“My Home Away from Home”

Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa
Ranked #92 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 3 November 2011

We have been staying at the Lake Buena Vista Resort Village and Spa since they opened five years ago. I book a block of rooms in November for Florida Classic Weekend. Every year, someone new joins our group is is sold on this resort. I love this place and can't wait to see them in two weeks!

Room Tip: Personally, I LOVE the 4 bedroom, 4 bath large overlooking the Shipwrecked Pool in Building 5.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (8,961)

Reviewed 2 November 2011

Great hotel for families and/or groups. The size of the bedrooms and living areas was perfect. The 2-bedroom unit can accommodate 6 people comfortably. The kitchen and washer/dryer stackable makes a longer stay more manageable. The swimming pool, complete with pirate ship and slide, makes this resort even more fun. I recommend you bring your own pool towels as the ones provided are very small. Also, make use of the complimentary shuttle from the hotel to Epcot Center. Very comfortable, reliable service. Oh yeah, and check out the Irish Pub across the street (i think that's Bldg 1). Really nice restaurant with a great vibe and good food.
Will return to LBV Resort Village & Spa.

Room Tip: 2-bedroom unit accommodates 6 comfortably.
3  Thank MSNM
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2011

Thank you for your positive review of our resort. We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, and hope that you will come back to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 2 November 2011

We booked our Disney World Trip 300 days out and counted everyday till we got there, keep in mind that I called the resort to confirm and reconfirm our reservation several times for a 9 day stay with a request of building #5. Upon arrival I was told there were no 3bd 3bath in build 5 and it was noted by management that we were to get a room in building # 5 so we were put in build # 1..... and it stunk very bad and the carpets were disgusting as well as when we wanted to use the fold out couch it had a huge urine stain on it that smelled horribly and we called the front desk and never got a call ever, we did not let this ruin our vacation as we flew in from California but we know not to stay here again!

1  Thank happyhallfmly

Thank you for your review. I am disappointed to hear that your recent stay did not live up to your expectations! I appreciate all of your comments, and am sorry about the confusion regarding the location of our 3 bed/ 3 bath units. I hope that you will consider booking with us again in the future so that we can show you better hospitality.

Reviewed 2 November 2011

We had a 2 bedroom suite in Building 5 overlooking the pool. It was our 50th anniversary and the staff could not have been nicer. We had a lovely gift in our room from the staff and management which was great. Trips to Disney Parks was easy and quick. Super clean suite and very friendly staff.

Room Tip: Front desk staff is very accomodating. Let them know of any special needs or requests
1  Thank Goldenisles7
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2011

Thank you very much for your comments, and congratulations on your 50th wedding anniversary! I am glad that our staff was able to make your stay that much more memorable, and hope that you will choose to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 1 November 2011

We had 3 bedroom 8th floor St. Lucia suite in building 1. The condo was very spaceous and clean. We loved it! We had a lovely large balcony facing LBV Factory Stores and flat TVs in every room. Kids loved the pool area and so did adults. The staff was friendly and helpful. Can't wait to go back :)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Nina K
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2011

Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us. We are always grateful to hear feedback from our guests, especially when they have a great time. We hope that you will choose our resort for your next Orlando vacation.

Reviewed 1 November 2011

We stayed here for 9 days, location was super close to Disney and had restaurants and store on site, tiki bar food was horrible was from microwave and charge fee for this service, Irish pub had great service and food, the little store had everything any one could ever need, lady and guy in store were very helpfull to us and very friendly with our 8 month old baby and 6 yr old, bath room in our room had meldew so I came to front desk and women manager with white blonde hair little older came to talk to me, her eyes were red and smelled of acohol she didn't resolve my issue, overall the hotel was what I paid for.

• Stayed: October 2011

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments, and have passed them on to the relevant departments. We are glad that you enjoyed our resort amenities and location, and hope that you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

Me, my husband, and our kids tried this place out for the first time after a friend had reccomended it to us (she is also a travel agent) so we were pretty excited. we got to the hotel around 1pm after a long drive from GA. Check in was at 4, but the girl checking us in by the name of trish was able to get us a room that was ready for us to move into!! She also gave us a FREE pool view, (which was about $10 extra per night) but she said after a long drive we deserved it. The room was exceptionally clean. We were in building three on the 12th floor. The furniture was fine, all kitchen appliances seemed new. The couch was a little outdated, but that was it. No worse than mine at home! Pool was the next thing we ventured out to. Kids LOVED the slide. Relaxing music. just great! Went to see the concierge (who works for expedia and not the hotel) about some tickets. she had long light brown hair, i think her name was jen? She was quite rude with a guest who didnt spead very good english in front of us. poor women just wanted to inquire about the shuttle but the cocnierge was so frustrated, and so mean. This turned me off. I ended up buying tickets from AAA office, much cheaper than what I was quoted at anyways. I wish the hotel sold tickets! Rather buy them from the front desk staff then expedia rep.
Checked out threedays later around 12pm. Avery at the checkout had given me a late one!! (we needed it). After packing, Avery and matt, helped me sort my bill out. I forgot I ordered tiki bar drinks (apparently one too many haha) but I was so happy with the convenience of being able to do that. Who wants to bring cash and wallets and purses down to a pool anyways?
This was a great stay, the front desk staff I dealt with was the cream of the crop. (concierge jen not so much) Pool was the best pool I have ever encountered at a resort, almost as good as a theme park pool! the rooms were clean, the grounds were lovely. will be coming back next year!

Room Tip: -Great location. Everything is a 5minute drive away. -Bldg 3 was SUPERB. -Say hi to those awesome...
2  Thank Alanna G

Thanks so much for your comments. I am delighted to hear that your stay with us was the best part of your vacation! I appreciate your kind words about Trish, and Matt at the front desk, and will certainly pass those on. We look forward to showing you the same hospitality on your next visit.