“Service + Food = Outstanding”
Review of Kres Chophouse

Kres Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Kres Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 3,862 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Orange Avenue
Transit: Downtown Orlando has a complimentary bus system that loops the downtown area and is available on late nights when there are special events happening at the Bob Carr Performing Arts Center, Amway Arena, etc. The "LYMO" bus system stops on the corner of Church Street and Orange Avenue adjacent to Kres Chophouse.
Description: The present and past pair beautifully at Kres Chophouse, a classic, top tier Steakhouse with a modern eclectic flair. This premier Steakhouse embodies the heart of Orlando's historic district, featuring chic and elegant décor within the striking architecture of a 1930's landmark. A thoughtful layout with luxurious banquettes and private dining options create an intimate dining atmosphere. Located in the center of downtown. 5 minute walk to the Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts and the Amway Center. A few blocks to the NEW Soccer Stadium and a short complimentary bus ride to the Camping World Stadium.
Reviewed 20 March 2014

On my annual pilgrimage to Orlando (business trade show) I was looking for a new steakhouse to try. I asked my nephew who lives in Orlando for "a place you have wanted to go but couldn't afford".

Well we met and had a couple of drinks, then dinner. I ordered New York, sister ordered Filet Oscar Style and nephew ordered Lamb Chops. My sister was happy with the Filet but after tasting everyone's said New York was the best. I don't like lamb but tried a bite - didn't have that strong lamb taste - it was really good. But I stuck with my New York and enjoyed about half of it - why? - because it was so dang big.

I was relaying a story to my sister about a steakhouse in another city and a guy clearing the table next to us interrupted and asked if we were talking about Kres - I responded with "heck no, the steak here is by far superior" - we got talking. Low and behold it is the General Manager. He was very pleased with my ravings about the food (but in all honesty the mashed potatoes were a bit stiff) -

Had their signature bread pudding for dessert - wonderful - but between my sister and I we managed about 2/3rds of it. Was WAAYY TOO FULL

I have to say this has been THE BEST meal I have had in Orlando.

Steve

1  Thank Steve D

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Kres Chophouse is at an excellent location on Church Street in downtown Orlando. It definitely has a business club feel to the atmosphere with dark red wall hangings, dark wood furnishings and brass accents throughout. The waiter was very courteous and knowledgeable about the menu and his suggestions were very helpful. I had a mahi mahi special that was blackened with couscous for about $20 - excellent! My colleagues enjoyed large salad and fish or beef entrees for about $18. Sandwiches were about $14. A little on the pricey side for an everyday lunch, but excellent fare and service. They do take reservations. Perfect for a business lunch where you want to talk without the rush in a comfortable environment. A dinner date here would be very elegant. This meal was outstanding!

Note: parking in downtown Orlando can be a little tricky due to 1 way streets. You may want to arrive a little early to circle a time or two. ;-)

1  Thank TampaTrips
Reviewed 18 February 2014

First off, the service and wait staff were friendly and attentive, I enjoyed that part of the evening. The food however was only OK, nothing wrong, but just a little bland, and I had ordered the black and blue steak. But at the prices they charge I would expect a meal that at the end I would want to come and try again.

1  Thank Cliff M
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Ended up at Kres as there was no way to get into the Ravenous Pig in Winter Park. Kres is a modern looking restaurant in what appears to be a historic building. We ate late, for us. The service was excellent, attentive without being intrusive. The food was very good. My wife's salmon was excellent as was my lettuce wedge salad and shrimp cocktail. The music playing in the background was, however, annoying. This is not an inexpensive place, but is worth the price. Enjoyed it very much.

1  Thank Harvey S
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We have been here several times. Mainly for the location, so we can go out after eating dinner. The food is good. I seek out good food. Whether it is a hole in the wall or 5 star. I mainly care about the food but there are other factors when it comes to having a good dining experience. We have never really had this at KRES. The first time we went the male server was annoyed that we were a 2 top sitting at his 4 top booth. Oh, God for bid (Even though we order enough food and drinks for more than 4) That basically set the tone for the whole dinner. Of course, until the end when they try to do one last kiss up before you pay. That never works on me. I remember everything you do wrong. Like only asking my husband if he wants another drink and leaving me high and dry through dinner or never checking back to see if our steaks are cooked properly until the end. The servers we have had pretty much could work in a diner because they just take your order and then go out for smoke breaks because you never see them again. Normally, I like a darker mood setting in a restaurant. But lately it has seemed depressing because it's not very happening and there's a lot of empty tables on the weekend. That's not a good sign to me. But we continue to suffer because we love the carpaccio and the bread pudding dessert. Otherwise, we refrain from bringing friends because it's not an impressive, nor exciting experience at all. Just get the food to-go is my recommendation.

1  Thank StaceyH769