“Great place to stay in Orlando”

Bluegreen Fountains Resort
Ranked #133 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
London
“Great place to stay in Orlando”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a 10 day stay at the Fountains resort and I am happy to report it was fantastic. We are both nearing 60 and have stayed in Orlando many times before, this Is without doubt the best accommodation we have stayed in.
The apartment we where given was a ground floor, 2 bedroom refurbished, with a lounge and dining area and a complete fully equipped kitchen, complete with washing machine and dryer. The master bedroom had a walk in shower on suite plus in the second bedroom there was also a separate bathroom with a bath and vanity sink and of course the important mirror for makeup and shaving. There where 2 w.c.'s in the apartment one in each bathroom and the second bedroom had 2 double beds plus the usual tv,dresser and wardrobe.
Back to the master bedroom which had a massive double bed complete with a memory foam mattress, which was very comfy and was big enough to sleep three adults, the room also had a 32" flat screen tv, a large wardrobe and dresser and a low modern designer chair and foot stool. There was also a door that allowed you to walk straight onto the porch. The only fought with the location was that the master bedroom looked out straight onto the back path by the lake this was used by everyone to get to the pool so we had to close the curtains most of the time for privacy meaning we had very little natural light.
The rear of the apartment,adjacent to the lounge also had a very nice porch complete with 4 chairs and a table and also an over head fan to help keep you cool. It looked out over a lake with large fountains, it was a very relaxing view. To help prevent the mozzies and small animals i.e. Frogs, Lizards, Roaches,etc from getting to you, there was a fine mettle mesh separating the porch from the outside world. The mesh did seem to keep most things out, although one day a small Lizard did get in, I have know idea how but some how it found its way out again so it didn't cause any problem.
In the living room there was a sofa and a safe, and in the kitchen there was an ironing board plus of course an iron, as well as the regular air conditioning through out there where also over head fans in every room to help keep the whole apartment cool. There is free wi fi in the apartment but the signal did seem to go up and down.
With regard the rest of the complex there are 2 pools, one by the club house which is also partially indoors and a massive one on the other side of the complex that has water shoots , a kids section and even a place to play volley ball. The water temperature was like a warm bath. There is plenty of seating around the pool and there are small little tent like huts that you can hire for privacy and shade.
There are also gas barbecues you can use around the complex so if you fancy getting some burgers ,steaks and sausages and cooking outside you can.
The complex has a gated security entrance and there are always security staff around the complex 24/7 . It's location is about 15 minutes away from the busy end of I Drive so is a little bit more secluded than other places to stay , I would recommend having a car for this reason. You may wish to go out and buy provision and a car is needed for this. Disney is only 15 minutes away by car and the nearest outlet mail is about 10 minutes away.
My only fought with the resort was its lack of business computer facilities that you may require if you have your own company and have to do some work while you are away.
They state they have a business room but it is just a couple of computers that you can use to go online and nothing else.
All in all a fantastic experience all the staff where polite, helpful and friendly and nothing was to much trouble.
Over all a great place to spend a vacation I would defiantly go back and hope to next year.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a refurbished apartment also if you want to use your balcony for a tan I reco...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
BluegreenCares, Manager at Bluegreen Fountains Resort, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Hello thingy1,

Thank you for staying with us at The Fountains and sharing your experience. We are absolutely thrilled that you had a great stay and found it to be the best accommodations you've had in Orlando. We greatly appreciate your compliments regarding the staff, accommodations, and on-site amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back and sharing happiness next year.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Here's what I put in their feedback survey:

"On check in, which was early evening (around 7pm), I was amazed that reception kept us waiting because it showed on their system that our room was still 'dirty'. Considering the number of rooms available I'm sure they could have found us another. Not a great greeting after 15 hours travelling time.

This is the first time I've stayed in Block 2 and to be honest it fell short of my expectations having stayed in Blocks 3 and 4 as an original Oasis Lakes Owner.
Firstly, the kitchen looks to have been done in a bit of a hurry with cupboard doors not hanging straight and the dishwasher not being secured (trying to open it while locked actually pulls the whole dishwasher out quite easily). There also appears to be paint splashes on the unit by the dishwasher (room 2503).
Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, the dining chairs are so heavy that when you move them they scrape loudly on the stone floor. This is something which kept us awake at night when the folks in the apartment above did it and I'm sure the people below us heard every move we made with the chairs. It truly is a dreadful design and I implore you to change this (try it for yourselves - you'll be surprised how loud it sounds in the apartment below). I would suggest either lighter chairs, carpet in the dining area or felt under the legs of the chairs.
Thirdly, I was disappointed that there was nowhere quiet to relax by either pool. The resort has taken to playing music through dozens of speakers located at every seating point around the pools all day - there's no quiet area or quiet time (even getting to the pool early means I have to listen to the repetitive, loud and incessant 'bird song' that is piped through the speakers). I asked at one point if the music could be turned down but the staff member didn't know how to do it - she was in the activity tent by Wakoola Springs. Considering these days everyone that wants to listen to music has their own mp3 player with headphones, I'm not sure why you felt the need to force everyone to listen to your music by the pool. It would be really appreciated if you could turn a few of the speakers off in one area (a quiet area) or have a quiet time period where nothing is played - perhaps before noon. Combined with the chair scraping I couldn't relax on vacation as much as I would have liked, which is very disappointing."

On top of that, the 'Owner Update' which was supposed to take one hour turned in to a 3.5 hour marathon of hard sales pitch. I said 'no' four times but In the end I paid to rent 9,000 points just so I could leave. AVOID THIS.

There were other issues such as booking a complementary room service which never took place etc etc. Overall, and I've been with BG for over 13 years, not a good experience this time.

Room Tip: Avoid block 2 - it's too noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Richard M
BluegreenCares, Manager at Bluegreen Fountains Resort, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Hello Richard M,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at The Fountains and thank you for submitting your survey. Your feedback as a Bluegreen owner is very important to us. Our goal is to share happiness with all of our owners and guests. We regret to learn of your experience both at the resort and owner update. We kindly ask that you contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com if you wish to share any additional details and to discuss further. Thank you.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We decided to spend the night here to celebrate my best friends birthday and I have to say it was PERFECT! The staff was phenomenal! Special thanks to Jomy- helping us with the best location of our room, Ashley in reservations- She helped get our room available early so we could sneak in and decorate for the birthday girl, Stephanie and Iris in activities who made us feel very special and comfortable all day. Lillian- who was super sweet in helping us with ice for our Cabana, Marcus at the Front Desk, who could forget a guy from Chicago?? LOL who helped with our keys and made our check in smooth! Roberto (I hope that's right, he was working the Front Desk overnight) who allowed us a later check out the next morning.
Last but not least... our wonderful bartenders; Crystal, Laura and Diego!!! they were awesome! Be sure to try the Bahama Mama and mojitos! YUM.

Besides the fact the staff was nice the resort is amazing in itself. Our room was tastefully decorated, we stayed in Building 10 with a pool view. Almost the entire resort has been renovated so no matter where you stay, your room is sure to be nothing short of spectacular. The hallways had a very fresh smell to them and our room was spotless! Although we didn't get to meet the rest of the staff, they have some great folks who work behind the scenes to keep it this great.

Room Tip: Rent a Cabana at Wakoola Springs pool! It is great to have shade and privacy when you need it from t...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank klh0376
BluegreenCares, Manager at Bluegreen Fountains Resort, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Hello klh0376,

Thank you for sharing your experience at The Fountains. We are thrilled we were able to share happiness on a special occasion. We appreciate your compliments regarding all of the staff and the resort property. We hope to welcome you back on your next getaway.
West Palm Beach
Reviewed 29 September 2013

The Bluegreen Fountains Resort is an oasis away from home. It has all the amenities, festivities, and awesome staff that is professional and courteous to all who stays there. The apartments designs are beautiful and welcoming. My husband and I believe we made the best investment ever for our future travel plans. I recommend to anyone who is looking for an awesome investment to get more than your money worth. The Blue green Fountains Resort is it!

Room Tip: The rooms facing the pool leading out to open areas is beautiful to see at night
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Helen D
BluegreenCares, Manager at Bluegreen Fountains Resort, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Hello Helen D,

Thank you for sharing your kind words regarding your recent stay at The Fountains. We are delighted that you had a great time and found the accommodations beautiful and welcoming. Thanks for your comments on the amenities, activities, and the courteous staff. We appreciate the recommendation and look forward to sharing happiness with you again on your next visit from South Florida.
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Where should I start? OMG! This resort is amazing! I spent a week here and only left once and that was to go grocery shopping. The condos are gorgeous and very modern. Rooms are very spacious and beds are extremely comfortable. The staff is very friendly and well educated. There are so many things that you can do at this resort. If you are not into spending much money at the theme parks, I will definitely recommend staying at this resort. There are activities for each day of your trip. Be sure to get your daily activity brochure from the activities desk located in the clubhouse. There are activities such as Bingo, Karaoke, Bonfire sing-a-long and s'mores by the lake, Aqua Zumba, raft races etc. There are activities for every age of the family. The food at the restaurants is a bit pricey but it is DEFINITELY worth it. I cooked during my stay. Another great choice is the onsite Dominos Pizza. THE POOL! The pools and sauna was great! The pools are huge and gives everyone space so you do not have to worry about it being overcrowded unless traveling during the summer time. There is a mini water park area for the kids, family slide, pool volleyball and basketball, etc. At the activities desk, you are able to check out dominoes, twister, jenga, uno, monopoly, etc. The resort in entirety is phenomenal. I will unquestionably be back in December! I cannot wait! I think I have finally found my Orlando vacation spot :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Shauna20
Hello Shauna20,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us at The Fountains. We are absolutely thrilled that you had such a great time. We appreciate your comments regarding the activities and amenities as it will be helpful for future guests to know that there is so much to do on property when not using the resort as a jumping off point for the theme parks. We are happy you found the accommodations spacious and comfortable and the staff to be very friendly and knowledgable. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Fountains in December and sharing happiness.
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2013

My wifes parents own a 2 week timeshare here which we use every year. I have only been to Florida twice but we are returning in may for my third.

This resort is insane, there is so much to do here with the two pools, basketball court and the lake also the amusements for the kids (adults).

The apartments are very clean and have everything you need for your stay! the prices are very reasonable and affordable.

The resort is just a 5 - 10 minute drive away from everything you need on international drive. I would highly reccomend staying here for a great holiday to Orldano. We can't wait to return and are counting down the days until we stay at this fantastic location!

Room Tip: The higher the better! In the block that faces directly onto the Lake!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Ryan H
Hello Ryan H,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at The Fountains. We are delighted that you enjoyed the accommodations and the convenient location. We appreciate your comments on the plethora of activities and amenities available at the resort. We look forward to welcoming you back and sharing happiness on your next holiday in Orlando.
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We just got back yesterday from staying at the Fountains. Really enjoyed our stay, very nice place. People were friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel. We stayed in Bldg 3 on the 6th floor. We had a 3 br very spacious, clean and beautiful.

Room Tip: Building 3 was close to the clubhouse. Nice swimming pool & pond. Not close to the big pool wi...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Debra H
Hello debrahun,

Thank you for staying with us at The Fountains and sharing your thoughts. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. We appreciate your compliments regarding the unit and staff as it is our goal to provide outstanding accommodations and service. Thank you for the recommendation and we hope to share happiness with you again at The Fountains.