“Bonnet Creek is a beautiful resort”

Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
Ranked #84 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Aberdeen
“Bonnet Creek is a beautiful resort”
Reviewed 18 September 2010

Just returned from a week's stay at Bonnet Creek. We were in Bldg. #6 (the new one). This building was just completed so everything was in great shape. I'm not sure anyone had stayed in our unit prior to us. We stayed in a one bedroom Presidential Unit. The place was huge for a one bedroom unit. Beautiful granite countertops, full sized stainless steel appliances and a huge whirlpool tub & separate shower were just a few of the fabulous unit features. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds that I have ever slept in. Each of the buildings seem to have some type of pool and refreshment area. Ours had a decent pool and spa along with cabanas equiped with fans and mini-frige (for rent). The pool had a pirate ship for the kids that had a slide built into it. I was never able to find a quiet pool for my wife and I to go to, but this one wasn't too bad.

The rest of the resort looks to be in as good of shape as this building. Everything was neat and orderly and the landscaping was beatiful. They seemed to have events every day, mostly for kids. They have a small store and numerous restaurants and bars.

This would be a great place to take the family so you didn't spent all of your time and money at the theme parks. My wife and I came came alone and didn't get involved in most of the activities, but still had a good time.

The only negative comment that I have is that the in-building buisness/computer center wasn't completed and the wireless internet didn't work most of the week. We would call the front desk and the would say that their IT Department was working on it. They did suggest that we plug into the eithernet connection on the phone, but that wasn't located in the best spot in the room and had a very short cord. Hopefully this was a temporary problem and gets resolved shortly.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Joebets

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,158)
  • Polish first
Milwaukee
Reviewed 17 September 2010

I have to say that the place really was nice. Great pools, great service, great rooms! WE stayed in three due to upgrading and putting together two reservations for one long week. Didn't use the shuttles, hate those, so can't respond to that, pools are awesome, go at night no one is there. The restaurant is pricey but we ate there one day. Rooms were supper clean, check the internet for directions to Grocery stores, there are several within a mile, its easy to get lost on the "disney highway, so map it wll ahead of time. I will definitely stay there again.
Oh we found a SUPER SPA downtown, its called sernidipity Spa, its a small house, but dont judge it by the looks! The people there are awesome!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
florida
Reviewed 13 September 2010

We are owners at Bonnet Creek and have stayed there probably 5 or 6 times. We absolutely love love love this place. The best part about it is that the grounds are beautiful and well maintained. The condos are spacious and have everything we need. The master bathroom is supersized and we love having the two seperate rooms in the bathroom. The jacuzze tub is so nice after a day at Disney. You feel like this is your home - not a motel. You have washer and dryer, dishwasher, iron and board , big dining room table, bar with barstools. We loved sitting out on our balcony and watching all the happenings and epcots fireworks show. I have read some reviewers that had problems with service. We never had any problems with anything. The pools were clean and towels well stocked around pool areas. The activities were fun , we participated in quite a few. Our kids enjoyed th 4 pools, put put golf, making tye dye shirts, the welcome party and the make your own ice cream sundae. Bus service to the parks was always right on time with no waiting. This is truly a home away from home and this is my favorite Wyndham property. DONT BE AFRAID TO STAY HERE - YOU WILL LOVE IT!

Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank lyni34
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed 10 September 2010

After reading the numerous bad reviews on the facility i was skeptical to come. Our experience was very good over all. The room had it's defficiencies like dishwasher "loud", ice maker not working, but the staff was very responsive to our needs. The staff was very courteous. The room was very clean and comfortable and it had everything we need. We stayed in a two bedroom, 5 adults, 2 small children, very spacious. i could see if you come on a holiday weekend where the pool area may be some what congested. If you are looking for a nice place and you are not expecting the Ritz Carlton experience you will like this place. The resort is in a very convenient location, everything is whithin 5 to 10 minutes away, food, shopping, parks, etc.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Pooh214
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 9 September 2010

Wyndam's Bonnet Creek offers ANOTHER awesome vacation experience, without the need to visit Mickey.

My family and I visit Wyndam Bonnet Creek 1 (sometimes twice) a year...for the last 4-5 years. Clearly, we know and like Bonnet Creek. To us, Bonnet Creek keeps improving.

Your kids will LOVE the pools! You will LOVE the Mediterranean decor, comfort & amenities.

We LOVE this resort so much I blogged about Bonnet Creek and even created a video highlighting all the FUN and LAUGHTER. **Note** In no way am I affiliated with Wyndam's Bonnet Creek. My wife, kids and I are just happy customers.

Warning: Turn up your speakers prepare to get excited about Bonnet Creek when you watch this video :)

I hope this helps you,
Mike

P.S. One comment above mentioned poor customer service at Bonnet Creek. In no way am I a VIP. Just wait until you read my blog post above for PROOF of Bonnet Creek's AMAZING customer service. I even name names and show visual proof! Bonnet Creek is for real, and their staff personally CARE about your resort experience.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank MikeSarasotaRealtor
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 7 September 2010

My husband, 11 yo son, 9 mo daughter, and I stayed here from July 31 to Aug 6. We wanted something on the Disney property, but not pay the Disney prices.

The resort was easy to find (thanks to GPS). Check in and getting our parking pass took 20 minutes. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite on the first floor in building 5, which was perfect for us. Our balcony was right off the outside of the lazy pool gate. We could barely hear the music playing throughout the day and it stopped at 9:45 pm each night. My son said the pull out couch was comfortable enough for him. We didn’t find any sheets for the pullout couch in the suite, but it didn’t matter because we brought our own. There were a few pillows and blankets in the front closet though.

The kitchen had everything we needed. Whenever we ran out of dishwashing liquid, detergent, toilet paper, etc., we either went to the front desk and replenished our supplies or asked the housekeeping staff. The suite was clean and we never saw any bugs. We didn’t hear a peep from the timeshare personnel and the staff at the resort was pleasant. There were activities throughout the day and into the evening. My son was always out and about socializing with all the kids. The parking garage was always packed, but we always managed to find a corner parking spot on the 2nd or 3rd floor.

We enjoyed ourselves very much and if we ever decide to return to Disneyworld, we’ll stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Vatrahaki1
Reviewed 5 September 2010

I loved the resort. It is in Disney but not a Disney property, which I loved. It was not "Disney Overkill." When you come back to the resort from a day at a park, you left Disney behind. The pools were great! Our view was a lake view & I found it great. I loved having my coffee on the balcony in the morning. Some units do face the parking lot & I would request a lake view again. I found the staff friendly & attentive. We couldn't gain access to our safe & they responded quickly. We needed an extra hair dryer & one was delivered promptly. We stayed from 8/29-9/5 & the resort was not that crowded until Friday of Labor day weekend. The resort is clean and the amenities great. The kids loved the pools with slides and lazy rivers. Unfortunately, we never got to play miniature golf, just not enough time. We stayed in Tower 1, which is one of the first but well maintained & updated.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family