The Fountains looked amazing. The resort looked new, a water park was being built and there were lakes on the property. The rooms were decorated nicely and were very clean. The front desk was extremely busy, but the staff was courteous and we were quickly checked-in. We were really impressed with everything we had seen so far. Like others, we're Bluegreen owners, but unlike others, we didn't receive a sales call and we weren't badgered to attend any meetings. That was great, really great.
Now for the not-so-good stuff. We were usually at an area attraction from lunch to late at night each day. Every evening after returning and putting the kids to bed, my wife and I would stay up for a while before going to bed. We'd hear the usual sounds from rooms next door, but we noticed we could understand what was being said. We made note of that and didn't think much about it until my wife went to bed.
I'm a night person so I'm usually up alone until 1:00 each morning reading, watching tv, or scanning the internet (I didn't here because of the cost). On the first night as I was reading, I could hear someone in the room above us use the bathroom - not just the flushing sound, but the sound of urine hitting water followed by the flush. Just about the time the person was finished, I heard the same thing from the room next door. This was soon followed by the same sounds from a third room above me, but to one side.
The next morning, I went to the front desk and reported this. The clerk said that they have never had that complaint before. She checked room availability, but she was not able to move us since there weren't any rooms similar in size for my family. I said that was okay and that I was just passing infomration to her.
Well, the next night, I stayed up and watched tv and the same thing happened, not from all the rooms, but only from the one next door. As I indicated earlier, this wasn't bad or an annoyance, but was kind of humorous. When we checked out, I talked with another clerk about it and he stated that others have complained about thin walls. I told him that I wasn't complaining, but just giving information.
Overall, our stay was good and we'll stay again because of the location to Disney and Seaworld, and the swimming pools, but I think I'll turn-in earlier in the evening to avoid the above scenario. I'd also recommend the Sunshine Resort, we stayed there for three nights before moving to The Fountains for three more nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within 54 acres surrounding the serene natural setting of Lake Eve, and located along popular International Drive, The Fountains offers everything you would expect from a world-class resort as well as the convenience of a central location. The Fountains has its own claim to fame- Bluegreen's Wakoola Springs. This 75,000-square-foot tropical oasis sets itself apart from an everyday pool with two water slides*, a zero-entry pool, interactive water fountains, two hot tubs. Cross over the two bridges on the campus and head over to one of two fire circles for evening stargazing and relaxation. With so many on-site amenities for both adults and kids, not to mention the hundreds of attractions in and around Orlando, you'll want to plan an extended stay to fit it all in. Our two-bedroom villas are richly appointed with all the comforts of home—and then some. Most feature a screened balcony overlooking the lake, a fully equipped kitchen and a garden tub. The decor is elegant and tasteful with many focused on water, lake or pool views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Bluegreen Fountains Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orlando Fountains Resort
- Fountains Hotel Orlando
- The Fountains Orlando
- Fountains Florida
- Fountains International Drive
- Fountains Orlando Florida
- Bluegreen Fountains Resort Orlando, Florida