“The Fountains and the paper-thin walls”

Bluegreen Fountains Resort
Ranked #131 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 13 July 2008

The Fountains looked amazing. The resort looked new, a water park was being built and there were lakes on the property. The rooms were decorated nicely and were very clean. The front desk was extremely busy, but the staff was courteous and we were quickly checked-in. We were really impressed with everything we had seen so far. Like others, we're Bluegreen owners, but unlike others, we didn't receive a sales call and we weren't badgered to attend any meetings. That was great, really great.

Now for the not-so-good stuff. We were usually at an area attraction from lunch to late at night each day. Every evening after returning and putting the kids to bed, my wife and I would stay up for a while before going to bed. We'd hear the usual sounds from rooms next door, but we noticed we could understand what was being said. We made note of that and didn't think much about it until my wife went to bed.

I'm a night person so I'm usually up alone until 1:00 each morning reading, watching tv, or scanning the internet (I didn't here because of the cost). On the first night as I was reading, I could hear someone in the room above us use the bathroom - not just the flushing sound, but the sound of urine hitting water followed by the flush. Just about the time the person was finished, I heard the same thing from the room next door. This was soon followed by the same sounds from a third room above me, but to one side.

The next morning, I went to the front desk and reported this. The clerk said that they have never had that complaint before. She checked room availability, but she was not able to move us since there weren't any rooms similar in size for my family. I said that was okay and that I was just passing infomration to her.

Well, the next night, I stayed up and watched tv and the same thing happened, not from all the rooms, but only from the one next door. As I indicated earlier, this wasn't bad or an annoyance, but was kind of humorous. When we checked out, I talked with another clerk about it and he stated that others have complained about thin walls. I told him that I wasn't complaining, but just giving information.

Overall, our stay was good and we'll stay again because of the location to Disney and Seaworld, and the swimming pools, but I think I'll turn-in earlier in the evening to avoid the above scenario. I'd also recommend the Sunshine Resort, we stayed there for three nights before moving to The Fountains for three more nights.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Bluegreen Fountains Resort

Reviewed 7 July 2008

From the time I arrived at The Fountains I fell in love!! When I checked in I told the lady I wanted the newest building and top floor!! She gave me both and the room was great. It was spacious and had a great view. I loved the fact that housekeeping didn't come in our room while we stayed there!! I just don't like the idea of people cleaning up after my family and I while we aren't there!! Once we got settled in the room we called and ask for directions to different places (restaurants, malls, parks). The lady printed them off and we picked them up on the way out. Yeah it is true that they close the pool when it starts lighting but they are looking out for the guests’ safety. When it's just raining or thundering outside the inside pool is still open. They have gas grill outside that is very nice and my husband loved fishing in the stocked pone. The location was very good it took about 10 minutes to get to Magic Kingdom parking lot. There are about 30 restaurants or more right down the road from the resort. Another review I have seen a lot was about the bed sheets not fitting correctly. I didn't have any problem with any of the beds. The room was very clean when I arrived and any time that I asked for something they were knocking on my door within 5 minutes. Yeah I did go to the timeshare meeting or whatever they call it and all I did was say I know my family wouldn't use it. The manager came over asked me did enjoy the Fountains so far and told the lady to sign us out so we can continue our vacation!! If I was ever to go back to Florida I would definitely stay at the Fountains!! I have stayed at many resorts and hotels but this one is definitely in my top 5!!! I would suggest this resort to anyone that is going on a vacation! Hope everyone enjoys it as much as my family and I did :-)

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank denasia_alyssa
Reviewed 29 June 2008

The rooms were great, loved the balcony and the two seperate bed rooms. Awsome decor and living space. But don't expect to be swimming here because every threat of lightning or just a few rain drops is enough to close the pool for hours. I went with my whole family of 18 who loves a great day by the pool and night swimming after dinner. This is seemingly impossible at this hotel. We overheard the pool attendents talking about how they cant wait for it to rain so they can go watch T.V. by the closed wet bar. We would constantly call asking when the pool would reopen telling how it was sunny out. After awhile they started to shorten the time the pool would reopen in. Finaly we called the desk and they said the pools were open, so we went down ready to swim. We found the pool attendents sitting there watching soccer and they told us to leave because the pool was closed. after about 5 mins. of arguing they decided to call in and see if weather or not the pool was open and it was. Needless to say they felt like complete idots for not knowing the pool was actualy open. Another day it was slightly raining when they closed the pool and we called the front desk to ask why, they told us it was raining. We asked if that made it dangerous, they said yes. Then we asked if it was because electricity caried in rain drops they said yes exactly. HA they need to hire some smarter people or just some that speak fluent english. I loved the hotel just wish you could actualy use some of the stuff there. Take my advice, don't go during rain season (June).

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank beachlover020
Reviewed 28 June 2008

We stayed at the Fountains from the 2nd to the 16th June, it was just for the 2 of us and we had a 2 bedroom apartment in Block 2. We looked out over the new pool complex and although other reviews say this, we were never bothered by music or noise at all coming from the pool or the resort itself, it was very quiet.

The Fountains has a great location further down International Drive by Seaworld. We never really used the clubhouse, although it does look very nice, the pool area was fantastic and we did use it, although there was construction going on it is now more painting and finishing touches I think so no real noise, it never bothered us.

We did not attend the time share presentation, nor were we asked to at any time, so this was never an issue for us.

We will certainly return to The Fountains as this is a great resort with fantastic facilities both inside the apartments and around the resort. Would highly recommend a visit.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank fletchie148
Reviewed 28 June 2008

We exchanged our timeshare for 'The Fountains' and was very happy with the site.It is on the quiet end of International Drive , very near a food store,Publix, i think.Also a Outback,and McD.The outlet stores are across the street from McDonalds, which are all about a quarter mile away.The suite had 2 bedrooms and tv area and full kitchen.We were on the 6th floor and had a nice view of fireworks at nite from Disney and Seaworld.The pool was huge and it also had a bar area near it. The grounds were kept up daily.
The staff was helpful for info and they usually had a printout of what you asked for, directions, ect.You can also buy tickets for all the attractions in the lobby.
I was told of a timeshare meeting in morning with breakfast, but we didnt go and was not bothered about it during the week.
It wasnt busy the week we were there because I think most kids were still in school, so we had a very quiet time there.loved it...
FYI, as you drive north , the traffic gets really bad but thats where most of the action is.
We did Cape Kennedy one day and it is a must see...Its only about 36 miles away.And take the bus ride to various sites there, its very interesting.38 dollars for adults, kids ,I dont remember..
mine are on their own now......
We also went to Universal Studios, we had a good time.food was good too.
Overall, we would go back, but theres dozens of places to go, and we are not getting younger.Have a great vacation.......

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank luvfla
Reviewed 24 June 2008

Great two bedroom condo with common area for Orlando stay. If traveling with two couples, you can not beat the value for a high class facility. Great amenities, Nice living room/kitchen with granite counter tops. Also has laundry and tub in master bathroom. All new facility. Even while under construction in April 08, still comfortable. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank vincm98
Reviewed 23 June 2008

We stayed at The Fountains 9th May to 23rd May, we hired a car which we found the easiest way to get to all the theme parks, which were about a 15/20min drive either side of The Fountains, although Sea world, Wet n Wild & Discovery Cove are very close by. We have 2 children 9 yrs & 11yrs old. We found the apartments to be very spacious, clean & comfortable and they were lovely to come home to after a long day spent at the parks. The kids loved having their own room, they had a good sized bedroom with 2 lovely comfy beds & their own tv & a bathroom off their room. We had a lovely sized bedroom with ensuite & a jacuzzi bath in the bedroom. The kitchen was a good size, fully equipped & it was an added bonus having a washing machine & dryer. The new pool is great, the kids loved it on the days we took off from going to the parks & the bar & grill just opened the day we left (bummer!). The Fountains is on the quiet side of International Drive, which we found great after a busy & noisy day at the theme parks. We found the staff to be very helpful, you do have to pay for your room to be cleaned but we didn't find this a problem. We had no sales pitch either, just lots of messages left on the phone about what was happening around the resort. We also made use of the barbeque grills which are all around the resort. There is music played in the new pool, we didn't find this a problem & we couldn't hear it from our apartment, which was in building 8, one of the closest buildings to the pool. My only problem was not having had enough time to spend around this lovely resort! If we ever get to come to Orlando again we would love to come back here.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family