. I found this restaurant to be way over priced. Probably one of the most expensive indian restaurant I have been to. Check out their menu before you come. (Don't forget they automatically add gratuity! - not mentioned in the menu)
This restaurant is very conveniently located right outside of Disney resort. (Probably the reason for being so overpriced)
There are other restaurants next door (Fridays etc) Might be worth checking elsewhere before you come.
Quality of food was average. I have had better tasting indian food elsewhere for less than half the price.
Dishes only serves one at most.
Lastly, they automatically charge gratuity! (Personally I hate when they do this, I usually tip more based on the service I receive) So paying whatever % they choose on top of the way overpriced food is not worth it.

• Visited February 2014
5 Thank Gorkhe T
London
“Really Tasty Food”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Although this review is dated January 2014, I ate here in May 2012, and my review pertains to that that visit. I was in town on business and one of my colleagues took me for dinner here. I must admit I remember not being all that impressed with the look of the outside of the building nor the decor inside.

The food however was superior. Really tasty curry. I had such a great meal that I brought three colleagues out for dinner here three nights later.

I would say it was fairly priced. I certainly intend to eat here again when I am next in Orlando.

1 Thank Le_Scribe
“have a nice dinner”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

nice dinner and very good staffs with excellent and homely indian food. Surely will be back soon for a party

2 Thank SairamPg