“RESORT NICE / PRESENTATION NOT SO MUCH”

Bluegreen Fountains Resort
Ranked #148 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The property is nice stayed here for 4 days 3 nights with the presentation (90-120 min) required which we attended. Check in a little slow, room was nice no issues, Grills at our building starter was broken on both had to manually light the grill. Didn't attend any activities but they seemed to have alot going on within the resort. Washer/Dryer in suite was small but not an issue for us. If you are going with the presentation as part of your stay requirement you will need to anticipate 3+ hours (ours lasted 3 hrs 10 minutes) for required attendance not the 90-120 minutes they advertise, no way to provide everything covered in the time they advertise. Everyone is nice and personable until they put the price breakdown in front of you and you indicate your not interested, problems we experienced were the interest rate (16.99%) was ridiculous (we have Credit Cards with lower interest rates) and the cost was excessive in our view. We told the salesman and his sales assoicate "NO" 4 times before they let us go, the last 2 times were very firm "NO" and realized things were going south quickly so they escorted us to our promised gifts which turned out to be exactly what we signed up for and had no issues beyond that point. Overall the resort was nice and fit our needs while we visited, we were pre-destined not to purchase a timeshare (personal preference) and only bought in and agreed to the presentation was the fact we were planning to vacation in Orlando and this was a cost effective way (overall) to do this and stay somewhere nice, they offered and we accepted.

9  Thank charles k
BluegreenCares, Manager at Bluegreen Fountains Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Hello charles k,

Thank you for reviewing your experience at The Fountains. We are delighted you had a nice stay, and the resort fit your needs. We regret to learn you did not have a positive experience during the sales presentation. We hope you will consider a return visit to the resort.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,723)

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We planned a family 60th Anniversary trip to celebrate my parents anniversary. My parents live in Orlando and went to see the property before reservations were made..they were taken around the resort saw a room and its was really nice...so my mom booked in for March 24-30th. When we arrived to check in were sent to a resort Lake Eve next to the Fountains which Bluegreen purchased. We got to our room which was ok...started making some dinner didn't have enough silverware, plates, cups or pots and pans. Later that evening we were all going to bed and the guest bedroom carpet was soaking wet from the closet to the bed. It was to late to call for maintenance so in the morning we called. Someone from maintenance came looked at it and said he would check it out later as someone was in the room above us (never did see him again). My parents went on the timeshare tour and told the salesman about our room...he made arrangements to have us moved to another room as we had small children with us and the smell from the wet carpet was terrible. When we got the the new room...again not enough items in the kitchen for everyone in our party...no lightbulbs in the lights in the livingroom or guest bedroom...the air conditioner did not work we set it went to bed and woke up freezing in our room...we set the temp at 77 as again we had children in our room ..we we woke the temp was 70. We asked for a broom to sweep the floor in the dining area and kitchen but never got one..the rooms didn't even have a vacuum to sweep the floor. The pool areas were beautiful. We were all disappointed that we were not at the Fountains where we had booked. We had met several other people with the same situation and they also were upset that they were put at Lake Eve. We made the best of the situation but would probably never stay there again. We have always stayed at Vistana and will go back there for future trips to Orlando.

4  Thank Cindy Z

Hello Cindy Z,

Thank you for choosing The Fountains Resort to celebrate your parents' 60th anniversary. We regret to learn our resort did not live up to your expectations. We strive to provide our guests with exceptional accommodations that allow for a convenient and carefree vacation experience. We would like to further discuss your particular concerns. Please contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stayed last week in building 7 on the 7th floor. We arrived late so check in was a breeze and quick. We got to our condo and were pleased with how clean and the new renovations were very appreciated. Since it was so late we quickly called it a night. Within minutes of putting our heads on the pillows we started to hear a dripping and "ker-plunk" noise. It wouldn't let up ALL NIGHT. It was coming from in the wall behind one of the beds. We called 1st thing the next morning and were told they would send someone up by 8 am. We had plans to be at Disney by 9 am but it is a short drive away so 8 am was fine. 8:45 rolls around and we had to call a 2nd time. They said no one could come right then but someone would sometime during the day. We had to scoot but when we returned in the evening it was obvious no one had visited the room and the dripping was still an issue. We called the desk again (8ish pm) and were told someone would be right up. We all ended up falling asleep at some point during our wait. at 10:50 pm my 11 yr old woke me up in a panic because he heard a man saying "hello" in our condo and could hear someone walking around. I hurried out of the room to see a man standing in the entrance way with the door standing wide open. It was the maintenance man but I assure you that scared the living daylights out of us that someone could just come in like that - rest assured we had the chain lock on from that point on! The noise had briefly stopped so the worker said he would just come back the next morning. We insisted he stay because it would start back up soon, and it did. He heard it and agreed it is beyond annoying. He went up on the roof and banged around above our room until almost midnight and the dripping only got worse. We never heard back from him and when we checked out 2 days later the front desk was no help nor concerned about the noise and the lack of follow up. This is the 8th or 9th bluegreen property I've stayed in as my mom is an owner and this lack of care was a first I've ever encountered. Our only other gripe which is trivial compared to the dripping noise night after night would be do not waste your money on renting fishing poles. I paid nearly $21 so the kids could fish and 40 minutes later we turned the poles back in. The lily pads extend so far out in to the pond/lake that your lines just get wound up and caught time after time. The high number of broken lines and bobbers stuck around the lily pads tells others have had the same problem. The grounds are well maintained but the outdoor pool was FREEZING and the water slides close at 6pm so we didn't get to spend much time around the pools. The upside to staying here is it really is close to everything.

3  Thank dpchurch1975

Hello dpchurch1975,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at The Fountains Resort. We are happy you were pleased with our renovated accommodations. We regret to learn of the maintenance related issue you experienced. We thank you for bringing this to our attention and apologize that this was not resolved in a more timely manner. We will certainly be looking further in to this. We welcome you to contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com if you would like to provide additional details. We hope to see you at a Bluegreen resort soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I am totally shocked at some of the negative reviews. I checked our Bluegreen acct & this was our 11th stay @ The Fountains since 2004. [I didn't realize had been that many, lol!] Never had a negative experience or less than favorable accommodations. Staff has always been very attentive, helpful & professional. Some of the neg reviews just do not describe the Fountains I am familiar with so please read through several reviews before discounting this fabulous place.

Our last stay we splurged for the pres suite. And, just WOW! 3 bedrooms [2 kings, 2 doubles], 3 huge bathrooms, gourmet kitchen, hardwood floors, entertainment room, screened balcony with summer kitchen complete with grill & outdoor table [I watched Epcot fireworks from balcony]. Nice view of resort pool area. Grounds are immaculate. The masterbath had jet tub [big enough for 2] with it's own TV mounted on wall [ha!], huge walk-in 3 showerhead shower/spa, I could go on & on. Many more goodies. Plenty of room to spread out with 6 TVs so everybody can have own space. We rented a scooter for my elderly mother to use at the parks & it was delivered to concierge. We drove it straight in elevator up to room each night to re-charge & still had massive amount of space. I can't say enough good things. My pitiful amateur photos do not do it justice. I made a video but I don't think I can link it here. If anyone is interested in seeing a video of pres suite, contact me & I will be happy to forward it. If you have chance to book pres suite, you will be spoiled FOR LIFE!! :)

Room Tip: If a pres suite available, go for it. You will not regret it!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
10  Thank phall007

Hello phall007,

Thank you for returning once again to The Fountains and sharing your Presidential Suite experience. Your feedback as a Bluegreen owner is very important to us. We are thrilled you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and thank you for the compliments regarding the resort and staff. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and share happiness on your next visit.

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Coming to the property the feel is high rise condominium community with at least seven buildings maybe more. Fortunately the check in lady graciously placed us in their best building. The pool was large and fun for the kids. The road noise of international drive was too much to keep the windows open so we ran the air system. We appreciated the kitchen and being close to wholefoods. This unit had a clothes washer and dryer too! So because of all the amenities, I give it 'very good'.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Reigner
BluegreenCares, Manager at Bluegreen Fountains Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Hello Reigner,

Thank you for staying with us at The Fountains and sharing your experience. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. We appreciate your compliments regarding the unit and staff as it is our goal to provide outstanding accommodations and service. We hope to share happiness with you and your family again at The Fountains.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I stayed at this resort in mid- March for a business trip. I arrived at the hotel at 1:45 PM, and was told that my room wasn't ready. I said OK no problem, and went to eat and lay out by the pool.I left my luggage with the staff so I didnt have to carry it around all day until my room was ready...it was strange though because the room was unattended and they let me back there twice by myself without even checking who I was or checking to see if I had a luggage ticket or not..I could have stolen anyones bags...this has me very worried..do NOT LEAVE your luggage there..three out of the four staff were texting and talking on their cell phones and barely looked up when you asked a question..

I was told that I would recieve a phone call from the housekeeping staff to let me know when my room was ready. One hour passed by, two hours..three hours..four hours...I called the front desk twice and both times they said that my room still wasn't ready and that housekeeping would call me. It was now 6:00PM (over 4 hours of waiting) and I went to the front desk again as I still hadnt recieved a phone call. When I got to the desk, the lady said "Oh your keys were here at 5:30, why didnt you come pick them up?". Really...I didnt recieve a phone call I told her...and instead of apologizing..she said well that happens from time to time and then went back on her computer..so I took my keys and walked away..I had to now cancel my business dinner because I was given my room so late..even though I let the staff know twice what time my dinner was and if they could hurry my room up..But at this point I still didnt let this affect my mood.

I went to my room (newly renovated) which was quite nice. I called for a taxi (at the concierge desk). It was a blonde woman (looked maybe in her 20s or 30s) who ordered it for me (as I later found out when I went downstairs) and she said it would be down in 15 minutes, so to head to the main lobby now. So I went, arriving exactly 15 minutes later. I went to her and she said that yes, she had ordered the cab, but would call again to see where he was. I walked away but turned around after hearing her speak to the cab company..it sounded like she was just ordering it now..so I went up to her after she got off the phone and asked if she had even ordered it the first time..and she said of course she did (she looked very irritated)..the entire time i was speaking to her she was texting on her cell phone and laughing with her coworkers and talking about some guy..I have never experienced anything so unprofessional in my life..I then waited another half hour for my cab.
When the cab came I asked him if they had called him twice and why it took so long..and he said no that she had only called once ..so in total I waited 45 minutes and had that woman lie to my face..
The next day I called and asked for some bandages to be delivered to my room..the lady said sure that it will take about ten minuties..an hour and a half passed by so I called downstairs again to ask if they were coming soon with the bandages as I had to leave soon to see some clients and the lady said "oh who did you speak to?" and I said it was a woman but i didnt know her name and so her reply was "oh sorry then I cant help you"...I said umm ok well can you order me bandages then? and she sighed and said that she would look into it..I finally did get them just as an FYI..

The resort and pools were lovely..no complaints with the facilities..food was ok..nothing special..just pub food at the bar...if you are going to stay here..buy your own groceries...or go out to a restaurant for dinner...breakfast is okay..inexpensive and youve got all the basics...

But I have literally never experienced such unprofessionalism in my entire life..and I travel many times throughout the year for both business and pleasure..and the ABSOLUTE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE from all of the staff at the front desk and concierge desk.. I will never forget that as long as I live..I have never written a review on trip advisor because I am not one to complain..I am very easy going..but when you have to deal with staff who could not care less your ENTIRE trip..it really gets to you by the end..
IF you are trying to select where to stay..do not stay here..you will end up frustrated and upset your entire trip..and you will be doing a lot of waiting....I would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
8  Thank Daniela P

Hello Daniela P,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at The Fountains. At Bluegreen, we aim to share happiness with all of our guests and provide outstanding accommodations and service. We regret to learn that this was not your experience. We would like to invite you to contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com to discuss your comments further. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

This is the 2nd time we stayed here. The resort is clean and well maintained. The 2-bedroom villa we stayed is spacious and has the dinner and kitchen wares you'll need. It has master bedroom has king size bed with a full bath. The 2nd room has 2 queen-size beds with common full bath. There are outdoor grills and outdoor fire pits to warm you up on cool summer nights. The outdoor pool and the clubhouse pool are clean with food and beverages available in the bar. This resort is near the Disney and Universal Theme parks as well as the Sea World. Major shopping centers (Prime Outlet) and restaurants are nearby. Publix, Costco and Walmart Supercenter are few miles away. It is close to I-4 which could take you easily to downtown Orlando in the east or Tampa/Clearwater in the west if you want to go to the beach. The staff are friendly and helpful. Would come back again.

Room Tip: Rooms close to the outdoor pool would be nice. Rooms at the first floor would be a good preference.
3  Thank RAUL A

Hello RAUL A,

Thank you for sharing your experience at The Fountains. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the perfect location and were able to easily take advantage of the many area attractions that Orlando has to offer. We appreciate the compliments regarding the accommodations and amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Orlando.