“Good Room, Check in out of Fawlty Towers”
Review of Heart of I-Drive

Heart of I-Drive
Ranked #290 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Kelowna BC Canada
“Good Room, Check in out of Fawlty Towers”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I booked online in advance and got a good deal on this room. Don't pay more than $50.00 though it isn't worth it. Check your final bill closely, watch your change at the front desk. The british lady ahead of me accused the clerk of giving her change for a 20 when she gave him a $100.00. They seemed to sort it out but checking my final bill I found it $10.00 more over 3 days than my quote from Travelodge. They blamed it on a resort fee but this is not close to being a resort. Do not check in before 3pm and even after then it is hit and miss. The two fawlty tower characters behind the check in desk argued about vacant rooms and gave me a key to an occupied room. When I opened the door all their valuables were in plain sight. They treated the people checking in like cattle, next! next! next! and no apologies for the screw up.The room was large and bed comfortable when I finally got a vacant room. The pool was small and so cold you could barely swim.

Room Tip: Good Luck!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The price was great and the location even better i was close to everithing
Renata at the.front desk was very nice and helpfull she adviced me on.many places to eat and see. Overall the stay was all i.wanted

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank sampae
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

We first arrived and got told we had to pay $140 for rental off a cot which I refused by the very unhelpful man on reception (towards end of holiday he was on longer around) the smell of the room was unbearable asked to be changed rooms and the was no availability but the lovely other man on reception got one of the cleaning men to sort it out, hotel in itself was very clean but very basic. We chose the travellodge because in England they are cheap but neat so we expected same in America, staff at this hotel bar the man who was on reception the first few days of the holiday.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Emma F
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Booked the room because it was close to the airport and cheap. Has a pool people seemed to be enjoying. Offers breakfast , fridge and microwave in room the rooms are old Etc but for the price you can't beat it I would stay there again for a short stay or on a budget

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Warlingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Checked in here on first night of our roadtrip to New Orleans , stayed one night , and wouldnt wanted to stay any longer , very friendly staff , great reception staff, but not clean , worn out and old fashioned .

Room Tip: One night was enough , we were returning to Orlando at the end of our road trip 2 weeks later , defi...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Close to the airport and very reasonably priced. Tracey at the front desk was extremely helpful with assisting me with all tourist enquiries and with booking rental cars. Exceptional staff make such a difference and I wouldn't hesitate at staying there again because of the service I received.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Orlando
Reviewed 5 March 2014

The room was descent, clean and comfortable for a weekend get away The room included a refrigerator , but no microwave, which I'm accustomed to having a micro in my room, but I can't complaint because the price was affordable and fitted my budget. My husband and I loved the location, right in the middle of stores, restaurants, amusement parks and more! One down thing is, you have to pay 25 cent a minute to us the computer where I'm use to free computer us in other hotels!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge