“Not bad for the money”

Ranked #296 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Wallingford, Connecticut
“Not bad for the money”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Got the room on line for $41.00 total (one night stay). The room was very basic, few frills, but clean and roomy. It was also quiet. Had old tube style TV which worked well and with enough channel choices. Furniture was a bit dated but functional and not ricketty. Bathroom was large enoough and shower and plumbing worked as expected. Bed was real hard. I woke up with a stiff back.
Hotel is not in a better section of town. area is rather industrial. Convenience store next door. Parking lot was well lit so we felt mostly safe.
For the price I would not be hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Try for a seconfd floor room.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I have never been treated so rudely and inhospitably! The manager of the hotel was very rude and condescending and refused to be of service when we asked for and early check in...3pm! He yelled at me when I politely asked him is there was anyway I could get a room sooner and even threatened to raise the prices if I did not wait! He even resorted to using racial anti American remarks. I'm not sure if he was just having a bad day or something but I'm sorry, no one should ever be treated so poorly!

• Stayed February 2013
4 Thank Mbtscott
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 4 December 2012

For the second time I chose this hotel and I still now, stay in this hotel
For several reasons:
1 - security men working 24 hours
2 - The rooms are clean
3 - excellent maintenance
4 - nice deal reception
5 - close to everything
6 - rooms have a small refrigerator and Microwaves, TV, kitchen and laundry in the basement
7 - Price $ 41 per night
8 - shopping areas close

Recommend this hotel, although not recently

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Abu_Ahad
Los Angeles
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I found this place a couple of days before flying out to Orlando and it was one of the cheapest hotels I could find. The best part is that it's one bus away to downtown Orlando and a 20 dollar cab away from Universal Studios Citywalk.

I can understand some of the reviews because this play is old. Some metal is rusted so the place can look a little unappealing but this place is clean!!

The whole room, kitchen and bathroom were clean completely clean.

I checked in early and the front office guy allowed me to get a room. That person might seem rude but his actually nice a tough love sort of way. My room lock did not work and one of the workers came up and fixed it in less than 10 minutes.

These rooms have a full kitchen!!! A fridge, stove top, microwave, and a sink! Great for someone that is staying for a long time.

If you are looking for marble top kitchen with wood floor and silver sink this is not a place for you. It's a clean place to stay in and it's well worth the price!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank romeo103
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 17 August 2012

located very far from everything - if you use the poor public transportation. a very cheap motel - so cheap that when we first arrived a prostitute came and asked about renting a room for couple of nights (a true story)!! the neighborhood is worse and at night you wouldn't want to walk around at the street.
it's better to pay more and feel much better!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Assaf S
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 August 2012

i picked this hotel after re booking it from booking.com .... price was the best.... but believe me it wasnt worth it.... i wish someone had told me how nasty the carpet was in the rooms..... he asked if i am using wifi so he placed me on the 3rd floor....OMG... was the carpet filled with years and years of dark sludge ........ the smell was horrible.... i had to go to the dollar tree to buy tons of linen disinfectant for the bed and floor.....something bit me overnight while i slept in this room.... friend came up from boca raton to hang out with me after they got off work and was told by the STRANGE entrance security guard NOBODY IN THE HOTEL CAN HAVE A VISITOR AFTER 9PM UNLESS THEY PAY FOR A ROOM....had enough.. checked out.... went to a DAYS INN and found paradise!!!!!!

Room Tip: stay away from this hotel!!!!!!! any other place will do!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank kimmik21
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I made my reservation very much in advance through Venere. I did that because we had registered for a convention at the Forida Hotel 6 months before. Florida Hotel is less than 2 miles away and is connected to the Florida mall. Sunstyles sits back on the property but there is a big street sign. You enter to the prescence of a security house with a guard. I stayed in room 306 two nighs three days. Upon entering registration there was a strong flowery smell. UGH, I hate that because it gives me a headache and because it means its covering some offending odor. Gentleman was nice enough, got resistered. Had to give ID and creidt card. He asked for my daughter ID , I declined that since she is 17. He was ok with that. I have never checkedn in the a hotel or motel where they wanted everyones ID ? HMM....He asked if we would be using internet,.. YES... I asked why.. isnt it free? he said yes but some rooms get better wifi than others. Our room is on the 3rd floor.. there is an elevator... its old and dirty( 20 worth of tiles would help fix that ...and shoud be done)There are people who are hanging around smoking.. come to realize there are people who LIVE here... low income types...a little bit uncomfortable...HMMM.. go up to our room... UGGG.. same smell... this is not good.... all that spray stuff gives me a hedache... then migriane... search the room to see if its a plug in or disk...nope.... come to find out that they sprinkle Arm and Hammer baking soda Island breeze/essence.. catch housekeeping and ask them not to put anymore when they come in to clean... In the room a bit and realize the AC is not really working...call front desk , they send someone pretty quickly, he looks and the unit is frozen over... he removes unit and comes back in about 15 min , reinstalls the unit and then it works fine the rest of the visit. During the uninstall the scummy water residue spills on the carpet with globs of scum.. Gross.... I ask for them to clean it .. no problem,, comes in with a hoover carpet cleaner and then an extractor... That was nicely handled. I went to the office the next morrning and thanked then... my feeling on stuff like that is that life has issues , its how you handle them.. they were on top of that which was nice. Now the Arm and Hammer stuff is definately covering up musty smell.. but I can deal with that better than essences. The room.. GREAT presentation ... three pillow set up on an angle, towels folded in pretty design. Clean simple room. Nice size. Big TV, but the remote did not work. Kitchenette.. VERY old Microwave, on the decrepid side, clean 2 burner stove, OLD Fridge but it worked very well. But the kitchenette was clean, 2 cups, 2 bowls, silverwear, pot and pan.I would suggest painting the bottom kicks near the carpet , it would make a better appearance. Updated bath with shampoo, soap, toothpaste . Decorativley folded towels once again. Kudos to the housekeeper, who was very nice when I asked her not to use the smelly stuff in my room as well. Ironing board and iron and a nice warm blanket are in the closet. There were times as two women I felt a bit uncomfortable ..a few shady people... some foul language by a few residents.... I wonder if they could seperate the residents from the guests a bit better ? Lots of stores and shopping on Orange Blossom. Publix, Winn Dixie, Bealls outlet and a ton others, plus Mall . Over all for 31.00 a night , acceptable. There are cameras in hallways and in elevator.

Room Tip: If you are odor sensive ask for no essence to be used in carpet
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business