“Good for the price and location”
Review of Heart of I-Drive

Heart of I-Drive
Ranked #295 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We stayed her over Labor Day weekend not expecting anything outrageous. Beds and pillows were rather comfortable. The room was clean and neat, fridge in the room and coffee maker. We were mainly in the room to sleep and change, it's Orlando, if you are staying in yoru room, then I dont know what you are doing in Orlando! Didn't visit the pool so cannot comment on it.
Staff was friendly and accomodating.
AGain we thought it was great value for the money.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Audreybella

Reviewed 15 August 2012

We stayed here one night. Great location for Universal studios. Rooms are basic, you get what you pay for! A little noisy but worth compromising for location on I Drive. Really close to wet and wild and very short drive to the parks. Loads of restaurants and cinema in close proximity.

Room Tip: Not street facing rooms
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hotelstayer06
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We stayed 2 nights. Great service at front desk. 2 girls were helpful and so sweet. Location was good, middle of downtown that provided complimentary shuttle. Rooms were clean but was dark and dreary. Hotel overall needs updating.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 28 July 2012

You must put this renovated motel in context. It is amongst the cheapest accommodation in Orlando. We would not have considered anything in this price bracket for ourselves, but we were meeting a large family who had already booked there.

I think we were lucky. There are literally dozens of motels in this price bracket along International Drive. They are not any cheaper than the Travelodge but many will not have been renovated in years. Our room was a newly renovated king room. By luck or design our room was an accessible one so we had a large shower rather than an over the tub one. There were adequate if thin towels and there were toiletries if unbranded ones. The furniture was new and the bed comfortable. The ac worked fine as did the fridge. Someone had stolen the batteries from the safe, but reception gave us new ones and then it worked fine.

There is a small but very clean pool for cooling off after a day at the theme parks and the staff are friendly and smiling if tired and overworked.

The location is good if you want to walk to restaurants. There is a Chili's and a TGI Fridays close by as well as numerous fast food outlets. Every branded restaurant you could name has an outlet within 5 minutes drive yet we were never troubled by noise in our three night stay.

This hotel is basic, clean, friendly and in a busy location close to Wet &Wild on International Drive. I think it represents good value and is ideal for families on a very tight budget who want somewhere to sleep close to the action.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank English-Exile
Reviewed 16 July 2012

DAY 1 - This property promotes the fact that it is newly renovated and it was. But after checking in and heading to the 3rd floor room the first thing that I noticed was the strong hydraulic oil order in the elevator. Seems they forgot to renovate that then they did the building.

When I entered the room - which by the way was very clean - I went to put my cold food in the mini fridge but, it was off. I checked the power cord and turned down the thermostat but the unit was just not working. After a call to the front desk, a few hours later another fridge was delivered but my food was now warm.

DAY 2 - Up in the morning getting dressed for a trade show at the convention center. Needed to dry my hair ASAP. But, the blow dryer was missing. A call to the front desk and an hour later they brought a dryer. Switched it on but after five minutes it started to smell like an electrical short and just before I could turn it off - it caught fire!

DAY 3 - Long day at the show and all I needed was a good nights sleep! Out like a light by 10pm but up at 1am - the air conditioner is blowing hot air. A call to the front desk - "sorry, no one from maintenance here tonight!" Arrrrg!! So after another hour or so of sweating in bed I went down to the front desk and demanded a second room - and no I am not moving my things out of the old room!

I was never so happy to get out of a hotel as I was that day but just to cap things off - when I got into that smelly elevator - I nearly gagged from the excessive perfume they poured in it to mask the hydrolic smell! I had to hold my breath down three floors!

Not a bad place, just a real hassle to stay there!

Room Tip: Make sure you check all of the appliances before you settle in!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
3  Thank ecoguides
Reviewed 13 July 2012

What i wnat to say about my title?, when you pay low, you better be carefull because sometimes is sinonimus of low quality BUT, this is not the case here.

1- LOCATION IS GREAT, international drive is nice spot for lot of restaurant and amenities for children and adults as well as shopping.

2- Hotel is well cared, is not the ultimate luxury one, but for the price is lot more than good.

3- I like the customer support and the walking store inside hotel, it helps many last hour issues.

overall, hotel is good, price is excelent, location is great, customer service is pretty good and keem to help. what else? that it does not include breakfast? c´mon, go out and grab whatever but keep this hotel at this price and commodity.

Room Tip: I likes upper rooms facing International drive, but you can have those in the back that will isolate...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2012

These rooms are right in the heart of international dr. Easy access to attractions.. There are plenty of things to do right outside the door. Putt putt. CSI. Titanic. Eateries.... I'd stay here again. Its cheap and on the main drag...

• Stayed: March 2012