“Very Nice”

Bluegreen Fountains Resort
Ranked #132 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I am an owner at Bluegreen and this was our first stay at the Fountains and it was very nice. We had a two bedroom unit and enjoyed our time there very much. The grounds are very clean and the pool was great.

3  Thank Jason P
BluegreenCares, Manager at Bluegreen Fountains Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Hello Jason P,

Thank you for your review of The Fountains Resort. We are happy you found the accommodations comfortable and had a good time by the pool areas. We truly appreciate your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We spent 7 days/6 nights at the Fountains. My husband and I shared a room with our young daughter and my in-laws stated in the master bedroom. Each bedroom had a bathroom and there was plenty of space in the bedrooms. We utilized the kitchen and appreciated the cookware and dinnerware. We saved a lot of money by being able to cook our own food. We requested clean towels each day and they were delivered within a few minutes. We spend a lot of time at the pool. I could have spent the entire week in the pool! All of the staff we encountered were friendly and courteous. There were a lot of things to do on-site, but we were there for the theme parks and didn't get to experience them. We had no pressure to buy into the resort. The grounds are kept immaculate. Security and maintenance staff was visible throughout the resort. The only negative things I can say are that some of the desk staff were difficult to understand over the phone and the filters in our room really needed to be cleaned. Overall, this was a clean, quiet, and beautiful resort!

Hello LiveLoveShop,

We are thrilled you found The Fountains Resort great for families! We are glad our accommodations were spacious and well-equipped, and that you made good use of the pool area. We appreciate your compliments about our staff, along with the feedback you have provided. We hope you will consider returning soon!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We had 3 rooms reserved at this resort. Trying to check in was a nightmare, you might as well be waiting to get on a ride in Disney !. There were two agents at the front desk that were trying to check in 20+ people that were all waiting in a queue. One of the agent was leaned over the front-desk and was talking to a guest about personal things for a long time while the queue got larger. I did see a few agents come in from the back office, and they just walked away after they saw how many people were trying to check in !. No sense of urgency or care !. After a good hour, we were checked in. Each building has I believe over 100+ units, and they had two elevators but only one that was working . The staff uses the same elevator to clean the rooms so another hour later we were in the room. One of our room was not clean and the other room that was clean had hair all over the shower floor. They had to move us to a clean room. Once all settled in, we went to the Clubhouse only to see a sign that it's closed for renovation !. This resort charges you $12.00 a day for " Resort Fees" and they shouldn't if the main part of the resort area in closed !. We had someone come in our room at 09:30am saying that we need to leave asap as they need to clean the room for the next guest !. ( Check out is suppose to be at 11:00am) . Then trying to check out was a big hassle. The one elevator that was working was used by the cleaning staff that were using it to bring linen and supplies to the rooms. On every floor there were people waiting to go downstairs. It took us over an hour to bring our bags downstairs. We saw an sweet old lady in tears on our floor waiting for an hour to go downstairs and she could not use the stairs like we did as she had a walker !. Their main goal at this resort is to harass you in taking a time share tour although we were not there for that ans had paid full price for the rooms !. Not at all what we expected !.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room that is renovated and not the old rooms or rooms that they give away free f...
3  Thank Tropical105

Hello J P,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Fountains Resort. We regret to learn that our resort fell short of your expectations. We apologize for the delay you experienced at check-in and check-out. We are committed to the highest standards of quality and cleanliness. We would like to further discuss your particular concerns. Please contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com. Thank you.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Well, there are several points of view for a stay at this resort. One could be as a guest and recipient of the Bluegreen offer to stay for a modest amount $$ as long as we attended to a 3 hours sales meeting. The other could be a owner of the vacation system and the last would probably be as a paid guest of the resort with no interest in promotions, discounts , etc. We (family of 4 adults and 1 kid) stayed at the Resort between August 6-10,2014 (room 5209). We participated in the promotion and attended the sales meeting. If your interest in reading this review is about the quality of the resort, accommodations and what to expect; here is my summary:

This is the real deal, this huge real estate comes with everything you'd like for a vacation of your life, whether with or without children. The attention from front desk to the kind service around is a stamp of the value. We stayed at double room suite. Full kitchen with all hardware you have at home ( if you are interested in getting some cooking done). Washer & dryer, which we actually used and found very cool extra. Coffee maker, dishwasher, microwave,full-sized fridge, Three flat TVs, one each room plus the living room. Everything seemed and felt clean. I would totally stay here again or at another property like this from this Resort.

If you have questions or doubts about the tedious sales meeting you heard about; let me tell you that working in sales from long time Is difficult to find such a good, proper and professional sales team like this. Lets be honest, there are there for one and only one purpose and you have to know that before you even board your plane to FL but this doesn't this people are jumping at you like hawks or anything like that. As a matter of fact, they have an awesome product to sell and the know it. It doesn't work like that when you try to sell @&$)?? And you know it.

Having cover those two aspects, me and my wife were unable to buy given some financial strains but we thank BlueGreen Resorts and specially the Sales Team Manager, Frank for his professionalism and incredible determination in looking for ways to make it work for us. Our stay at this hotel was part of a planned visit to Theme parks therefore we wished we could have spent more time at the actual resort; you can plan vacationing just by checking in and not moving from the property as they have all-day long activities available to guests and owners. Pools are amazing and one of several is heated if you are planning something during winter. Note! There is not room keeping service but if you require changing towels and/or sheets just making a call to front desk will take care of it. Free parking and wifi available at no extra charge.

We would definitely stay here again, even if I have to pay full-value for the room we stayed at. I can't forget to mention we received our offered monetary compensation after attending the sales meeting. After completing and agreeing in our decision, no questions asked.

Room Tip: This resort is a large property, therefore some of the buildings might be few minutes walk from the...
1  Thank pedrodo

Hello pedrodo,

Thank you for sharing your positive review for The Fountains Resort. We appreciate your generous compliments regarding our accommodations and amenities. We are thrilled to hear that you would love to return and would be delighted to welcome you again in the future!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Before I go into much detail, this resort was beautiful. The amenities were great, the guests were funny and entertaining, the staff was readily available to your every need and question... HOWEVER, let's go into more detail.

The Good:
The pool... the pool... the POOL! I really stayed in the pool all week (5 days 4 night trip) to The Fountains. There were three pools available to us and I visited each one every day. The room was amazing, extremely spacious full kitchen, large bathroom and I really enjoyed the balcony. The kitchen came equipped with every pot/pan/utensil you would need as well as complimentary popcorn, teas, and coffee.

The bellman was extremely sweet and put our clothes away in the closets for us...gave him a large tip because I have never had such great service before. The check in staff was a nice lady named... Lady and she was amazing. The taxes and deposit was not that much and the deposit was back on my card in two days.

Another feature I enjoyed about the hotel was the accessibility to the other side of the resort. There is a pathway from the pool where I stayed to the larger area with the clubhouse, the pond, and Wakiki Springs. I LOVED this, but.. I will go into detail later about why I also disliked this seclusion.

All in all, an amazingly beautiful hotel... with amazing staff and wonderful activities for guest.

The Bad:
I really disliked the seclusion from the Bluegreen Owners. We stayed in a separate building (building 1) which was on a different lot from the actual resort. My friend and I figured this was because we were not a member, but it made us feel uncomfortable. Secondly, I really disliked the extra effort it took to come into our building's parking lot. We had to go up a few yards, make a U-turn and then pull in as oppose to the other side who could go in quickly. This is not that big of a deal, but with such a busy street accidents were bound to happen and it is not really safe. This could be improved a great deal.

The part that really TICKED me off was the timeshare presentation manager. We had a great timeshare host, Chris D., who provided the best and most fun experience I could have imagined and was very good-looking as well (ha!). The presentation itself was done by Chad, who is one of the most funniest men I have ever met and enjoyed it. Now, I was insulted to say the least by the inventory manager who made me feel uncomfortable and flat out made it seem because I was African American woman I could not afford this product... which is not true at all. I was sold on the property and really enjoyed myself with Chris until he came around. At first, he was very nice and cordial but once we declined, his true feelings came out. This man was downplaying teacher salaries (my mother is a teacher and he stated that she does not make enough to take her children on a vacation during the summer...) as well as disrespected my friend who is a hairdresser. He made it seem like because I was offered this promotional vacation deal at a discounted price that it is my fault they are having to dish out a certain amount of funding to have me stay here. I would have had no problem paying full price if it meant that much to his little commission...

We understand that sales is a pretty intense process, but do not ever insult me like that. Because of the respect I received from Mr. Thomas and Chris D. I will leave the name out of the review, but it really was not a great look if you were trying to earn my money as a member. I cannot speak on everyone else's experience and I will not nor will I tell you all not to go to it and see what it is about because you should. This was just my experience which led me not to become an owner.

Overall, the hotel in itself was the best part of my vacation. Everything was great and clean. The pools were wonderful and you will definitely have a great time swimming and relaxing. I didn't visit the arcade or much of the clubhouse to speak on it so I cannot give you much information about that. As far as the timeshare, I will leave that to you because not all of them are like this and they do deserve a chance... just not with me.

Room Tip: There's not much of a tip to add... everything about my stay was great no matter where I was pla...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Latoya J

Hello Latoya J,

Thank you for taking the time to share this detailed feedback regarding your stay at The Fountains Resort. We are delighted you found our resort beautiful, our amenities great and our staff prompt and helpful. It sounds like you had a great time enjoying the pool area. We are glad our condo-style accommodations were a convenience. We appreciate the feedback you have provided, and regret to learn where your experience fell short. We would like to follow up with you regarding your experience at the timeshare presentation, as we strive to educate guests of the benefits of ownership in the most pleasant manner possible. Please contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We spent 6 days at the Fountains in Orlando. We had 6 people in our group, 2 adults, 2 teens, 2 pre-teens. The pools are great. Lots of activities for the kids. Overall a great resort for the family.

The kids made tie dye t-shirts which they loved. Painted coconut shells, lined danced, & got snow cones. All this offered right at the resort pool. Activity staff at and around the pool were great and the kids had a great time. One thing to skip is the arcade area of the clubhouse. Most of the machines didn't work correctly and the kids were disappointed when they lost their money. The staff at the arcade area had an 'oh well' attitude about the arcade machines not working.

The downside was the check-in. We're resort owners and should have been able to walk up to the counter and pick up our keys - no waiting (per our owners perks - plus there was supposed to be a sign to welcome owners by name -- didn't see any 'sign' of that).

Instead the check-in process took 2 1/2 hours. The staff told us the computers had 'just frozen'. We found out the computers had been down for at least 5 hours. Our room was supposed to already have been assigned but they had to scramble to find us a room then ended up moving us to a different room. The first batch of room keys didn't work so we had to drive back to the check-in desk. Turned out the keys had been programmed for a different room.

The room itself was nice overall. We were supposed to have a jacuzzi type tub in the master suite but it looked like it had been removed at some time. There was a very large stain on the master bedroom carpet and the toilet seat in the master bathroom was too small and slid off the toilet every time someone used it.

The second bathroom didn't have any shampoo in it so we had to run to the store to get some. There also was a shortage of chairs at the dining table. We booked the room for 6 people and even though the table was large enough for 6 people to sit at, there were only 4 chairs. I called to see if I could get 2 additional chairs so we could all sit down together to have our meals, but the service staff said they didn't have extra chairs. This seemed extremely strange for a resort so large. No spare dining room chairs?? I'd give them a D minus on this one. If a family books a room for 6 people then there should be enough chairs to sit down at the table so we could all eat together.

We called for fresh towels about day 3. They brought fresh towels but said they didn't have enough to exchange all of them. Again - what's the deal. This resort is huge and they can't provide a change of towels for everyone in the party. Another D minus since no one ever returned to bring us the missing clean towels. By this time I got the impression that the housekeeping staff was either lazy or didn't care at all about the comfort of the guests.

So, all in all, great resort for family activities. Don't expect much of anything from the house keeping staff or the check-in staff.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Denise B

Hello Denise B,

Thank you for staying at The Fountains Resort. We are delighted you found the pools great, and that your children enjoyed our on-site activities. However, we regret to learn where your experience fell short. We apologize for the complications you experienced during check-in, and the issues with our accommodations. We would like to further discuss your particular concerns. Please contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com. Thank you.

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Where do I begin?
They never could find our registration. The front desk stated it was because we are RCI. Funny bc we are Bluegreen owners.
They put us in building 8. I have stayed in as nice of rooms at Motel 6 when I was younger.
We called to complain and we're told on our second day...oops, no one told you about the vacation welcoming packet either and you have a owner update meeting. We went and I vented bc Noone during our first orientation or bounce back told us that resorts or time shares are actually for low end clientele and they don't provide maid services during your stay. You vacation at time shares so you can still wash your own dishes, make your own beds and take out your own trash. Because we weren't told at check in about our packet, we lost about $100 not purchasing our tickets to Universal with them. They never would remove our towels even when asked about 5 times to do so and finally threatening bodily harm. We got stuck in the elevator at 11 Pm. The club house was closed. No up scale restaurants on site. In fact, no restaurant on site. They would never call back as promised to resolve a problem except on time. They promised to move us to building #1 for at least one night but sales never called to confirm. The hotel or "resort" stated they don't put owners in building #1 and that the Blugreen sales office promises in the building just across the street cannot be honored by them bc they don't communicate. Also I guess building 1 is nice so they don't put owners there only new recruits they are trying to scam. The same person never calls back and never knows what you explained to the previous person. They can't even get the drinks right at the bar. I could literally go on forever. Don't use their taxi/shuttle company they recommend. They are rude and late and one driver yelled at me.
I have some choice words for the resort and it's lack of caring and service. I am angry and tired of being lied to and promised something without delivery. Do not stay here!!!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Joel B

Hello Joel B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Fountains Resort. We regret to learn of your disappointing experience. We would like to further discuss your particular concerns at your earliest convenience. Please contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com. Thank you.