“Great Food and Great Service”
Review of Chevys Fresh Mex

Chevys Fresh Mex
Reserve with OpenTable
Chevys Fresh Mex is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #192 of 3,920 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Lake Buena Vista
Description: When we think Chevys Fresh Mex, we go to our happy place; fun-lovin’ guests, fajitas & margaritas, and the freshest food, always from scratch. Founded in 1986 in Alameda, California, Chevys is an ultra-casual restaurant concept that offers guests an array of freshly prepared Mexican dishes in a relaxing atmosphere. Similar to other Real Mex restaurants, Chevys prepares its dishes daily from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. Chevys is a national brand with locations in 8 states. Chevys' store base includes 39 Company-owned restaurant locations and 16 franchised restaurants. With more than 25 years of successful operations, Chevys is the most widely recognized Mexican casual dining brand in northern California, and is the second largest Mexican casual dining brand in California in terms of number of restaurants, behind El Torito. Designed to offer a fiesta for the senses, where every experience is fresh, fun and full of flavor, the concept is focused on the execution of its trend-setting Fresh Mex® menu and continuous innovation. Chevys uses a "Fresh Mex®" pledge which underscores the Company's promise that all products are made daily from scratch.
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Table side guacamole was wonderful, staff were attentive and friendly and the prices are very reasonable. Been there twice in 1 week. Would definitley recommend.

Simon - Canada

Write a ReviewReviews (1,075)

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for expensive Mexican food (and who is not ) this is your place. Food is good, portion sizes are large. If you are looking to drop $60 to $75 on a family of four this is your place. If you want the same quality for half the price (which is your average run of the mill Mexican restaurant) you better go some place else

1  Thank no_ax_to_grind_1272
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We ate dinner here and found both the food and the service to be great. The chips are fresh and salsa is amazingly good. The wait staff was attentive and warm. The food was fresh, tasty and came to the table very quickly. Two days later we returned for lunch. The young lady that greeted us looked really miserable and showed us to a dirty table. The waitress was clearing a table while taking our order and no surprise that she had to come back later to clarify the order. The food was still good but despite the fact that the restaurant was pretty quiet the staff made us feel like a real inconvenience.I would recommend this restaurant for dinner and I would really love to be able to get that salsa at home.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Solo business traveler. Seated and 5 minutes later "Evan" comes waltzing over. He fumbles and mumbles his sway into asking me what I'd like to order. Just a water is what I ordered cause now I'm not sure I'll stay. Waited a minute and thought ok another try. Meantime manager saw I was still just sitting there. Didn't say much to me but just enough to acknowledge. Then Waiter came over with only water(no chips/ salsa) and asked if I had any questions on the menu I said "no I'm looking over the food now". He didn't bring chips but did to another party just seated. I waited 15 minutes and he still never got my food order. So. I left. On way out I told manager I was leaving. . Used to dine there. Won't anymore. Went to my favorite but down the highway - Don Pablo's. Never again to a Chevys!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Good margarita. Yummy burrito. Tasty salsa. But the best, best, best was the guac made table side. Yummmmmy!!!

The host, Blake, was super friendly and fun. And the server was also sweet.

Good prices for large amounts of food. Much better value than other restaurants in the Disney area. Friendly for kids, too.

Overall good value, good food, and good environment. Check it out.