Let me start off by saying that if you have a reasonable amount of money to spend on a 2 week holiday to Orlando, then look no further than the Fountains. Located just outside the main hustle and bustle of International Drive and minutes away from Seaworld. Access to the theme parks is almost too easy with daily buses and taxis/shuttles running from outside the reception for reasonable prices.
The room was fantastic. King sized bed, a jacuzzi and great views of the lake every morning from our balcony. the TV had plenty of cable channels and the staff were always willing to be at your beck and call when needed through the dedicated room service team. They seemed to have the uncanny knack of giving you a 5* experience, even though you haven't paid for it. This high level of customer service will always have you coming back year on year.
The site itself is massive, yet has all the amenities you could wish for. Reasonably sized gift shop with over-priced foreign news papers, a bar with a large selection of beers and a reception staffed with the most gorgeous of Canadian receptionists. The gym was clean and nicely air conditioned and the pool was fantastic. You are treated to plenty of space outside to sunbathe, or you can walk/golf cart the lucious surroundings of the resort (highly recommended at sundown)
Location. If you're a first time driver in the US then this resort is perhaps one of the easiest to get too. Outside of the resort, apart from the parks, there are numerous shopping outlets within minutes in the car, a 7-11 for those late night emergency cigarette trips, and a fantastic array of amenities along the main strip of I-drive by the convention centre, (I'd suggest the upside-down house) Plenty of themed restaurants await you, as well as the more traditional places such as McDonalds and Burger King.
All-in-all, this is one of the few places that has something for everyone. Young or old, able bodied or not, you'll have a fantastic time at the fountains. Well worth the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within 54 acres surrounding the serene natural setting of Lake Eve, and located along popular International Drive, The Fountains offers everything you would expect from a world-class resort as well as the convenience of a central location. The Fountains has its own claim to fame- Bluegreen's Wakoola Springs. This 75,000-square-foot tropical oasis sets itself apart from an everyday pool with two water slides*, a zero-entry pool, interactive water fountains, two hot tubs. Cross over the two bridges on the campus and head over to one of two fire circles for evening stargazing and relaxation. With so many on-site amenities for both adults and kids, not to mention the hundreds of attractions in and around Orlando, you'll want to plan an extended stay to fit it all in. Our two-bedroom villas are richly appointed with all the comforts of home—and then some. Most feature a screened balcony overlooking the lake, a fully equipped kitchen and a garden tub. The decor is elegant and tasteful with many focused on water, lake or pool views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Bluegreen Fountains Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orlando Fountains Resort
- Fountains Hotel Orlando
- The Fountains Orlando
- Fountains Florida
- Fountains International Drive
- Fountains Orlando Florida
- Bluegreen Fountains Resort Orlando, Florida