My wife and I have just returned from a 10 day stay at the Fountains resort and I am happy to report it was fantastic. We are both nearing 60 and have stayed in Orlando many times before, this Is without doubt the best accommodation we have stayed in.
The apartment we where given was a ground floor, 2 bedroom refurbished, with a lounge and dining area and a complete fully equipped kitchen, complete with washing machine and dryer. The master bedroom had a walk in shower on suite plus in the second bedroom there was also a separate bathroom with a bath and vanity sink and of course the important mirror for makeup and shaving. There where 2 w.c.'s in the apartment one in each bathroom and the second bedroom had 2 double beds plus the usual tv,dresser and wardrobe.
Back to the master bedroom which had a massive double bed complete with a memory foam mattress, which was very comfy and was big enough to sleep three adults, the room also had a 32" flat screen tv, a large wardrobe and dresser and a low modern designer chair and foot stool. There was also a door that allowed you to walk straight onto the porch. The only fought with the location was that the master bedroom looked out straight onto the back path by the lake this was used by everyone to get to the pool so we had to close the curtains most of the time for privacy meaning we had very little natural light.
The rear of the apartment,adjacent to the lounge also had a very nice porch complete with 4 chairs and a table and also an over head fan to help keep you cool. It looked out over a lake with large fountains, it was a very relaxing view. To help prevent the mozzies and small animals i.e. Frogs, Lizards, Roaches,etc from getting to you, there was a fine mettle mesh separating the porch from the outside world. The mesh did seem to keep most things out, although one day a small Lizard did get in, I have know idea how but some how it found its way out again so it didn't cause any problem.
In the living room there was a sofa and a safe, and in the kitchen there was an ironing board plus of course an iron, as well as the regular air conditioning through out there where also over head fans in every room to help keep the whole apartment cool. There is free wi fi in the apartment but the signal did seem to go up and down.
With regard the rest of the complex there are 2 pools, one by the club house which is also partially indoors and a massive one on the other side of the complex that has water shoots , a kids section and even a place to play volley ball. The water temperature was like a warm bath. There is plenty of seating around the pool and there are small little tent like huts that you can hire for privacy and shade.
There are also gas barbecues you can use around the complex so if you fancy getting some burgers ,steaks and sausages and cooking outside you can.
The complex has a gated security entrance and there are always security staff around the complex 24/7 . It's location is about 15 minutes away from the busy end of I Drive so is a little bit more secluded than other places to stay , I would recommend having a car for this reason. You may wish to go out and buy provision and a car is needed for this. Disney is only 15 minutes away by car and the nearest outlet mail is about 10 minutes away.
My only fought with the resort was its lack of business computer facilities that you may require if you have your own company and have to do some work while you are away.
They state they have a business room but it is just a couple of computers that you can use to go online and nothing else.
All in all a fantastic experience all the staff where polite, helpful and friendly and nothing was to much trouble.
Over all a great place to spend a vacation I would defiantly go back and hope to next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within 54 acres surrounding the serene natural setting of Lake Eve, and located along popular International Drive, The Fountains offers everything you would expect from a world-class resort as well as the convenience of a central location. The Fountains has its own claim to fame- Bluegreen's Wakoola Springs. This 75,000-square-foot tropical oasis sets itself apart from an everyday pool with two water slides*, a zero-entry pool, interactive water fountains, two hot tubs. Cross over the two bridges on the campus and head over to one of two fire circles for evening stargazing and relaxation. With so many on-site amenities for both adults and kids, not to mention the hundreds of attractions in and around Orlando, you'll want to plan an extended stay to fit it all in. Our two-bedroom villas are richly appointed with all the comforts of home—and then some. Most feature a screened balcony overlooking the lake, a fully equipped kitchen and a garden tub. The decor is elegant and tasteful with many focused on water, lake or pool views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Bluegreen Fountains Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orlando Fountains Resort
- Fountains Hotel Orlando
- The Fountains Orlando
- Fountains Florida
- Fountains International Drive
- Fountains Orlando Florida
- Bluegreen Fountains Resort Orlando, Florida