“Just Fair For The Price”

Gaylord Palms Resort Buffet
Reserve with OpenTable
Gaylord Palms Resort Buffet is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #605 of 3,898 Restaurants in Orlando
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I found the buffet to be quite average for the price of $40 that excluded any champagne or alcohol (extra $13, I believe). Nothing new, unusual or inventive....very much like any buffet. Towards the end, I was looking for another slice of medium rare/rare rib roast and after getting the server's attention, all he had to offer and provide was dry, medium well since no more was left. After I took slices of it, he was serving exactly what I had wanted before, just ten minutes later after I was done with my meal. Hassle with parking, heavy charges per self parking so make sure you get your receipt stamped to avoid paying for that also. I've had a lot better, more liberal and entertaining buffets elsewhere.

1  Thank awstrip

Reviewed 21 December 2013

Make sure you have a reservation and make it for 5pm when they open. When they open, make sure you go and tell them as people without reservations crowd the enterance!

1  Thank Doug S
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Pros - the atmosphere is amazing, variation of settings within the Gaylord Palms is simply breathtaking. The restaurant at which the sunday brunch is held is like an old Spanish Cantina. the service and the staff are top notch. I was never left waiting for water, and every time I got up my empty plate was taken away before I got back.

Cons - everything is soaked in grease, the meats vegetables, everything. the meat on the carving board was very well done, and although it was prime rib, it might as well be a hamburger when cooked that much. The lone bright spot on the food was the salad. Usually I go for 4-5 plates at a buffet, here I settled for two, and due to all the oil, felt very bad afterwards. For a buffet to cost upwards of $40, I would expect a little bit more seafood in Florida, and a little better quality in the meats and vegetables.

Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Here on business and only in the hotel at night, but the atrium is really nice and the pool area is fantastic. Only complaint which knocks it from 5 to 4 stars is that food is extremely expensive (for a $22 hamburger and side salad, almost $9 in fees). More importantly (sorry for the graphic images), I woke up 3 hours later with terrible diarrhea and vommitted several times. As I hadn't eaten for hours prior, id be hesitant to eat at the hotel again.

1  Thank SevillesBarber
Reviewed 24 November 2013

yes this buffet is expensive, however you have to appreciate the location , live alligators, turtles and snakes in the atrium. Its an experience as well as a buffet.

good choice and all well presented, fresh omelettes or pasta made to order, staff were very attentive and helpful, a tour of all service stations was provided before being shown to our table.

worth the money