“Won't all parents to check in before me”

Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
Ranked #87 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I am planning on visiting the property and won't be arriving to the Orlando/Sanford airport until 9 pm my day of arrival. My parents live in Florida and want to drive up Sunday rather than waste a day of our visit traveling Monday and the hotel REFUSES to allow them access to the room unless I pay a $129 fee. Just something to consider if you are traveling with a group under a Wyndham Vacation. Even offered to have the hotel take their credit card and charge them if I do not show up !!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Denise C
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Hi Denise,

We apologize for any frustrations regarding your upcoming stay. We definitely understand it would be much easier for your parents to check into the unit prior to your arrival. Please note any unit that will be occupied by anyone other than the owner requires a guest certificate. Owners are provided one complimentary guest certificate for each 77,000 points owned. If there are no more remaining guest certificates on your account this does require a fee. The guest certificate fee is $99 if added online. You may also reference the online directory for any additional questions regarding this information. We hope this information helps to clarify any questions. Safe travels to our resort and we hope you have a wonderful vacation.

There are newer reviews for Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Great time. Great location. Everyone was great. Expect our housekeeper. She stole from us and when I contacted them nothing was done. They asked the housekeeper and of course she said no! Sure wish I could get my item back, I would be grateful and would even return (and just not use housekeeping!!!!)

1  Thank Nicolrmcd
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This place have little problems but you will love your stay. The Wyndham Bonnet Creek has every thing you could want, except dolphins.
I am from Boston MA and we are very demanding people and want the best. Next time I go to Orlando I plan on returning.
The rooms are big, the property is big, it's clean bright and friendly.
Ten minutes to all the disney resorts. They have a shuttle service to the parks if you don't want to drive.
You will love this place.
Of corse they will try to sell you timeshare points but you can't get mad at a fox for being a fox.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jeff S
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We just got back last week from Bonnet Creek. We have been staying at this resort every year since there were only a few buildings and I am afraid this year will be our last.
The location is great.. BUT the transportation to the parks is useless. There is a fee, which is fine because the
accommodations are a great value; but..the buses hardly run, they did not show up at one of the parks, it is pretty much a useless service, which defeats the purpose of staying "on" Disney property!
The complex seemed to be managed better this year which was great-no one yelling at me at check-in. Everyone friendly and accomodating.
I know this property has had problems with roaches and bed bugs but we had never had a problem, until this year. We had roaches. They treated the unit for us, but then we kept finding dead or half dead roaches-everywhere. Front desk was kind and apologetic and offered to move us but I hated to move to an untreated unit-at least our roaches were dead and dying!
Perhaps the property is just too large and the budget too tight to make it a great place to stay. Treating each unit bit by bit is never going to solve the bug problem, as I am afraid it is now out of control.
If roaches don't bother you and you plan on using your car to get to the parks at the #1 place (Orlando) in the US for car rental accidents, then it really is a nice place to stay. No frills but nice.

4  Thank ubucky
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed at BC for our kids spring break. The rooms are spacious however we did have a problem with ac. Maintenance came but problem still persisted. Other than that the pools were fantastic, the hot tub a real hit and close to parks. In the past shuttle service was free; no more. Depending on the size of your party if you are without a car, take a cab and forgo the shuttle to parks. We were a party of 5; shuttle cost for one day, $30. Cab about $25 and you had the freedom to come and go at your leisure. BC is great. I just hope ANd pray they continue to maintain the beautiful upkeep.

1  Thank Principal50
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I got a room (1-bdrm presidential suite)for my son, wife and 3 little ones under 6 yrs. They loved it. Pools with zero entry, small family restaurants on site, shuttles to and from Disney attractions, and more. My wife and I got a 1-bdrm deluxe and were also happy except for the room was hot when we entered and air conditioner did not work. A call to front desk was all it took to have Maintenance come immediately to fix the unit. We could actually see Epcot Center from our window and the fireworks at night. All staff were courteous.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jimmie D
Reviewed 15 April 2014

What a wonderful experience! We were able to check in early (1) but since we arrived at 11 the nicest bellman helped us store our luggage until the room was ready. We went to Disney and when we returned luggage was in room! The coffee pot carafe was missing and within 5 minutes housekeeping brought an entirely new coffee pot to the room. The location was perfect for us, building tower 4 bottom floor with patio that looked out onto the shuffleboard court. We were actually able to use that patio as an exit to the pool which was GREAT with a baby and three year old in tow. People tend to not want bottom floor but I loved it b/c we didn't deal with waits for elevator and not as much walking with our big extended family. The unit was fantastic, spacious and fully equipped. Why stay in a cramped condo when you can cook breakfast for your generational family in a nice kitchen and have room to "hang out" and catch up? That is what family vacation is all about. Disney as always was so much fun. We had a car with us and driving to parks was so easy. They give you a turn by turn map at the desk. If you can get a diamond parking pass from aaa or where you buy Disneyworld park tickets that was very helpful to get a parking place very close to the gate. I now would say driving from Bonnet Creek is easier than taking Disney transportation! We also walked over to the Blu Spa at Wyndham Grand hotel for a massage (part of the group of buildings). It was wonderful too. One more tip: If you have a baby use the website for A baby's best friend in Orlando. we ordered a full size crib, bathtub, bumbo, walker, and humidifier for a week. they deliver for free to bonnet creek.

Room Tip: We loved the ground floor with patio to the amphitheatre area.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family