“Trip Back in Time”

Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater restaurant in Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park serves American cuisine for lunch and dinner that includes burgers, sandwiches, seafood, pasta, steak and salads. Pair your meal with a rich milkshake or, for Guests 21 years of age and older, domestic beer or a glass of wine.Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater: a Mad Scientists DelightIf you're feeling like a mad scientist while dining at Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater restaurant, try a Cosmic Concoction, such as a thick shake mixed with either Baileys Irish Cream or peppermint schnapps. Then end your meal on a sweet note with a gooey dessert like a hot fudge sundae.Fabulous B-Movie Flicks in Sci-Fi Dine-In TheaterLike a night at the old drive-ins, servers at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater restaurant bring food to vintage '50s "convertible" tables as you watch '50s and '60s sci-fi and monster flicks on the big screen.Dine at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater under a nighttime sky filled with twinkling stars, while glow-in-the-dark ice cubes swirl in drinks. It's all part of the otherworldly ambiance that's hard to beat.
Oviedo, Florida
“Trip Back in Time”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We decided to eat at Sci-Fi Dine-In to show our grandkids how it was when we were younger. They understood the difference between imagined outdoors and the real thing; but, really enjoyed themselves (6 & 5 yrs. old). I had to laugh because whenever a new item came on the screen my husband grinned from ear to ear. I should probably mention he loves "B" movies. I suggest making reservations for a early dinner so that the servers are not rushed. We ate early at 4:15pm and had our food served 15minutes after ordering. They answered all of the grandkids questions and we never felt rushed. I had the salmon BLT, it was really good! My husband had a hamburger and he said it was cooked perfect. The kids could have split one order they were given so much food (popcorn chicken w/fries and fruit) on the kids menu :) I have enough to serve them lunch tomorrow.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank HavingFunAt50Plus

Bradford
“Drive in diner...”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Sat in a "car" watching a drive in movie with your family/friends eating good food and drinking amazing shakes etc...well worth a visit

1 Thank Coop0405
Kissimmee, Florida
“atmosphere great, food okay”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

No dinner reservation, wait was 30 min. car needs to be a little longer so the table can be a little bit bigger. i had the chicken wings. They were okay, but i should've requested sauce on the side as they were very sticky. Oreo milkshake was good. Wasn't asked if I wanted any dessert. Waitress was good, but not 18% mandatory tip good. Also, I wish I could've watched an entire movie.

• Visited July 2014
Bolton
“Come for the atmosphere the food is only okay”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Just like the rest of Disney the atmosphere is what makes this restaurant. The service staff is fantastic and some of the entrées are very good but all in all the food is not why you come here

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Good concept bad food”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

My first full day of the holiday and I was looking forward to nothing more than good tasting food. I was waiting to see the show at 10PM and as I didn't have a hire car I couldn't leave the park so decided to eat in the park. We ate at the first restaurant we came across and sadly it was this one. I had no idea of what the layout of the restaurant was and as you can guess I was very surprised when I entered. All the cars were fully booked so I had to eat at one of the cramped circular tables around the outside. I ordered the burger and didn't like it at all, I asked for Medium, was medium rare to rare if anything, didn't bother to stay for dessert. As this restaurants in Disney's it's over priced compared to the restaurants on international drive. Would give this one a miss!