“Hard Rock Cafe, Universal Studios, Orlando”
Review of Hard Rock Cafe

Hard Rock Cafe
Ranked #164 of 4,078 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: US$9 - US$23
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Florida Centre
Description: In a city with so much to see and do, the main attraction for locals, as well as tourists, is Hard Rock Cafe Orlando. Located at Universal Studios Orlando in the CityWalk entertainment complex, Hard Rock Cafe Orlando is the biggest HRC in the world. With large, statuesque pillars, it stands majestically as a Roman Coliseum of rock, and boasts more pieces of music memorabilia than any other location. The site includes not only a vast, multi-level cafe, but also Hard Rock Live Orlando, a 3,000-person concert/party venue.
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Fair service. We ordered the food, my wife's food was not cooked properly, so they took it back, made a new order, and did not charge us for it. The only problem was that I had my food while she was waiting on hers. I finished my food before hers arrived. My food would have been cold had I waited.They apologized. They should have taken both orders and brought both orders together. This way we would be eating together as it is supposed to be.

Kyle Y, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that there was a problem with your wife’s food and you were not able to eat together.

Write a ReviewReviews (8,794)

Reviewed 18 November 2013

have been here on 7 different occasions (each year i have visited orlando) went this evening and always looked forward to the jumbo combo starter,well to say theres a recession in the states must be affecting this place,it was less than half of what you used to get,no potato skins none of the pancakes rolls and no salad,instead a shockingly disgusting artichoke and spinach and cheese dip,yuck it was disgusting! Whilst still eating the starter they were serving our main! I had the mushroom swiss burger,have to say was the most tasteless burger i have ever tasted and that was after paying and extra $1.80 for onions,standard in most burgers?
I went with my partner who had the vegetable sandwich,we both left most of our food,the bill was just over $100 which was the starter we shared two "main meals" and 2 cocktails,and as usual in the US your expected to tip (this i never understand don't americans who work in this industries get a wage??)
Normally you were asked if you wanted to buy the glass you get your drinks in but this time was already added to the bill,it wasn't until we left that we realized they automatically charge you for the glass!
Needless to say i wont be returning to this place the food has gone so downhill the service is awful they just want to get you in and out as quick as possible,it used to be a great place to eat and have fun,not anymore,shockingly bad.
go to 4rivers smokehouse where you are treated awesome and the food is to die for!!!!

Kyle Y, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Thank you for your review. I’m sorry that you did not like the Jumbo Combo during your last visit. We did keep everything the same but switched, as a test, the Spring Rolls with the Spinach Dip and instead of Potato Skins, we offer Bruschetta. I know that you have visited us many times in the past and do hope that you give us another chance during your next trip to Orlando!

Reviewed 15 November 2013

The prices are reasonable for a theme restaurant by a park. Had the ribs and the portion was large and the food was good for $24. Service was good, ordered a Jack Daniels on ice and it was generously free poured for about 4 ounces.

The main floor displays are okay but absolutely take the time to sneak upstairs. It's like a museum and the highlights are the Elvis room, the Roots room. Great display.

This place was busy and NBA world next door was dead. This place is busy for reason, it's worth a visit.

We also have the “John Lennon” room upstairs that is a must see too!

Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

Went to Hard Rock on recent visit to Orlando. Mixed ages group of 8 - wasn't too pushed about photo op when you get there - but having said that it's the only photo of all of us together we have .
Service was good / group photo was 20 dollars but were offered a free drink of choice each which offset the cost. My husband is a music fan and was really impressed with the memorabilia as was my son 4 who kept asking could we go back there every night. Food was good - not high cuisine but good for price and tasted great. Meal came to 280 including the photo which was not bad - not our cheapest but you pay for surroundings . We will be back !!!
Only point I could make us that I got the mild chicken wings and they were hot hot hot

We look forward to your return visit! Thanks for the review!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We had a couple of hours between seeing a play in Orlando and seeing So You Think You Can Dance at the Hard Rock so decided to have dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe. The restaurant is huge with a small waiting line to get in but were seated promptly. The prices were on the high side with $20 for a combo appetizer plate for two, $14 for a burger, $3.50 for a cup of coffee, etc. which would have been okay if the food and atmosphere would have been special. Unfortunately, that was not the case. The appetizer not only did not have enough food on it to merit the price but came to the table luke warm at best. We normally would have sent it back but were short of time to see the show next door. In addition, we were not thrilled with all the noise and people coming by the table to look at the memorabilia.. It is probably a decent choice for people who have been at Universal all day and plan to be there into the night. Other than that, not worth the effort to eat here, especially with a $16 parking fee to boot.

Kyle Y, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Thank you for your review. I’m sorry that you felt the food was average and you did not have an amazing experience. I do hope you give us another chance in the future.