Arrived at the Lake Buena Vista Resort village for a 11 nights stay at 2 p.m. room was not ready yet and I was told to check back in about an hour. We checked out the pool in the meantime which was excellent. Zero entry pool with pirate ship waterslide. Pool towels were provided but a sign posted mentioned no outside food and drinks permitted. There was a pool bar with quite high prices. Pool was not too crowded. When I checked back with at the reception there was a line and only two people checking in people. We were provided with four room keys for our party and a bunch of coupons for the outlet mall next door. Two of the key cards did not work.
Our three bedroom three bathroom suite was in building one on the fourth floor. Building one has a game room for kids, the gym and a separate smaller pool area. Buidling one does not have a parking garage on the first two floors like the newer buidlings so it was outside parking only. There is some parking in front of the entrance of the building available but most of the times we had to parallel park in the street which was also okay.
The hallways are interior, however, the carpets look quite old and could use replacement. Upon entering our suite we were welcomed by lots of masking room deodorizing spray. The suite was very clean but the furnishings were very torn (Carpet, sofa, furniture in bedrooms). Furnishings was exactly as it looked on the pictures in the internet including the old-fashioned (non flat screen) TV in living room. There also TV sets in all bedrooms. Bathrooms were okay. The bath rooms in master bedrooms had jacuzzi tubs which was very nice. There were three sets of towles in the master bathrooms which are not replaced for free during your stay. Towel exchange is $5 and full clean for our three bedrooms suite was $40. We did not have our suite cleaned during our stay so I cannot comment on this service. There is a washer/dryer combo in the suites but the dryer is no good. We were better off airdrying our towles on the balcony. The kitchen is well equipped with fullsize fridge but at least our coffee maker was in very bad shape. There is free wired internet access in the suites. LAN cable is provided from the reception. WiFi is available in the lobby and pool area.
The Lake Buena Vista Resort is a self catering resort and we got exactly what we expected from reading the reviews. We got a good advance payment rate booking from the hotel's website which was about 40% of the rack rate. Would stay there again even though the suites could use some updating. The resort is close to Disney and right next to a smaller outlet mall (not comparable to premium outlets). Walmart is only about a mile away but a rental car is in every case strongly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location and amenities! Luxury one, two, three and four bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens, private balconies, washer/dryer and more. Two pools - one with a Pirate Ship slide and pool bar. Reflections Spa~Salon and Frankie Farrell's Irish Pub onsite. Two miles to Disney and on the doorstep of Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores. Complimentary scheduled transportation to Disney, Universal, and SeaWorld. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Village Hotel Orlando
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Spa
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Village And Spa
- Lake Buena Vista Village
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa Orlando, Florida