“Lovely stay at this off the beaten path paradise”

Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
Ranked #86 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I wanted to say this 6 day stay in Florida over Halloween week was quite a treat. The property is secluded off a windy road from the main Buena Vista Rd that takes you to the theme parks. Lovely property with 6 towers surrounding a serene lake with a fountain. Pool areas are great, you can take you pick of 5 different pools with different themes.

The room was very spacious and beautiful. Kitchen area was nice, but never utilized that part of the room. Coming back to the room after a long day of walking the sights and sounds of the area was always a treat. The jacuzzi tub helped me unwind and relax.

I was surprised there was no maid service here, but after reading the reviews I do see this is more of a Time Share property vs. hotel. That was A-okay with me though as I got a good package deal. For what I paid this property was wonderful and I would return again in a heartbeat. Also if the Time Share part of the stay sounds intimidating, just do what I did and ask the front desk at check to put you on a "Do not solicit" list for Time Shares at Bonnet Creek. They gladly obliged and I heard nothing from anyone about attending a time share meeting etc the whole stay there.

Would highly recommend to either families or couples / friends traveling together. Great stay all around!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank UsnAmongUs
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We appreciate your kind words. We are glad you enjoyed the unit space and accommodations. In regards to housekeeping, our goal is to make each guest feel at home with a kitchen and laundry. Because we have condo-style resorts, certain hotel amenities such as daily housekeeping do not exist. We apologize for any confusion and will work to better communicate this through additional channels in the future. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Wonderful amenities, beautiful outdoor activities, fun for the kids, planned things to do every day, what more can you ask for? I can go here every year effortlessly. This is one place that truly has it all. The rooms by the lazy river is where I stay every time, the area by the shipwreck waterpark is a good spot as well.

Room Tip: by the lazy river is best
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Martin H

Hi Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We appreciate your kind words. We are glad you enjoyed the resort amenities and onsite activities for the family. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I have just returned after spending the weekend at the Wyndham resort and wanted to write the review right away because it was such a great experience. My wife and myself have stayed at different resorts in the Orlando area including the Hilton Bonnet Creek Resort just across the street from the Wyndham but even though the Hilton is more of a grand Hotel it is just that, big and more set up for conventions than anything else. The Wyndham on the other hand is smaller, beautiful and more family oriented. The resort is very well maintain, the rooms are clean and of good size, you will hardly listen to any noise from the outside. But what really stood out was the service it was just great! specially the lady at the reception, her last name was Foo, she smile the whole time and after learning that it was our wedding anniversary she gave us a room on the top floor with the most amazing view. We unpacked and spent the afternoon at the pool, upon returning to our room there was a tray with fancy chocolates and a note from the hotel staff sign by all of them (or at least part of them) congratulating us on our special date. Do stay at this hotel if you like being pampered. P.S. self park is $15 and there's a resort fee of $16.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank juanca123
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We appreciate your kind words and will share them with our staff. We are glad you chose to stay with us during your wedding anniversary. It’s great to hear you were accommodated with a wonderful view. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed for a week in an one bedroom overlooking the lake. Very comfortable, clean and welcoming. We liked visiting the different pool areas and got a cabana one day at the pool with the pirate ship slide. The kids liked the lazy river and little kids splash area. We definitely recommend the cabana. Loved having a "home base" with shade and a place for the kids to take a break from the sun. Your own fridge (bring snacks and drinks from the room) and TV. The only thing I wished they had was food/drink service. We had to walk over to the next pool area to get take-out for lunch, not a big deal though. Cute little putt-putt on property too. At all of the different pool areas, I never felt like it was crowded. I liked this property because of the location as well. You can take the shuttle (small fee) to the parks or drive a short way. We'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback including some helpful information for future guests. We are so glad you enjoyed the unit accommodations and property location. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

The property and the rooms were wonderful, we stayed in a 2 bedroom suite, the King bed room was very nice, with a jetted tub, and a sink and vanity, then attached was an over sized walk-in shower with a toilet and the washer dryer in the closet. My girls had a separate bedroom with 2 full size beds and their own bathroom, full size kitchen and nice living area too. We were able to check in super early, around 10:00 am. Had to go to a separate desk after check-in to receive my parking pass, where we were pitched a tour and morning breakfast for a gift of some sort, politely explained that we are DVC owners and just wanted to experience something different.

I will not knit pick the room, which had some wear, the issue I have is service. Since we were not staying on property this trip, we rented a car, My wife and oldest were going to Universals Night of Terror while my youngest and I were attending the Mickey's not so scary Halloween party so we needed a cab to take us to the magic kingdom, since this is a special event, they have no shuttle service for it. I called the front desk who connected me to the concierge, I explained the situation and asked for the concierge, "to help arrange a cab for me". I was given a cab company number, I felt like I was at Home Depot looking for an item I needed and the person I asked to help find the item told me it was in aisle 14 instead of walking me to the item and putting it in my hand.

The much larger issue was the dvd player in the room, I called down to explain the dvd player made strange sounds and spit out the dvd after a few minutes on 10/31 at 7:30 pm. We had other family members in a different tower and room and had invited them over to watch monsters university. I explained this to the front desk, they said it would be taken care of right away. An hour later we gave up and everyone left, November 1rst while we were at the parks, we assumed someone would swap it out. We return to our room around 7:30 pm again and it hadn't been touched,

I called the front desk, they told me someone would be right up. 45 minutes later I call back, no one has showed up, This time they are they are calling the engineering supervisor. 15 minutes later, still nothing, The front desk is perplexed because the "ticket has been completed" yet no one has showed up. I explained please just send over the player I can swap it out, 20 minutes later a man with a horrible attitude shows up, wants to spend 15 minutes diagnosing the problem, no dvd player in hand, Wants to argue about which remote goes to which set, I explain you don' need to turn on the tv to see what the problem is, he continues on with his diagnosis, I open the dvd player to a disc in he would shut it because it didn't follow his protocol, finally I grab the remote put a dvd in the player, it makes loud grinding noises and finally spits out the disc, "Should it do that" I say, He says "No", that was the point of me asking for a new player, bring one from another room, I don't care, this one is broke. He tells me it will be another 20 minutes, I just say forget it. Horrible service Wyndham Bonnet Creek.

On positive notes, they did have a nice little trick or treat event, and the girl who does hair raps did an awesome job on my girls! If it weren't for the service, this place would be 5 stars.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Tony S
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This was our second stay here and again it was a great place to stay. Beautiful rooms that have every thing you need for your stay. It is Close to attractions and well maintained. The rStaff is very accommodating and activities are available if wanted. I would stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Hi Jackie,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We appreciate your kind words. We will share this with our staff. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your unit and resort location. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

We checked in to Tower 5 on Oct 29. Despite being told by many that there was absolutely NO check in allowed before 4pm, our room was ready & we were allowed into the room immediately after our lunchtime check in. The check in process was speedy & we were sent to a different person to obtain our parking pass, but it immediately became clear that his job was to sign us up for a timeshare presentation breakfast. The incentive offered was a $150 resort gift certificate or $150 Amex gift card just for attending the 90 minute presentation. We were allowed to choose the day we wanted to attend. We decided on a day, given our reservation slips, & told where to come & the time we needed to be there. We changed other breakfast plans that we had already made, but were naturally motivated by the gift cards, as well as genuine interest in learning more about the resort. We went promptly to our villa which was beautiful & the only negative about it was that the AC shuts off automatically if there is no motion in the room or if the balcony door is unlocked & the thermostat goes no lower than 65. We often woke up sweating @ night. The wifi doesn't always work. These things I can deal with, but what definitely wasn't cool was the phone call less than 2 hours prior to our scheduled breakfast on 10/31, UNinviting us!!! We were never really given an acceptable reason & the woman who called to cancel ( yes, cancel -not rescedule ) our breakfast was condescending & said that they had the option to cancel us if they wanted. We were never told this when we signed up. We suspect we were cancelled because we were not the type of potential customer that wyndham was looking for. If there had been some attempt @ consolation made ( for example, breakfast @ the resort- after all, we did CHANGE our previous breakfast plans ) to make up for the abrupt cancellation, we wouldn't have been upset. Instead we were treated like we weren' t good enough for this resort. We have always stayed @ Disney resorts when we travel to Orlando (1-2 times a year) & this is the 1st time we have stayed @ a non-Disney resort. While the price difference & location are enticing @ Wyndham Bonnet Creek, I would rather pay more & be treated as an important guest @ a Disney hotel or villa, rather than someone who is not good enough @ this resort.

• Stayed: October 2013