“GREAT value and comfortable accommodations”
Review of Heart of I-Drive

Heart of I-Drive
Ranked #293 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed at Travelodge one night for a business conference. We travel frequently to Orlando on business trips and usually stay at a resort nearby, but we didn't make our reservation in time. In looking last minute for an adequate place to stay, we wanted to find a room that wasn't too far from the conference, would be sufficiently comfortable to get some rest, was close to a variety of restaurants and was close to the interstate. Travelodge met all these needs and surprisingly was more comfortable than we expected. The exterior of the hotel didn't look renovated as advertised on the website, however the room was indeed updated, with new bedding, contemporary furniture and new bathroom fixtures, and even included a refrigerator and safe. The TV was still an older model, however we didn't watch any television during our stay. The beds were extremely comfortable, the heat/AC unit was efficient and very quiet, and there was no noticeable outside noise during the night. We were also greatly impressed with the professional reception during check-in and check-out and how attentive the staff was to my special request for a ground floor room due to recent surgery. Compared to the price we usually pay for hotel accommodations, Travelodge was almost a steal. I'm even surprised to say that we were more comfortable at Travelodge than the "other" luxurious resort where we usually stay. We'll definitely return to Travelodge in the future. The staff deserves recognition for representing the hotel in such a professional manner.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room to the right side of the lobby. It was wonderfully quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank bluebelle1957
There are newer reviews for Heart of I-Drive

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Good size room, which was clean and comfortable - and I was pleased that there was a room safe as well as other expected amenities. Hotel staff were polite and friendly. The hotel is towards the top end of International Drive with many other hotels, attractions, shops and restaurants in the area. I stayed for three nights and the hotel was a perfect budget location for getting out and about in the Orlando area. The only negative comment is that no breakfast is provided - something I would have expected for a Travelodge type accommodation and there weren't as many really local breakfast options as I would have hoped for.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank soulmanAl
Reviewed 23 October 2013

You get what you pay for. It did the job for 3 night stay. The beds were very comfortable and the room was cleaned every day supplying us with fresh towels. The hotel was very kind and let us check out an hour later with no extra charge. Close to universal and the outlet shops. The I ride stops very close to the hotel with chillis straight opposite with great food. Walking distance to wet n wild

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark H
Reviewed 22 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stayed one night at this hotel just to wait for my flight the next day. I got a room on the first floor in front of the pool. The light above the bathroom mirror did not work. Na alarm clock for one of the um-occupied rooms went on and woke me up at 2AM and was ringing until 7AM. I went to the bathroom and saw 2 cockroaches in the bathroom! TWO!!! One was walking close to the tub and the other under the sink. In the morning I pulled up the linens and saw some crumbles and a long hair (I have short hair) below the blanket. I was SO disgusted and wanted to run away from there. Horrible experience. DO NOT RECOMMEND.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo