“An Excellent Thanksgiving”

Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 30 November 2013

My family decided to eat Thanksgiving dinner out instead of at home to save on all the work that a dinner like that involved. We decided on the Stonewood Grill and Tavern since it was nearby and had a very good reputation. Our decision was a good one. The restaurant had a special Thanksgiving meal, drink specials, and their regular menu too. No on in our party was displeased. The here service was very attentive and quick to recommend or explain when asked. Some of the family had the Thanksgiving meal and others chose off the menu. All of the drinks and food was excellent and I know we will plan to go here again for any other special occasion.

Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

Calamari for an app was amazing! So tender and yummy. The crab encrusted mahi for my entree was divine. Stonewood was food heaven! Service was a bit slow but the food was worth the wait!

Reviewed 26 October 2013

It is a bit of a "higher end" restaurant by the prices, but their steaks are great. I had prime rib and most of it could be cut with a fork! VERY good and highly recommended. Mashed potatoes were good but nothing special. The corn & tomato sauté was quite bland and I really didn't care for it. For appetizers the calamari is large and fried, but again only average. It was at least cooked correctly and wasn't too chewy. The Bruschetta was also good but nothing special in my opinion. Now they do have some homemade potato chips with some cheese and a sauce that are VERY unique. Some in the party liked them and some didn't. Other's said some of their sides were quite bland as well, like the broccoli, but I didn't hear a single complaint on the steaks. My employer paid, and I have to say I'd probably not go back on my own dime due to the average sides and higher prices of the steaks. Like I said, it wasn't bad, so I would recommend you try it on your own and form your own opinion.

1  Thank rc5695
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

Drove by and decided to go eat because we had never been there before.. figured we would give it a try! First the prices were outrageous! Charley"s steakhouse prices! So we ordered just calamari, crab cakes, soup and salad! The calamari was horrible! It was fried filet calamari that I couldn't even chew it enough to swallow! our server was awesome but that's about it! I will NEVER go back!

1  Thank Jen R
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Me and my husband visited Stonewood on the recommendations of family back home. It was a Sunday night and quite quiet overall when we arrived. We were seated immediately and a server was with us within seconds and took our drinks order and recommended his favourite appetisers. I had crab cakes and my partner had bruschetta. Both were absolutely beautiful. Main course was steak for me and mahi crab encrusted for the hubby. It was the 13th day of our 2 week and holiday I can honestly say that this restaurant was up there with the best we'd eaten in! We would highly recommend. We even brought back some business cards and a menu to put behind reception at our hotel. Overall a fantastic night and even better food.