“Take out”

Dakshin Indian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Dakshin Indian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,292 of 3,862 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: US$9 - US$27
Cuisines: Indian, Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Lake Buena Vista
Description: First of its kind in Orlando, India's innovative cuisine, the very name 'Dakshin' evokes opulence in taste and decor. Dakshin introduces you to a cuisine from the southern part of India stretching from the rugged coastlines of Tamil Nadu and Kerala to the sun-drenched beaches of Goa and Mumbai on India's western coast. As spectacular and surprising as the country sides are, so are the cuisines of its many communities, which were confined by and large to family kitchens, until Dakshin, the restaurant, captured and showcased them. Created from a wealth of local spices, red chillies, coconut, pepper and spices of the coast, the cuisines of the Tamilians of Tamil Nadu, the Malayalees of Kerala, the Bunts of Mangalore, the Portuguese of Goa and the East Indians of Mumbai, are a delight to the taste buds.
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We were visiting from Atlanta and wanted to have some good Indian food. Dakshin showed up on our GPS. We ordered Chicken Biriyani, Chicken chettinad, roti, puri and curd rice. We were unsatisfied with the chicken dishes. Biriyani was sub standard and so was the chicken chettinad. The chicken pieces were hard. Biriyani is supposed to have soft chicken not chicken you cannot even cut with a knife. The same goes for the chicken in the chettinad. The only saving grace was the curd rice and the roti. We also ordered puris and got 2 puris with no side dish to go with. Thoroughly disappointing and will not go there again. The dishes were also expensive. Biriyani and the chicken chettinad costs 18 dolars.each.

3  Thank ambivalent2014

Reviewed 20 February 2014

As a curry lover I was a bit sceptical of the neon flashy signs outside advertising indian cuisine ,,however the food is more important than than surroundings.
Food was fantastic ,,,can be as mild or spicy as requested,,,not swimming in oil...freshly cooked,,,,best bottle of New Zealand Sauvignon blanc I've had here in 2 weeks of suppose fine dining,,,friendly and helpful staff...,,,also in reference to other reviews on cost of meal ....the quality does reflect in the cost ,,,if you want large amounts of tasteless cheap food go somewhere else.

2  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed 9 February 2014

After staying in the World Center Marriott for a week working, I was getting pretty fed up of eating whatever was at hand. The Dakshin Indian cuisine was an excellent find!This is the second time i am dining in Dakshin.

From the moment me and my friend walked in, we received a warm welcome from the Dakshin staff.The atmosphere seemed very relaxed and comfortable.The decor was amazing as well.

My friend has a super picky gluten-free dairy free diet with a bunch of other interesting little restrictions. The server was able to guide us both to pick good food that filled both of our bellies. The lamb masala was amazing!It was a wonderful experience as the food was exceptional.

The only gripe I have is more core ingredients (meat, veg) would not go astray, and would justify the price. I will definitely go back to Dakshin again during my next visit to Orlando.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

I went to Dakshin for my wedding anniversary with my family, Nice Indian restaurant and it didn't disappoint me, the food tasted magnificent (especially the lamb biryani and chicken saagwala!), service was good. the food quality is very good, so its worth for every dollar so this is the place to go if you want to get great food. Overall it’s a excellent restaurant, look forward to visit again with my friends.

1  Thank sam s
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I went to this restaurant during my visit to Orlando. I found this restaurant to be way over priced. Probably one of the most expensive indian restaurant I have been to. Check out their menu before you come. (Don't forget they automatically add gratuity! - not mentioned in the menu)
This restaurant is very conveniently located right outside of Disney resort. (Probably the reason for being so overpriced)
There are other restaurants next door (Fridays etc) Might be worth checking elsewhere before you come.
Quality of food was average. I have had better tasting indian food elsewhere for less than half the price.
Dishes only serves one at most.
Lastly, they automatically charge gratuity! (Personally I hate when they do this, I usually tip more based on the service I receive) So paying whatever % they choose on top of the way overpriced food is not worth it.

5  Thank Gorkhe T